Airing of Grievances!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Airing of Grievances!!

Pink, were you on my flight yesterday?!  lol. 

I was psyched that they made people check their roll on luggage b/c the plane was too full. I don't carry anything other than my purse and a carry-on bag that fits under the seat. You do not need to have a roll on carry on unless you are on an overnight business trip [and even then I check it b/c I don't want to lift it over my head on a cramped plane].  You are going home to a cold climate for the holidays - no one travels that light at Christmas time.  A weekend beach vacation- okay, maybe you just need one carry on; but Christmas in Boston? Who are you kidding?  Just pay the freaking $25 dollars and check your bag.  I cannot believe how much crap the woman in front of me in the security line had to put through the conveyer.  What cheapos. If you can't swing the $25 baggage fee, don't fly.  Period.  And please wear shoes that require socks when going through security.  Seeing people in bare feet in the airport is so disgusting.  Apparently, they aren't afraid of catching anything. 

And please leave your little dogs at home!  I got a pet sitter; so can you.

I carry ear plugs wherever I go now. So awesome for flights.  We had a full flight about about 5 screaming kids that I could count.  I put those suckers in and can enjoy my cheesy magazines in peace. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!!:
    [QUOTE] I don't carry anything other than my purse and a carry-on bag that fits under the seat. Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

LOL! I'm the same way. All I have with me is a purse big enough to fit a magazine and all my other essentials.
    I totally agree that people who are too cheap to check their stuff shouldn't fly. The time you think you're saving by not having to go to the baggage claim, you end up wasting having to stand around while evryone tries to fit all their earthly possessions though security and into the overhead bins!
    can you imagine how quickly we could all get on and off planes if everyone just checked their cr@p?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!! : Have to agree with you on that one, spinningwheel.  But that scenario doesn't happen too often.  I happen to have a friend who does this all the time and I won't ride with her to the store.  Either we drive in my car or we don't drive together.  There is nothing wrong with her.  She is using a handicapped sign from a neighbor of hers who died.  I won't have any part of that.  She won't ride with me because I park as far away from the store as possible not only to save my car from dings and dents but mostly for the extra exercise I get from walking ( diddlybopping ) into the mall. 
    Posted by Obbieite[/QUOTE]
    This reminds me of an old friend of mine who bragged about having a Section 8 voucher.  Her parents are millionaires whose support for her included buying her a luxury SUV.  I truly believe that most people who are in the system are not milking the system (obviously there are some who do), but this chick was milking and was proud of it.  We weren't friends much longer after that.... 

As for your friend, I think the tags are supposed to have the owner's picture on it now (although there's the band that can cover it up so it's not so public), and I think they have to be renewed more frequently than they used to, so maybe her jig will be up soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I have another wedding related one that has been bothering me lately...

When people assume that they will be invited to a wedding. Over Christmas it seems that a lot of people were engaged and I saw facebook posts like the following several times: "Congrats John and Jane on your engagement.  Now I have 10 weddings this summer!"  At no point should you assume that you're invited to a wedding, it makes me cringe each time!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airing of Grievances!! : This reminds me of an old friend of mine who bragged about having a Section 8 voucher.  Her parents are millionaires whose support for her included buying her a luxury SUV.  I truly believe that most people who are in the system are not milking the system (obviously there are some who do), but this chick was milking and was proud of it.  We weren't friends much longer after that....  As for your friend, I think the tags are supposed to have the owner's picture on it now (although there's the band that can cover it up so it's not so public), and I think they have to be renewed more frequently than they used to, so maybe her jig will be up soon!
    Posted by spinningwheel[/QUOTE]

very true. My MIL is one of those scumbags who got a handicap placard from a friend and uses it to get good parking spots simply because she's lazy. it disgusts me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My BIL has asthma but also works for the city, so not only got a handicap placecard (that my sister uses too) but he had the city give him 3 handicap parking spots in front of his house.  This is a city that is very congested with not enough parking as it is.  I went with them to a neighbors barbecue one year and another neighbor told them off.  It was kind of funny and def deserved.  Oh and my sister who didn't work for 25 years, magically, after a city wide search, got a job with the city.  Nice gig if you can get it... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

[QUOTE]About the handicap tags - a woman that I work with got one after foot surgery and she claims she never needs to renew it. Maybe she is in a lot of pain but she mostly takes public transportation to work and seems to walk around perfectly fine, yet uses it to park when she drives into the city on weekends. On the other hand, a former neighbor was elderly, on oxygen, had a walker, etc. and wasn't able to get one. I don't know who makes the approvals but it seems a little unfair to me.  After some holiday shopping I have a new grievance. Actually it is one specific store in the Copley Mall that charged me twice rather than refunding my money for a return I made almost two weeks ago! Last week they finally agreed to refund the money (with no apologies) yet they only gave half of it back! I've reported them and called and gone to the store and still no luck. Ugh and the reason I made the return in the first place...because they were over priced. I found the same exact thing at another store for 20% less, not even on sale.
    Posted by cicirose[/QUOTE]

please be so kind as to tell me which store, because I shop at Copley a lot, and I want to avoid any store that would do anything like this!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

My grievance - trying to read these grievances for a little entertainment and to help destress from work and I keep getting interrupted. Please people - I am on the web - leave me alone! JK - sort of :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Obbieite. Show Obbieite's posts

[QUOTE]this list is just so fantastic! I have afew more after travelling for Christmas: -People who stand up as soon as the plane touches the ground. Where do you think you're going? We're all stuck here til they opent he door, you might as well just sit comfortably until then. -People who insist on carrying everything they own onto the plane as opposed to checking it, and clearly are nto prepared or familiar with the rules. They take forever with their shoes and laptops and everything else. Just check your stuff! Put your damn laptop in a sleeve, wear slip-on shoes, and try to not have change in every single pocket on your person. -People who behave badly around their children and then get upset when their kids act out. You need to lead by example. if you b!tch and whine to get your way, why would your kids do any different? -People who rush the baggage carousel. The bags come out one at a time. When you see your bag, that is when you step forward to retrieve it. You don't stand there, blocking everyone else from their luggage. -People who let their kids stand right in front of the baggage carousel. Unless your kid is actually capable of getting their own suitcase, there's no reason for them to be there. I'm sure there's plenty of other entertaining things going on, they don't have to watch every bag come out. -Elderly people who cannot lift their carry-on luggage into the overhead bins, but still don't just check them. they stand there and look around sheepishly for help, but don't ask. most airlines no longer allow their flight attendants to put carry on items away for passengers. you cannot rely on the kindness of strangers anymore, I know that's a shame, but it's just the way it is. I was on a flight home the day after Mother's day this past May and I was literally the only person on the plane who wasn't a senior citizen or travelling with an infant. The flight attendants weren't allow to help with bags, so the one or two younger guys (travelling with infants) able to assist people had to help everyone before we could even taxi out to the runway. -Airport terminals with no food except pre-made sandwiches. Have you ever eaten one of them? they cost $8 and taste like they're 4 days old. Unacceptable.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Boy, pinkkittie, I agree with all you said. I don't have a grievance but I think I'll add a change of clothes to my little ditty bag from now on just in case I get stuck in an airport for a few days.  This sure has been a trying week for a lot of travelers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

People who present information they clearly just made up as if it were fact 

Skinny people who think all overweight people are gluttons

Overweight people who think all thin people are anorexic

People who are mean to the elderly

People who shove onto the train first and then block the door so they can be the first off at the next stop.  Why not get on last?

People who think that just because they are on vacation that normal rules and etiquette don’t apply to them.  It’s nice that you are on vacation, but the people that live in this city aren’t and actually still have to get to work on time…I realize that you don’t want to be bothered by homeless people asking for change on the corner, but unfortunately world problems still exist even though you are on vacation

People on the T with bad breath that read over my shoulder

Men that “compliment” women in very demeaning/vulgar terms and then call you a derogatory name when you aren’t flattered

The word “involved”

Carlos Mencia

The Hills

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If you share a communal pot of coffee in an office, and you are the first one in in the AM, or take the last cup, for the love of God, make a fresh pot.  Every single day, the same guy gets in first and reheats yesterday's coffee. Then, when the fresh pot is ready, he is first in line to get a fresh cup.  You lazy bum, make the coffee for once!

If you are in a public place, and there are 2 doors, if someone has propped open one door, but you are in the other lane of foot traffic, you either need to yield to people who are in the lane with the right of way, or just open the other stinking door if you don't want to stop moving.  You do not get the right of way to go through the open door just b/c you think that you are so darn special.   The rules of the road still apply. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

* Deplane and irregardless are not words.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Every single day, the same guy gets in first and reheats yesterday's coffee. Then, when the fresh pot is ready, he is first in line to get a fresh cup.  You lazy bum, make the coffee for once!---

Alf,
    That guy works in our office too. And he always leaves his dirty cups in the sink. Who does he think is going to clean them? My nice secretary used to clean them, when she cleaned her own. I didn't know about it, until she complained to me. I told her to just put the DIRTY cups back on his desk. Reluctantly she did. It solved the problem.

And while we are at it, if you use the office microwave oven and splashes tomato sauce or other ethnic stuff (Argh!) all over the inside of it - for heavens sake, take a wet papertowel and wipe it clean. It is much easier to do, while it is fresh.
    After spending over an hour to get the gunk off, I sent a memo out in that regard. Didn't work. So, I simply removed the microwave oven (yes, I can do that). My employees were all up in arms of course.
    I did put it back, with the condition everyone clean up after themselves. They have become a little better about it, but not much. Just wonder how long it will last. Or the micro will be gone for good. - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Jacon,
    It is a free country - you don't ned to read them - P

[QUOTE]My grievance - trying to read these grievances for a little entertainment and to help destress from work and I keep getting interrupted. Please people - I am on the web - leave me alone! JK - sort of :)
    Posted by JACON[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, she was kidding - she was saying people at work have the "nerve" to interrupt her from goofing off by entertaining herself with our posts - it was sarcasm, telling people at work to stop bothering her and expecting her to WORK.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh jeez, I keep thinking fo new ones:

-People who email me or leave me a voicemail that say "I have a question/edit/problem" but don't tell me what the question/edit/problem actually is. I could be addressing the issue, but instead I now have to hunt them down to find out what the heck they're talking about!
    -People who leave me a voicemail about the email they just sent, or send me an email about the voicemail they just left. Redundancy drives me insane!
    -People who forward me an email I was already CC'd on. Are you seriously that unobservant?
    -When I tell someone "I can't talk right now..." and they say "Well, this will only take a minute..." No! If I had a minute, I would have said "Can you make it quick?" but I didn't say that. I said "I can't talk right now..." which means I don't have a minute!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Pingo, I bought coffee today. We are pretty light because most people are on vacation, so he was forced to  make coffee unless he wanted to drink old, stale coffee all day.  He had the nerve to come to my office and ask me in surprise and annoyance 'you actually went and bought a coffee?'  Um, yes, that is the purchased cup of coffee that you see on my desk.  He then asked me, 'how many scoops do I use to make a pot".  Response: "1.5, just like it says on the sign above the coffee pot". He says "I don't read signs". Me in my head: "Maybe you should start".  lol.  Unbelievable.  I wonder if his wife wipes his backend too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

"I don't read signs"
    That is the worst! Hope the next sign he ignores says "Manhole Open"!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just got one today from my boss.  Asked me to email him something and I did.  Comes in the office a few hours later and said "you didn't email me what I requested, did you not get my voicemail???"  I looked at him and said I most certainly did, I can show you I emailed it right away.  He then says, Oh, I must have deleted it.  Really???  Guess it wasn't that important huh?  How about people that don't know how to close the cabinet doors in the kitchen?  Or the one instead of throwing his lunch bag in the trash barrel, leaves it on the kitchen table.  The trash barrel is right next to it....  amazing how many you can think of!  Enjoying this one!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

This is my favorite thread of the year.  I second so many of these.  Here's a little more fuel for the fire.  (Please forgive any duplicates!) 

- the horrible TP at my office that is not only single-ply but also perforated in such a fashion that it's impossible to take more than one square at a time

- guests who write in extras on their response cards, dodge your phone calls and emails for weeks and then call the morning of the wedding to say they're not coming

- tech support

- people who don't flush

- the dentist asking me lots of open-ended questions when my mouth is pried open and her hands are in it

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

People who are wrong, offend other people and never acknowledge or apologize.  They think they are better than everyone else, so the attitude is, why should I.  Really irritates me to death.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Pink, I can't reply to your post but one of my old managers use to forward me emails that were addressed to me but had her CC'd asking me to take care of the issue in the email. Well, considering the email is addressed to me, yes I will take care of that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JACON. Show JACON's posts

Pingo - I think you misunderstood my post- I want to read these. They are very entertaining. I just want to stop getting interrupted while I do it.

Rirlo - how about people who RSVP to the wedding then don't show up OR call. I had 7 of these. Yes, 7! And only 2 gave me an explanation later. Still annoys me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Jacon, that is The Worst! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Got you Jacon!

[QUOTE]Pingo - I think you misunderstood my post- I want to read these. They are very entertaining. I just want to stop getting interrupted while I do it. Rirlo - how about people who RSVP to the wedding then don't show up OR call. I had 7 of these. Yes, 7! And only 2 gave me an explanation later. Still annoys me.
    Posted by JACON[/QUOTE]