Another BDC posters gathering?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Yes, the Sports Depot is easy to get to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

I don't do downtown Boston if I can avoid it. Boston's tough on a cripple.

I'll need a place with handcapped parking if you want to see my smiling mug.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]wouldn't recommend the red line. it breaks down every time you turn around. that & the green line I think are the most undependable lines in the system.
    [/Quote]

You're half right - you forgot to mention the blue line and the orange line. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

the red line has been terrible lately. I thought it couldn't get worse than the green line, but at least the green line has multiple tracks.

[Quote]Doyle's in JP has parking and is on the orange line.

The Sports Depot in Allston has parking and is not too far from the B line (if it's sunny) and could have a hockey game on.

Jacob Wirth's downtown has a pay lot next door, and there's a handicapped on-street spot nearby, but I'd probably need to bring my husband with me to navigate those stairs.

I'm not familiar with either end of the red line, and I wouldn't inflict the blue line on anyone.[/Quote]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

I too work in Boston; would love join! Didn't get to make last one :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

There use to be an A line, but it was closed down. The train lines are still in the ground though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If Missy is coming, then I am def. coming.

Sports Depot belongs to the uncle of a former bf, but I'll still go. Would prefer that we do something near North Station if possible for logistical reasons.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

the last street cars on the A line ran in 1969, they kept the tracks for access to the Watertown car house. They didn't take down the electric wires until 1994

[Quote]They closed down the A line circa 1980 and loosely replaced it with some bus lines.[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

that's understandable. at the last G2G cosmo drove me home since we live nearby and my husband thought I was a little crazy. then again he thought it was crazy I was going out to meet people from the BDC in general. We'll find someway to meet with you kargiver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

lucy, don't feel bad. Ready for this? When I was a Freshman at BU, a Boston cop told a group of us girls out exploring our new city that the Hancock building light has 4 colors: red, blue, orange, and purple. For the longest time I kept looking to see the two non-existant colors and wondering if the blue was really purple sometimes. LOL!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[Quote]

Yeah. I would prefer to be somewhere in Boston. Or at least, somewhere on a line other than the B, C, or E lines (Question: Why is there no A?).[/Quote]

There used to be an A line. It ran through Brighton Center [that's what those T tracks were for].

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

If laryans going to go, I want to go to....I owe her a dinner anyways. Could I be included too? Love to meet all of you!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd love to add my name to the list, and thank you Linda, for offering to drive me, but my DH isn't comfortable with the whole online safety thing, and it's not something I want to push. He's concerned for me, and I respect that even if I don't agree with his idea of the risk. I swear he'd be happy as a clam as if he could snap his fingers have have it 1809 instead of 2009!

I'll be thinking of you! Hugs, ladies!!!

P.S. It was a long time before I found out the A line was defunct; I was worried about driving so clearly back and forth over train tracks - I figured it was a matter of time before I got in a bad spot! :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]

I only have one awful poly BM dress left - when we sold my family's "big house" the rest went to the Nearly New. Should I bring both Wedding Dresses displayed over my arm? Let me know the etiquette for this. Not sure Emily Post ever addressed these subjects. [/Quote]

Ooh! Can I borrow one?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Mrs, thanks so much for your offer! I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I'll do better.

~kargiver

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

They closed down the A line circa 1980 and loosely replaced it with some bus lines.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Thanks, everyone! This whole "No A" thing has been making me crazy for longer than I should admit. For about four months, I just thought I never saw it.

And I had noticed T tracks in Brighton Center.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Oh, I heart the blue line. I submit that it's superior to the other lines...which isn't saying much.

I'd like to meet the regulars too and put faces to (screen)names....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

bumping this up so it doesn't get lost

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, NL - I was hoping I wasn't making my DH seem mean or controlling - he sure isn't either of those things. Just a total lover of all things old fashioned and mistruster of anything new fangled. And, that's pretty much everything beyond a solar calculator! LOL!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

the orange line is the most dependable of the whole system, although this winter they've had more than their fair share of "switching problems" this winter, which is a surprise.

i've done the orange to red line (hyde park to cambridge) up until about 8 yrs ago. never had any issues w/the orange line, but a slew of problems w/the red line.

green line is always "non running" especially during a snow storm.

oh...i got rid of all 30 bm/moh dresses...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

[Quote]the last street cars on the A line ran in 1969, they kept the tracks for access to the Watertown car house. They didn't take down the electric wires until 1994

[/Quote]
    Wow, was it that long ago it ran? I thought it was in the late 70s. And I thought it predated most people on here!

A part of me would love to meet everyone, but I kind of like my anonymity. Plus I am in the middle of an extremely stressful cycle with cheerleading, work trips, school vacation week, etc, culminating in my daughter's Bat Mitzvah and our trip to China in June/July. I have chest pain just thinking about it all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[Quote]If Missy is coming, then I am def. coming.

Sports Depot belongs to the uncle of a former bf, but I'll still go. Would prefer that we do something near North Station if possible for logistical reasons.[/Quote]

Yeah. I would prefer to be somewhere in Boston. Or at least, somewhere on a line other than the B, C, or E lines (Question: Why is there no A?).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

oh Dani, you don't owe me anything, i'd love the opportunity just to hang out with you for a while...
    this no car of my own crap is for the birds though...is ready to "hoe self" out for $$ for my own car...my car industry contacts are telling me this is a great time to buy as the deals are incredible

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Laryan
    If you need a ride, I can always pick you up someplace.

Sections
Shortcuts