Bouquets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Bouquets?

What is the average cost of the bouquets?  I am planning on getting the bouquets for all my bridesmaids, boutonnières for the groomsmen and dads, and corsages for the mothers.  After all this thinking, what is the average cost of the bouquets? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Bouquets?

Goodness, I've heard about $100-$150 for bridal, and about anywhere from $65-$100 for BM's, depending on what kind of flowers you use.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Oh god, I was afraid of that!  I have 7 bridesmaids!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Bouquets?:
    Oh god, I was afraid of that!  I have 7 bridesmaids!!
    Posted by Goodness1

What is your color theme? If you have 7 BM's, you could always have them just carry small bouquets of roses, such as 6, 8, 10, or 12 roses, which may keep the cost down, like this....

I think this is SO pretty. Simple, but elegant! :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I am paying $140 for mine and $65 for the BMs.  I have 4-5 different types of flowers in each, so I wonder if using just one flower will cut the cost.  I think that calla lillies look beautiful all by themselves!   Also, choosing flowers that are in season brings the cost down, so you might want to consider what is available when you are getting married. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Also Goodness, gerbera daisies are inexpensive flowers, but very pretty and come in a rainbow of colors!!

Can you tell I LOVE pictures!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I think those ballparks are about right.  I honestly can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but I think it was ~$75 for bridesmaids and ~$150 for mine.  

And yeah, I had 7 bridesmaids too!

They came out perfectly though (just as I had imagined), and they are in a TON of pictures, so make sure that you are happy with whatever you choose.

edited to add: we included a bunch of different types of blooms amongst which were many that were clearly not in season in new england (orchids, hydrangeas in may)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

I'm paying, if I recall correctly, around $75 for mine and about $45 for my maids. I asked for seasonal flowers (I didn't specify what kind, I just talked about what I like and don't like), in a color range, and a general shape preference.

I think one can basically pay whatever price point one chooses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I'm pretty sure if you say "I want bouquets in "red, orange, and yellow, and keep it at this price range"...any florist can do that. I would hope.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I'm pretty sure if you say "I want bouquets in "red, orange, and yellow, and keep it at this price range"...any florist can do that. I would hope.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

I'm sure they can.  Mine just told me "show me a picture of what you want, and I'll do it in your price range."  She was really confident, which made me happy!

I found a picture of a bouquet that I love (peonies) in the colors that I want, so I think I'll just tell her to get as close to that look as she can using in-season flowers.  I'm not a big flower person, so as long as it's not hideous, I'm not picky.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mine is my avatar, all cream roses.  I think it was about $100.  My MOH's was smaller with red roses mixed in with the cream, and it was about $75.

ETA:  We spent about $700 on flowers, and we didn't get ANY for the reception (grew our own mini pumpkins for that).  The two bouquets, the unity candle set and floral wreath, and the honored guests' and men's in wedding bouts came to that much.  Three sets of parents, groom, pastor (brother), one grandmother.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Posted by Sept2010Bride

I'd think so, too.  Roses come in all of those colors, and I don't think they are the most expensive flowers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Bouquets? : I'm sure they can.  Mine just told me "show me a picture of what you want, and I'll do it in your price range."  She was really confident, which made me happy! I found a picture of a bouquet that I love (peonies) in the colors that I want, so I think I'll just tell her to get as close to that look as she can using in-season flowers.  I'm not a big flower person, so as long as it's not hideous, I'm not picky.
    Posted by kmt09

Lol, Kmt...we are total opposite...flowers are the most important to me. My poor florist will probably think I am a Zilla, and I'm totally not Embarassed

It's just that I am obsessed with flowers, and I want my bouquet to be stunning! But I am willing to bank it if I have to. I am paying for my flowers out of my own pocket. I have to, because I am so picky!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Thank you everyone for responding and giving me such good ideas.  The flower guy we are going through is a family friend, and he said, "I will give you a good deal", but who knows what that means, right?  HA!  I wanted all calla lillies for my bm's, but if that's going to raise the cost, then we might just change that.  I want all roses for mine.  Maybe we'll do all roses for me and the bm's and gm's.  We'll see. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

In Response to Re: Bouquets? : Lol, Kmt...we are total opposite...flowers are the most important to me. My poor florist will probably think I am a Zilla, and I'm totally not It's just that I am obsessed with flowers, and I want my bouquet to be stunning! But I am willing to bank it if I have to. I am paying for my flowers out of my own pocket. I have to, because I am so picky!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

I think flowers are beautiful, I've just never really been a big flower person like you are.  I never have them in my house because I am incapable of taking care of them properly and they die.  I actually killed a poinsettia at work last Christmas.

During our first meeting with the florist, I had NO idea what I was doing or what I wanted.  She's ask me questions and I'd just stare at her.  At one point she just looked at me and said "wow...you're very confused."  LOL!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: Bouquets? : What is your color theme? If you have 7 BM's, you could always have them just carry small bouquets of roses, such as 6, 8, 10, or 12 roses, which may keep the cost down, like this.... I think this is SO pretty. Simple, but elegant! :)
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Those are absolutely beautiful!  I'm SUCH a flower person, and I especially LOVE, LOVE, LOVE roses. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

haha, yes I love them. This is one of the pictures I am going to show to my florist for my BM bouquets.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I think flowers are beautiful, I've just never really been a big flower person like you are.  I never have them in my house because I am incapable of taking care of them properly and they die.  I actually killed a poinsettia at work last Christmas. During our first meeting with the florist, I had NO idea what I was doing or what I wanted.  She's ask me questions and I'd just stare at her.  At one point she just looked at me and said "wow...you're very confused."  LOL!
    Posted by kmt09

Lol Kmt, that's ok!! Everyone has their own things that are most important to them at a wedding! What's yours?

Like I could honestly care less about linens...an ivory table cloth is fine. But I had a friend who FREAKED out when she found out that her venue only carried ivory and paid extra money to have colored table clothes from another source come in, and to me, that is silly....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

The part of the flowers that I don't really care about, are the ones at the church.  As long as they're white, I'll be happy.  And quite honestly, I can do without a ton of flowers at the church. That'll keep costs down, as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I'm not even having flowers in my church. It keeps costs down, and the church that I am getting married in requires that we take them immediatley after the ceremony, we can't even donate them, so what am I supposed to do with them afterwards?? Plus, our ceremony will only be 20-25 minutes long, so I decided to skip the church flowers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

This is the church I am getting married in...it is HUGE...I don't think it really needs flowers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Maybe I should do that, too.  I keep telling my mother we should do that, but she's insisting we put flowers.  I don't even want them there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I didn't have flowers at the church either.  We had pew bows, but that was about it.  Didn't miss them either...I'll post a picture when I get home.

Sept - beautiful church! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

In Response to Re: Bouquets? : Lol Kmt, that's ok!! Everyone has their own things that are most important to them at a wedding! What's yours? Posted by Sept2010Bride

It's funny, I had very few things that I really cared about; I looked to my mom and my MIL to make a lot of the decisions (linens, flowers, set-up of the room, formal photos, cake, even makeup).  Honestly, if I could have had someone else plan my wedding entirely and I just had to show up, I'd freaking love it! 

For me, the dress was the most important thing.  I wanted to find a dress that I was truly in love with, and I did.  I set a budget before I went out shopping, and I ended up going over...doubled it.  Yeah.  Embarassed

And next to the dress, the music was important to me.  I'm really into music, so I wanted very specific, very different things played during dinner and for dancing.  I also thought for MONTHS about our dance and entrance songs, because I wanted to be sure that they were perfect for us.

FI cared about the food, and that was it.  That's pretty much all he cares about in general.  LOL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Liz, that church is gorgeous!  Our entire church is about the size of that altar, I think.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts