Am I totally selfish?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Am I totally selfish?

Lucy, you and me are in the same boat, my friend. If we do happen to get engaged around the same time, we are SO going wedding dress shopping together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

both these guys ended up having to have their girlfriends help them pick out a ring because they'd never bought anyone jewelry before, so they didn't have a clue. They also didn't know their ring sizes.
    But I agree, I wouldn't want to pick out my ring or know it'd been bought all, but guys sometimes aren't so good at keeping secrets, especially when they're excited about them.
    I sort of knew DH was going to propose. He was acting funny, so I knew he was either going to ask me to marry him or he was going to break up with me. The anticipation was terrible.

Response to Re: Am I totally selfish?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I totally selfish? : You know, I don't think I would want to know that the ring had been bought.  I would be totally insane from the anticipation.  I think I would prefer that it be a total surprise.  I would also prefer that he propose now when I'm not really expecting him to, but that's a totally different story.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Am I totally selfish?:
    [QUOTE]Lucy, you and me are in the same boat, my friend. If we do happen to get engaged around the same time, we are SO going wedding dress shopping together.
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Oh, sweetie.  You don't want to wait until I'm wedding dress shopping for me.  But, if he does propose, I could go with you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Either of you could propose to your sweeties, just use a ring to seal the deal. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]     Either of you could propose to your sweeties, just use a ring to seal the deal. :)
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

Well, he's the sort of guy who wouldn't propose until after I had met his parents, who live way out of state.  So, even if I proposed to him, I'm not sure he would accept right now.  It's OK.  I am going to meet them for Thanksgiving.  I can wait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I totally selfish? : You know, I don't think I would want to know that the ring had been bought.  I would be totally insane from the anticipation.  I think I would prefer that it be a total surprise.  I would also prefer that he propose now when I'm not really expecting him to, but that's a totally different story.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

I totally wish I hadn't found the box.  I didn't really relax and enjoy those 3 months even though I tried to put it out of my mind.  And, I'm sure my friends wished I hadn't, too.  It really ratcheted up the stress, just like you predict it would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Aw, that's cute! :) Oh, so last night we went out with my bf's parent's and his sister and his sister's friends because bf's sister is moving to NC today. Bf's mom had a little too much sangria and in front of EVERYONE goes "_______, when are you going to marry _______?" I don't think I have ever seen his face turn that many shades of red!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Too funny!  I did that to my mom, actually.  She divorced my father when I was 4, and when I was 6 she was dating someone I really liked.  He was holding me on his hip (standing), talking to my mom, and I interrupted and said, "Mama, why don't you marry Bob?"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I totally selfish? : Too funny!  I did that to my mom, actually.  She divorced my father when I was 4, and when I was 6 she was dating someone I really liked.  He was holding me on his hip (standing), talking to my mom, and I interrupted and said, "Mama, why don't you marry Bob?"
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar that is so cute, did your mom marry him?!   When my dad told me he was going to marry  my step mom, I yelled out I Knew it!!  I was about 7, he was surprised to hear that answer. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Am I totally selfish? : Too funny!  I did that to my mom, actually.  She divorced my father when I was 4, and when I was 6 she was dating someone I really liked.  He was holding me on his hip (standing), talking to my mom, and I interrupted and said, "Mama, why don't you marry Bob?"
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I used to do the opposite to my mom!  My parents were split for awhile when I was younger (long story that I won't get into), and I was terrible while my mom was dating.  When I was about 5 I walked right up to my mom and her boyfriend, and said to my mom:  "I don't like him.  Tell him to go home."  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Peonie, your not selfish at all! I never really got that anxiety about being asked months prior, but I kind of wish I had a little bit of an idea. It was just while he was proposing that I had that surge of addrenalin and everything stopped. But he didn't know he was going to propose either so he kind of got to go through it with me :) We did go together to pick out my ring though, but I'm kind of glad I was with him. The sales lady kept pushing us to get a three stone ring for the past present and future, but they were all way to big for me (i'm a waitress and was a pastry chef at a restaurant at the time so I didn't want to constantly be having to take my ring off.) Fiance even said he's glad I went with him otherwise we never would have found the ring I chose (which we both love!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

AH!!  What did he say??  Or did everyone just ignore her?

[QUOTE]Aw, that's cute! :) Oh, so last night we went out with my bf's parent's and his sister and his sister's friends because bf's sister is moving to NC today. Bf's mom had a little too much sangria and in front of EVERYONE goes "_______, when are you going to marry _______?" I don't think I have ever seen his face turn that many shades of red!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]