Bridal Jewelry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Bridal Jewelry

Hello Ladies!
    Long time, no post!  I'm starting to look at jewelry to wear on that special day.  As a lover of the ocean, and since we're pretty much getting married next to it, I'm incorporating a lot of ocean themes into the reception.  That being said, I'd like to wear sea glass jewelry.  I'm not sure of what to pick though, I'm going to wear my hair in a low, bun-type style.  My gown has both a front and back V.  Should I go with dangly earrings and no necklace, or a necklace with pearl studs?  These are some of the ideas I like:

Earrings:
    http://www.simpleseaglass.com/white-tear-drop-open-back-sea-glass-earrings.html

http://www.simpleseaglass.com/cobalt-blue-triangle-open-back-sea-glass-earrings.html

http://www.westcoastseaglass.net/Cones.html

Necklaces:
    http://www.jewelrybydaniellerenee.com/detail?item_id=9200&category_id=51

http://www.katiecarrin.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=478

http://www.katiecarrin.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=483

THANKS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Bridal Jewelry

I love the first earrings and the second necklace. I might get that necklace for myself!!!

ETA: nevermind, it is $185!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Those are all beautiful, but I really like the white necklace.

I had a V front dress and didn't wear a necklace, but only because my dress was a halter top, but I think it would look really nice with your dress.  I think you should go with dangle earrings since your hair will be up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

If i had to choose, I'd go with the first set of earrings and the first necklace. I love the airy feeling of the white sea glass earrings, and I think they'd pair beautifully with the bigger tiffany blue necklace and balance it out.
    I think that pop of tiffany blue on your neck will compliment your classic white lace dress in a really exquisite way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

So Pink, you think I should do both dangly earrings and a necklace?

I guess that's what I'm really torn about.  I don't want to be overwhelmed by my jewelry. 

The first earrings are very me, something I could wear again.  But the necklaces are so beautiful!  The colors for the reception are navy blue and white and I'll probably use magenta accents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Teeny, I love those colors! Very "beach-y".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I  think because your dress is so classic that it wouldn't be overwhelmed by accessories. just try to balance the scale.
    the earrings are also so simple that they'll balance out a big colorful necklace. if the earrings were say, chandeliers, it would be too much. but such a simple dangle will look really nice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Personally, I love the first earrings with your dress and I'm with pink on pairing them with the blue necklace...It wouldn't be too much to have both.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

You're all so helpful, thanks!  My sister likes them all too, but she said that the open back earrings are a pain because they always slip out.  I always wear rubber backs on my danglies, so I'm not too worried about that.  Everyone seems to love the blue necklace though!  If I'm going to buy, I better hurry before someone beats me to it!
    =)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Love the first earrings the best, definitely.

Like the first necklace the best, though they look very large to me and I feel like they might draw all eyes to your neck rather than them focusing on your beautiful face.  I might try to look for a smaller, more simple necklace. 

Love the blue color of the first one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I agree with the Pink Ladies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I vote for the first earrings and first necklace. I think they'd work together because the earrings are very ethereal and they're different colors, so you're not overwhelmed with blue. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

With a dress that elegant, I think larger earrings and a bare neck (hair up) would look most stylish.

How about something like the bottom pair on this page that combine sea glass and pearls?

http://bluelobstercottage.com/nautical_jewelry/earrings.html

Or pearls like these?
    http://www.wildlifewonders.com/dollar4743.html

Ooh, or these!
    http://www.amysbridalaccessories.com/e_seaside_bridal_earrings.shtml

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think a V neck dress can support dangle earrings and a necklace quite nicely.  I agree with Pinkkittie on the choices.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I agree that you can totally wear both earrings and a necklace if that appeals to you.  Maybe try to purchase from a place that allows returns? 
    I bought 5 pairs of earrings and ultimately returned 3.  (One pair was *the* pair and the other was too much for the wedding, but I knew I'd wear them eventually.)

Would anyone like to hijack and share photos of your wedding jewelry?  I would because I loved my necklace!!  And I am bored!

Cuz, you know, no one will ever know it's me if I cover my smile :o)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Oh, my gosh, Framerican, I love your dress!  

Sorry to hijack, but I've been looking for one with either a nice boatneck or little cap sleeves.  Yours is gorgeous.  Would you mind telling me about it?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Wow, Framerican, GORGEOUS!

Trex, I never really considered how big the necklaces may be, that's a great point!  I don't want anything huge, so I'll have to look into that more!

Thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thank you both!
    Sorry to hijack teeny, but it was a Friday at 5:30 and I was still at work :o)

Rirlo - mine was a Mori Lee that I got at the Filene's Basement Running of the Brides, but you can find Mori Lee elsewhere.  I believe the line was "Mori Lee by Madeleine Gardener" or something along those lines. 
    Have you been shopping already?  Maybe if you tell the salesperson to bring you anything with sleeves, you will find something you like!  Or you might even be able to add cap sleeves to a strapless if you find one you love.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

No worries, as questions come up, you have to ask to get an answer!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, I'll participate in the hijack. :)  I had a scalloped, lacey topped gown so no necklace, but here are the earrings, my wedding gift from DH.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thanks so much, Framerican! 

I went up to Madeleine's Daughter and David's with my mom a couple weeks ago.  I did just as you suggested, and I did fall in love with one strapless gown I could envision with little cap sleeves of lace.  The saleslady put a bolero on me so as to help me imagine the look.  It was great!  The price is within my budget, but I'd like to look a little more, just in case.  I have an appointment at Vows tomorrow and am going to an event this weekend.  I'd love to come in under budget, rather than at the high end! 

I found that it was easy to pull the strapless dresses tight and get a good idea of how the right size will fit.  The dresses with little sleeves are more difficult in that sense.    I'm going to try on some more, though.  Yours really struck me.  Thanks so much for posting more info.