Bags for Out of Town welcome bags

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Bags for Out of Town welcome bags

So, I was thinking of getting cute re-usable shopping bags to use as our welcome bags, but we aren't putting very much stuff in them (a couple bottles of water, a few snacks, tylenol, tums & a welcome letter).  I'm afraid that they will seem very empty.  So now I'm trying to think of other types of bags/containers to use.
    Any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: Bags for Out of Town welcome bags

tibird,
    I would love to get one of those - great idea. So what if they seem empty?

[QUOTE]So, I was thinking of getting cute re-usable shopping bags to use as our welcome bags, but we aren't putting very much stuff in them (a couple bottles of water, a few snacks, tylenol, tums & a welcome letter).  I'm afraid that they will seem very empty.  So now I'm trying to think of other types of bags/containers to use. Any ideas?
    Posted by tibird[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

[QUOTE]tibird, I would love to get one of those - great idea. So what if they seem empty?
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Thanks Pingo!  Actually, I was at Target over the weekend & they had small Earth day totes in the $1 section.  They are perfect for just a few goodies & still a practical size for re-use. Score! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanHassle. Show VanHassle's posts

Whole Foods has the smaller reusable bags that would probably be the perfect size for you.  THose are like $.85 each.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Huh, I had no idea!  I'll have to check them out.  Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

You are awesome for using re-usable bags!  I was actually thinking of using them as the "giftbags" to put my bridesmaids' presents in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Thanks Fra, I like that idea too! 

Carribean - it is a great idea to give local info, but we are getting married in Brockton.  Guests are coming in on Saturday for a Sunday wedding & Boston is a little far to go, so we are including directions to the closest pharmacy & Wal-Mart (I always forget things when travelling) & a brochure for the nearby bowling alley so they can meet us there for dinner/music (live band in the restaurant that night) & bowling if they are interested.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

yeah, Whole Foods has the little reusable bags they make for produce, but they're handy for when I'm only getting one or two things.

Another great thing- you can take old t-shirts and that "iron a seam" tape or fabric glue and make little tote bags yourself! Cut out the collar, cut it in half and use it for the handles, then cut straight across the chest under the sleeves.
    Use the tape or glue to hem the top edge and attach the handles. Then use the tape or glue to close up the bottom.

Here's a link on another way to make t-shirt tote bag.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/T-shirt-tote-bag/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Pink - that is awesome!!  I've always wished I could be crafty/creative like that.  Thank for sharing :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

that's the beauty of "iron-a-seam", no skills required. Just fabric and an ironing board. :)
    I use it all the time to fix fallen hems on my work trousers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Wow pinkie!
    That is really awesome. With two boys and about 100+ discarded T-Shirts --- that's what I will do - make useful bags out of some of them. I have always given them to the Veterans, but some of them I am kind of embarrassed to give away.
    Why did I never think of that?
    I used some of the t-shirts to make a quilt for both my boys. They both loved them. Cut 1 x 1 foot squares of their favorite ones (using the printed part). Stitched them together, batted them and placed a neutral backing on them. My 5 years married son still uses his as a bedspread. I don't want to know how he talked his wife into this. She is definitely an angel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Love the idea of using reusable bags & upcycled bags!
    Definitely up my alley.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Can anyone recommend a company or a place to get out of town bags? I'm thinking maybe the Christmas Tree Shop has bags. I've seen cute personalized bags I've received at weddings and i'm searching the web but coming up empty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

how much are you looking to spend? Christmas tree is a good place to go to get them cheap. I'd also try Target and The Container Store.

[QUOTE]Can anyone recommend a company or a place to get out of town bags? I'm thinking maybe the Christmas Tree Shop has bags. I've seen cute personalized bags I've received at weddings and i'm searching the web but coming up empty.
    Posted by octbride09[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyclechic06. Show Cyclechic06's posts

we ordered ours from the oriental trading company

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I <3 Oriental Trading Company! I got my favors from there and couldn't have been happier with them.

[QUOTE]we ordered ours from the oriental trading company
    Posted by Cyclechic06[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diana6628. Show Diana6628's posts

The knot, Jean M, Oriental Trading Get married all have links for ordering personalized bags.  I believe you can even go to Costco.com and Office depot to get these printed as well.

QUOTE]Can anyone recommend a company or a place to get out of town bags? I'm thinking maybe the Christmas Tree Shop has bags. I've seen cute personalized bags I've received at weddings and i'm searching the web but coming up empty.
    Posted by octbride09[/QUOTE]