Bridal party gifts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Bridal party gifts?

The parent gifts post got me thinking.  I know it's been discussed before, but since we have some new posters:  what did you do/are you doing for bridal party gifts?

As of now, I think MOH is getting a Coach bag (the only adult member of my bridal party, so I can spend a bit more on her).  I also have a 10-year-old junior bridesmaid and a 2-year-old flower girl, but I haven't quite figured out what to get for them yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Bridal party gifts?

[QUOTE]The parent gifts post got me thinking.  I know it's been discussed before, but since we have some new posters:  what did you do/are you doing for bridal party gifts? As of now, I think MOH is getting a Coach bag (the only adult member of my bridal party, so I can spend a bit more on her).  I also have a 10-year-old junior bridesmaid and a 2-year-old flower girl, but I haven't quite figured out what to get for them yet.
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

I was in a similar situation with only one adult in my bridal party so I could spend more on her (probably same amount as on a Coach...nice gift!!).  I got her a freshwater pearl necklace, bracelet, and earrings from www.bluenile.com to wear at the wedding, but that she could definitely wear forever.  (By the way, I told her early on that she'd be getting jewelry so she wouldn't buy any to wear for the wedding.)  Not a very original idea, jewelry for the wedding, but she loved them, and I was particularly happy with the quality for the money at Blue Nile.

P.S.  Last Christmas when I was tasked with buying all the family's Christmas gifts, I found the Paper Store to be an unlikely favorite spot for finding gifts for people hard to buy for of all ages.  I thought it was just stationary, but it isn't.  I bet you could find something great for your kids there.  The 10 year old might like a pretty journal; her first entry could be about participating in your wedding.  They also carry Vera Bradley bags, some discounted for being discontinued, too, so you could inexpensively continue the purse theme.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyclechic06. Show Cyclechic06's posts

My wedding party consists of four couples, all siblings and their spouses for both sides.  We're giving one gift to each couple, they're all getting custom designed hand made glass vases.  A friend of my fiances family is a glass blower and is making them for us.  I'm also having jewerly made for the girls in the wedding party and paying for their hair and make-up. 

It's a lot, but they're all putting out so much for this wedding, almost all are from out of town and have to pay for flights and hotels and the dresses and shoes and bridal showers.  It's the least I could do for them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]My wedding party consists of four couples, all siblings and their spouses for both sides.  We're giving one gift to each couple, they're all getting custom designed hand made glass vases.  A friend of my fiances family is a glass blower and is making them for us.  I'm also having jewerly made for the girls in the wedding party and paying for their hair and make-up.  It's a lot, but they're all putting out so much for this wedding, almost all are from out of town and have to pay for flights and hotels and the dresses and shoes and bridal showers.  It's the least I could do for them.
    Posted by Cyclechic06[/QUOTE]

Wow, cycle, how very thoughtful!  They will be so appreciative, I'm sure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

ladies are getting freshwater pearls (necklace, earrings)
    guys are getting sterling silver monogrammed cufflinks

...i hope they like them :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I didn't have much money to spend on gifts for my bridesmaids, unfortunately. I got them all necklaces to wear that day, and a nice card thanking them for being there for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't have much money to spend on gifts for my bridesmaids, unfortunately. I got them all necklaces to wear that day, and a nice card thanking them for being there for me.
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

That's lovely - you don't need to be extravagant to show how much you appreciate them being in your party and sharing your life so closely.  When you're a good friend like I know you are, that's a gift right there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

aw, thanks Kar. I know I made it up to them by not having them throw me a bachelorette party and my mom insisted my MOH let her pay for my shower, although she did let her do all the planning. I also didn't make them pay for hair and make-up, since I wasn't paying for mine. Only one of my girls decided to go to a salon and get hers done.
    I knew none of us had a lot of money to spend, so I did my best to save them $ too.

[QUOTE]That's lovely - you don't need to be extravagant to show how much you appreciate them being in your party and sharing your life so closely.  When you're a good friend like I know you are, that's a gift right there.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]aw, thanks Kar. I know I made it up to them by not having them throw me a bachelorette party and my mom insisted my MOH let her pay for my shower, although she did let her do all the planning. I also didn't make them pay for hair and make-up, since I wasn't paying for mine. Only one of my girls decided to go to a salon and get hers done. I knew none of us had a lot of money to spend, so I did my best to save them $ too.
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

Those are all nice things, but you didn't have to "make it up to them."  They love you!!  {{{{Pinkie}}}}  (Is that still a hug in cyberspace?  I haven't seen it for awhile...)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

it sure is {{{Kar}}} right back at you!

[QUOTE]Those are all nice things, but you didn't have to "make it up to them."  They love you!!  {{{{Pinkie}}}}  (Is that still a hug in cyberspace?  I haven't seen it for awhile...)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pink - hugs rule!  Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

hi all,

I got the girls coach clutches and handmade jewelry to wear at the wedding from an artist on etsy.com (which i heard about on the BDC boards and am so thankful for!).  We're also splurging to get a weekend away for my maid of honor and her husband (she refuses to be called "matron") because they have 2 kids and never get away, and I know she's shelled out a lot of money planning various things for me.

My FI got Red Sox tickets for his groomsmen, so they'll have a night out together.

Aside from the weekend away, it was all very reasonable (again, thank goodness for Etsy!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Same here Heather!  Basically.  I got the the three BMs Coach wristlets, but not the really little ones.  Then I got my MOH/bff a Coach satin-y purse that was about the same cost and I got my MOH/sister a wristlet and a wallet because I know she is always looking for a wallet!  I also got them a necklace & earrings set from etsy.  Originally, I didn't want to make them wear matching jewelry, but I had such a hard time finding a different present for each woman.
    Necklace & Earrings

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I got mine Herve Chapelier totes, which actually just arrived yesterday :-)  I also got them Vera Bradley hanging travel bags.  I know some people hate Vera, but my friends are into it, plus they're bags that will go in another bag. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

I got my girls beach bags with their initials.. not very original. .but I know they will use them! Coach wristlets(I guess very popular), and my matron of honor(my sis)... i got her earrings also..
    I think Im going to pay for their hair also to get done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Brighton - I love those Vera hanging travel bags!!!!  I always borrow my mother's when we go away, which I gave her as a gift at some point.  I think I will buy my own for the honeymoon.

Actually that is basically what we got for the groomsmen, except they're Victorinox (Swiss Army) and smaller than the ones intended for women.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I have been struggling with this as well and can't come up with a "perfect" gift, but I know I want it to be something that they can use and something that represents me in some sort of way. 
    I have come up with a theme which I hope will help.  Since we are getting married in october when things start to cool down, I wanted to give them cozy things like heat packs (my fav), blankets, slippers, robes, tea pots...something along those lines.  And hopefully something more individual.
    Also paying for hair and makeup.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Boston, I'm all warm and cozy just reading your gift ideas!  Those microwavable heat packs and pillows are really popular now...they're really cute and they work great.  If you wanted to you could also include a mug, and maybe the girls' favorite tea/coffee/hot chocolate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bostonslp, check out these microwavable/freezable teddy bears. They are filled with flax seeds and essential aroma therapy oils:

Sooth-Eze Teddy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

[QUOTE]Bostonslp, check out these microwavable/freezable teddy bears. They are filled with flax seeds and essential aroma therapy oils: Sooth-Eze Teddy

thanks! what a cute idea - i really like the turtle and the pig too :)  i wish there were more animals to choose from.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]I got mine Herve Chapelier totes, which actually just arrived yesterday :-)  I also got them Vera Bradley hanging travel bags.  I know some people hate Vera, but my friends are into it, plus they're bags that will go in another bag. 
    Posted by Brighton1[/QUOTE]

Totally bought myself a Vera Bradley hanging travel bag last night!  So what if I was supposed to be looking for a guest book...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

I'm paying for my girls hair and makeup...but just as a little something extra I bought the Pearls of Friendship Necklace from Dogeared.com. Really cute stuff at affordable prices.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Okay, I have left it alone for a bit, but I am still struggling with gift ideas for the parents.  Anyone out there have any good ideas?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I am getting my parents parent albums..   but another thought was tickets to a show of some sort and or/ restaurant gift cert.  My parents like coming into the city, so this would give them a reason.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I have no idea what I will get my girls yet, but I am going to get my 4 yr old niece (she will be 5 when I get married) an American Girl Doll. She is my flower girl. She will LOVE IT!