Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?

I know we have some current brides on here, as opposed to us lingerers, but I can't seem to remember when anyone is getting married! 

Feel free to share even if it has passed.  Mine was 5/23/09.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?

Mine was July 31, 2009....almost a year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

My wedding date is August 20th, 2011 :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Mine was July 31, 2009....almost a year!
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

Mine too!  It flew by, didn't it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

7/11/09, almost 1 year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

9/23/06.  I can't believe it! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

6/14/09 - just celebrated a year!  DH took me back to Willowdale for an overnight in the bridal suite (luckily it was a monday night and not otherwise occupied).  Such a  nice surprise!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

5/19/2007

poppy- what a sweet surprise!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

8/21/2010

Less than 2 months away... yikes!!!  I'm so not ready!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

1/05/01...10 years this coming January!  time has flown...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

Mine is on ummmm....lol...12/31/10....It's 6months exactly from today!! Yikes...as the panic sets in!

Laryan - Congrats!  Ten years is a great milestone. 
    I met a client yesterday that had been married for 65 years! Crazy!

What's the best piece of advice from the married ladies for us brides to be about the big day??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?:
    Mine too!  It flew by, didn't it?
    Posted by PugsandKisses

Seriously! Do you have any plans for your anniversary? I'm trying to think of a day trip we could do. 

It poured last year; I think it rained for about 20 hours that day. We were supposed to get married outside, but I woke up at 11 am (that's why evening weddings are great!) and looked outside and said, "Hmm..." The venue coordinator came into our suite (we got ready at the venue) about every 10 min with a weather update, and I think she was more worried about the weather than I was, lol. Did you plan on getting married inside or outside? It cleared up in time for pictures, so I was happy about that. 

Someone asked about advice to brides...The day goes by soooo fast; it feels like 5 minutes and then the day is over, so just savor everything and don't worry about any details. Other people want to help with logistics, so let go and let them, and just enjoy the moment. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Saturday!!!  (July 3)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kathanne. Show kathanne's posts

12-11-10 :)  Less than six months!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates? : Seriously! Do you have any plans for your anniversary?  Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

WPP, 7/31 was our last-minute wedding ceremony that we threw together when we found out that my grandfather needed surgery before our big wedding date (8/8).  We chose 7/31 to be our legal wedding date, so that's the one we celebrate.  After that the big wedding was just a fun party, and totally stress-free!

I do remember that day, how it started out alright, and then it POURED!  We did the ceremony at our church at 7pm, so by then it cleared up.  Not that it would have mattered, since we were inside the whole time.  Mother Nature made it up to us on 8/8 because I think that was pretty much the most perfect day we had all summer.

We don't have any big plans for our anniversary yet.  We thought about staying in Boston for a night, but we may save that for the weekend of the St. Anthony's feast.  I imagine we'll just do a nice dinner on the 31st.  Nothing too crazy, since we just found out we've got a little one on the way...  Surprised

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

What's the best piece of advice from the married ladies for us brides to be about the big day??
    Posted by NYEBride2010

NYE, from my experience, the best piece of advice I can give you is to do the best you can not to stress over the little things.  I stressed over everything, and I didn't enjoy the planning as much because of it.  It's inevitable that some things won't go exactly as you planned, but when that day comes you won't even notice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

My FI and I have a November date!  (Not sure why, but I don't dare post the actual day.)  We are so incredibly excited! 

My wedding-related dreams began earlier this week.  I still need to find my dress, so I think that's causing a little anxiety! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

To those getting married this weekend- Congrats!! I hope you guys both have fabulous days.

Rirlo- I'm also a November bride...well two years ago anyway :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

9/23/06.  I can't believe it! 
    Posted by cosmogirl

Cos - have I really been reading the wedding message boards for 4 years?!  Geeeez! 

(My date was September 2009!)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Good luck and congrats to this weekend's brides!!  As stressful as the planning was at times, I would love to be able to relive that day.  Best day of my life so far!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm getting married on 2/12/11. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates? : Cos - have I really been reading the wedding message boards for 4 years?!  Geeeez!  (My date was September 2009!)
    Posted by LilSprout

I know!!  We got engaged in July 06 and I've been here since before that.  Kind of sad, but hey if my coworkers can read ESPN.com and people.com, I can do this!

Hmmm... advice... Make sure you enjoy yourself!  Our reception went until 11:00.  Around 9:30 I thought to myself, I am grabbing family members for some group photos and that is IT.  After that I danced for the rest of the night and had a blast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm so glad to see that we DO have a bunch of brides-to-be on here!

Peonie, Sept 2011 seems so far away!  But let me tell you, having a long engagement worked out SO well for us.  People were always making comments, but if you ever need me to enumerate the benefits, I would be glad to!  Although I guess it really isn't that long for you, huh?  A year and a half or so?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Good luck and congrats to this weekend's brides!!  As stressful as the planning was at times, I would love to be able to relive that day.  Best day of my life so far!
    Posted by poppy609

Thanks, all!  And Poppy, I think I needed to read this today -- I've been totally relaxed the whole time so far and for the first time, I woke up completely nervous this morning!  

Congrats, Summer2010!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I'm so glad to see that we DO have a bunch of brides-to-be on here! Peonie, Sept 2011 seems so far away!  But let me tell you, having a long engagement worked out SO well for us.  People were always making comments, but if you ever need me to enumerate the benefits, I would be glad to!  Although I guess it really isn't that long for you, huh?  A year and a half or so?
    Posted by framerican51008

It is actually August ;) But yes it seems far away, but I know it will FLY by....and it gives me plenty of time to relax. We will have a 1.5 year engagement.

Congrats to Spinning and Summer this weekend! :) The weather is going to be PERFECT!