Am I missing something?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Am I missing something?

18 days to go! I feel weirdly zen about everything, but also like I'm forgetting a million things. What am I missing?

We got our marriage license today, seating chart is done, the venue has our numbers, placecards and table numbers are done, have the BM gifts (trying to get FI to do the same for his guys)....What else is there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Am I missing something?

Hmmm, have you talked to your photog about "must have shots"? That's all I can think of. I think you are all set!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Did you get cards for your parents/wedding party?  I found awesome cards at greetingcarduniverse.com They have tons of specific cards & I picked individual bridesmaid cards for each of my girls & a special one "for my mom on my wedding day".  And you have time still to get them, fast delivery!

And also what Liz said - confirm details w/ your vendors (esp. photographer).
    And just relax... anything that needs to be done will come up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Tibird, I like your avatar, and what seems to be a Red Sox themed wedding!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Don't forget to make the mani/pedi/massage/whatever relaxing thing you do appointments!  Those are important!  :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Aha, cards for the parents! Good call. I caught up with my photog...and my bachelorette party/spa day is this weekend! I should probably start a honeymoon list--Hawaii!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I was very calm before my wedding too, I apparently freaked other people out because I was so calm :)

I think if you have your list of things that need to be done and it is checked off then  relax and enjoy yourself.

This was my check list and it was done about two weeks before the wedding except wear noted.
    Favors/place cards- are they ready to go
    Gifts- are the wrapped and ready
    Ceremony items- are they in a box, bag (Ie unity candle programs)
    Dress- picked up
    Seating chart - is it done
    Final numbers to caterer
    Honeymoon docs in one place (I had a big manila envelope with our tickets and passports and itinerary all together.  I didn't pack until Thursday and we left on Sunday.
    License is picked up
    Rings are picked up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

WPP - have you given your song list to your DJ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Thanks Peoni - yup, we're both big ball fans.  The wedding was at a ball park & apparently I went a little overboard with it.  But it was fun (& memorable) :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

WPP, this is so exciting.  You're almost there.  Along with taking care of all the things that need to get done for the wedding and honeymoon, make sure to take care of yourself, too.  Relax, breathe, and take it all in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Yup, we met with the DJ (we think he'll be good too, we have similar music tastes).

This is great, I'm just going to ride the next 17 days and enjoy going from engaged to married!

For the cards to the parents, did you write one to your FI/DH's parents too?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Like Wendy, I freaked people out because I was so calm.  You're probably calm because you know it's all set.  Relax and enjoy!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

In Response to Re: Am I missing something?:
    For the cards to the parents, did you write one to your FI/DH's parents too?
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

I did not. I got a great one for them, but due to some pre-wedding behavior, I decided I had better not write anything "heart-felt" to them, so I let DH take care of a card to them.  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

tibird, what happened with your in-laws?  If you don't want to answer, don't worry.  I hope all is okay now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Yup, we met with the DJ (we think he'll be good too, we have similar music tastes). This is great, I'm just going to ride the next 17 days and enjoy going from engaged to married! For the cards to the parents, did you write one to your FI/DH's parents too?

I'm so jealous!  We have 24 days to go and I am a MESS!  LOL!

I think writing a card for your FI's parents is a really nice gesture, especially if you're close with them.  I'm doing one for FI's mom.  She was a huge help with the wedding and was totally generous.  Plus I know I can't depend on FI to do it.  :)

FI's dad is not getting a card from me though.  He's never really made any effort to get to know me, nor did he even show an interest in our wedding.  He's lucky he gets an invite!  LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

tibird, what happened with your in-laws?  If you don't want to answer, don't worry.  I hope all is okay now.
    Posted by Goodness1

Hi Goodness, there were a few incidents that ended up hurting people very close to me, in viscous, immature ways.   Things are better now, partially due to the wedding being over but mostly because we have distanced ourselves greatly from toxic relationships.  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I'm sorry to hear that.  But, it sounds like you're on your way to thinking healthy thoughts, that's wonderful.  It's good that you've pulled away from negativity.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

WPP - Hawaii honeymoon - so exciting!!  One thing you could do with your time, if you want/need to, is any honeymoon planning such as booking luau's, researching things to do, etc.  You might not need or want to, since it's Hawaii and you can just lounge on the beach all day if you want!  But I regret not having time to really research the cities in Italy we were visiting because I, unlike you, was CRAZED the 2 weeks before my wedding.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Good idea, Heather! We booked a swimming with dolphins activity (I'm psyched about that!) and we definitely want to do some luaus, kyaking, and other stuff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Good idea, Heather! We booked a swimming with dolphins activity (I'm psyched about that!) and we definitely want to do some luaus, kyaking, and other stuff.

That sounds so fun WPP!!  And your avitar just reminded me - did you make arraingements for the piggy while you're gone? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I went swimming with dolphins in the Dominican Republic and accidently kicked one, and felt sooo bad, but he got me back by biting my leg. But don't worry their teeth don't hurt at all :) It is so fun :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Yup, Jake (our piggy) is vacationing at grandma and grandpa's house while we're in Hawaii (FI's parents). FI's dad is obsessed with him and loves feeding him carrots.

lol, Peonie! At least the dolphin had a sense of humor about it. It seems like such an amazing experience!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Rings, wedding gift for hubby (we didn't do that but others might) have a glass of wine and two of water and sleep for good skin

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

Start addressing the envelopes for thank you notes - that would be great to have done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Yup, Jake (our piggy) is vacationing at grandma and grandpa's house while we're in Hawaii (FI's parents). FI's dad is obsessed with him and loves feeding him carrots. lol, Peonie! At least the dolphin had a sense of humor about it. It seems like such an amazing experience!

It is an amazing experience, however I think yours will be different. I have a feeling you will be standing. In the DR, where we went, we had to float in about 15 feet of water, so the dolphin was under me and I didn't seem him, so my feet were dangling which is how I accidently kicked the poor thing :(

I will say, you do smell a little "fishy" afterwards, but it is worth it!

Sections
Shortcuts