Are You Making Anything for Your Wedding?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Are You Making Anything for Your Wedding?

WOOHOO! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE] I also put together a surprise "favor" for DH (who has been battling cancer for the past 2 years & still has bald patches to prove it).  I ordered awareness pins & attached them to business cards I printed with an invitation for each of our guests to wear one in silent support.  I didn't actually "make" them, but there was some work involved.   Just about everyone had one on as they walked in for the ceremony & DH had no idea where they came from :)
    Posted by tibird[/QUOTE]

This is awesome.  Awesome of you to come up with this for your DH, and awesome of almost all of your guests to wear the pins at your wedding.  Nice job, Tibird!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

We did:

Invitations (and directions, brunch invites, envelopes) - used a fall foliage photo and played round in photo shop with it to put writing etc on it.

Place names - color printer and card stock.

Favors - a family effort, MIL is a potter/ceramic artist, so that helped.

Flowers - purchased direct from grower and MIL/Aunty made the bouquets.

Orders of Service - Designed, worded etc, we printed out the inserts but got the covers professionally done.  We then folded/ribboned them.

Cake - Made by Grandma, decorated by a family friend (and to this day people still say it was the best cake they have both ever seen and tasted!).

Oh, and did own, bridesmaids and moms make up on the day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Invites-  Wedding I used a kit and then added a belly band too because I did not have an inner envelope.  I also used a kit for the RD invites.  To personalize them I went less than formal since I did not use black ink but I did make a custom RGB value (which anyone can do but it was just the right shade for me) I used a standard font.  I also took a standard free piece of clip art and made it my own by making a copy of the scroll and flipping it and putting the two pieces together to make a sideways "s" like figure.  I used that clip art on Wedding and RD invites as well as programs and place cards.

Programs- clip art, card stock and ribbon

Favors- I bought the glass bottles but cut and bent all the wire for the holders and then made the place cards.  I used stickers to designate the meal choices.

The unity candle - Christmas tree shop candle, ribbon, pearl headed pins, and left over velum from the RD invite kit.

Card box- I used the venue's box but added a little extra tulle to it about $5 to add the extra tulle and bonus I didn't have to keep it the venue took it back for other brides to use.  I also used the venue's standard table numbers it was just easier.

Jewelry- I made mine and the bridesmaids.

I don't have pics of all of the stuff but here is some on this flicker set.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I made the programs on my own (they were pretty simple, just needed to print and fold them). I also assembled the favor boxes, and my parents helped fill them with candy. I also put together a memorial candle set up with a sign and some pictures in frames. I also put together the bathroom courtesy baskets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

So far I am planning to make:
    -Save the Dates (already out)
    -Invites
    -Table Numbers
    -Thank you cards
    -centerpieces (thanks to martha!)
    -programs
    -menus

...i think that's it. 
    I am not creative at all and I never do "crafty" things so we'll see how this goes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

I am doing the centerpieces, which are wood pilings with netting (found at Michael's) strewn around and sea glass.

I am making vases for the bridesmaid bouquets. I am considering making the invitations, but I am still a little nervous about this.

I am making the placecards and wine corks will be holding them up. I am also considering programs, although I have not yet determined if I am deeming them necessary or not.

What else, I know there is more. I have done so much research on it. Possibly a card box if I don't find a used one to buy first.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

In Response to Re: Are You Making Anything for Your Wedding?:
    [QUOTE]I am doing the centerpieces, which are wood pilings with netting (found at Michael's) strewn around and sea glass. I am making vases for the bridesmaid bouquets. I am considering making the invitations, but I am still a little nervous about this. I am making the placecards and wine corks will be holding them up. I am also considering programs, although I have not yet determined if I am deeming them necessary or not. What else, I know there is more. I have done so much research on it. Possibly a card box if I don't find a used one to buy first.
    Posted by GK2bwed[/QUOTE]

ooo, I like the idea of wine corks to hold up the placecards.  How will you do that?