Bachelorette party location help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chels51. Show chels51's posts

Bachelorette party location help

Hey all,
    So I'm trying to narrow down where to go for my bachelorette party.  My bridesmaids are letting me pick the location/town and they'll take it from there.  I told them a lot of different places that I thought would be fun, but I think that just confused them.  So now I'm to decide and I'm horrible at making decisions. 
    Basically I've narrowed it down to Providence RI, Newport RI, Ogunquit ME, Portsmouth, NH, or the Cape.  (I think the Cape is my last choice because another friend of mine is having her bach there within a month of mine)
    My idea was to originally rent a house sort of near a beach and go to the beach during the day and go into town to some bars at night, but it seems you can't really rent vacation houses for a weekend...they're all week rentals especially in the summer months.  A hotel would be fine, but in Newport they all have 2 or 3 night minimum stays. 
    Has anyone been to any of these places for the bachelorette and if so where did you stay and what did you do?  Any help is appreciated.  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zobeane. Show zobeane's posts

Re: Bachelorette party location help

I went to a bach party in portsmouth and that was fun!  of course, all parties are only as fun as the people involved!  I would recommend that, but I'm not sure about the minimum stays for the hotels.  I only went for one night, but others went for 2 nights and had a relaxing night in the hot tub and out to dinner before the big party night. 
    Newport is always a great time... I would probably either try to rent a house for the weekend or stay for a couple nights in a hotel if you choose Newport.  You have to spend one day at the Atlantic Beach Club enjoying the music and drinks in the sun! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Bachelorette party location help

I had a very bad experience in Portsmouth after a wedding last summer.  The wedding was over at 9:00 so we hit the bars.  Once they figured out that we had come from a wedding, most of the bars cut us off or kicked us out.  I *promise* you we were not all drunk.  One guy was, but he went home after the first bar wouldn't let him in.  (Thank goodness!)  It was the most bizarre night ever!  I am not a big drinker and have certainly never been kicked out of a bar before that.

A girlfriend also planned a bachelorette for Portsmouth when she was MOH.  They started off at the Brewery for dinner where they were told they could have one drink each.  Once again - BIZARRE!

I went to a bachelorette party down the Cape where we rented a house for the weekend in May (and going to another this June).  It is definitely possible to get a house for only a weekend, but I am not sure if the same applies to Newport, etc.