Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates?:
    Nothing too crazy, since we just found out we've got a little one on the way... 
    Posted by PugsandKisses

Congratulations, Pugs.

I'm getting married 6-9 months after the Defense of Marriage Act is repealed or overturned by the Supreme Court, if they get in gear and do it within the next 3-5 years.  If it's later than that, I may sprint to the courthouse the next day.

See?  None of you knew that I actually have a plan.  Cool

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates? : It is actually August ;) But yes it seems far away, but I know it will FLY by....and it gives me plenty of time to relax. We will have a 1.5 year engagement. Congrats to Spinning and Summer this weekend! :) The weather is going to be PERFECT!
    Posted by Peonie

Thanks, and thank goodness -- mine's outside!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

summer & spinning- good luck & best wishes!
    Take a moment to stand with your new DH and take it all in, it goes by so fast. My wedding was a total blur, but I remember the moments I had, standing with friends or DH or family to just say "Wow, this is my wedding, and it's great! I'm so thankful for everything I have in my life."

I echo what Pugs said, don't sweat the small stuff. Don't try to make everything perfect, because nothing is perfect. And just remember that guests don't really notice the small things, and they're not expecting everything to be perfect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

9/26/10 (it used to seem so far away - eek)

And I hope Spinningwheel and Summer have wonderful weekends and beautiful weddings!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

5/27/06

Good luck and congrats to all the brides to be!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

And just remember that guests don't really notice the small things, and they're not expecting everything to be perfect.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

True.  And the guests who will notice, and who will expect everything to be perfect are the sort of people you'll never make happy, so it's not worth killing yourself (or breaking the bank) trying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates? : True.  And the guests who will notice, and who will expect everything to be perfect are the sort of people you'll never make happy, so it's not worth killing yourself (or breaking the bank) trying.
    Posted by lucy7368

Precisely.
    And anyone who complains about anything at your wedding is giving you a beautiful gift: The perfect excuse not to deal with them anymore! Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, best to the 4th of July weekend brides!!!!

Ours was 11/9/2008.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates? : It is actually August ;) Posted by Peonie

Ha!  I always do that.  If someone writes 8/20 or 9/20, I have to think about it for a second... even though you actually wrote August!

Good luck to this weekend's brides!!  Hope everything is incredible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Woohoo, Northern! 

And I meant to give my best to this weekend's brides, too.  Enjoy!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

My wedding is just 6 weeks away - 8/14/10.  So excited!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I started posting in early 06, I think or late 05, but I lurked for awhile before that.

My best bits of advice to the brides to be are:   

If you find yourself getting stressed and unhappy with the planning, then something is wrong.  It should be relatively painless, at least, and hopefully fun.

Don't expect your FI to get too involved.  Don't push him to make napkin color choices.  He really doesn't care and will get annoyed. 

Don't sweat the small stuff because, really and truly, it doesn't matter and nobody cares.

Happy guests = fun wedding. 

If parents are paying or contributing, spend their money as if it was your own.  You don't have to spend every dollar they give you.

The smaller the wedding party, the happier the bride!

And finally, don't forget to try sitting down while you're getting fitted for your dress.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Yes, best wishes to the brides this weekend!  Hope you have great fireworks!  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

October 23rd, 2010!

112 days to go!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, Pugs! When are you due?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

In Response to Re: Brides-to-be -- What are your wedding dates? : NYE, from my experience, the best piece of advice I can give you is to do the best you can not to stress over the little things.  I stressed over everything, and I didn't enjoy the planning as much because of it.  It's inevitable that some things won't go exactly as you planned, but when that day comes you won't even notice.
    Posted by PugsandKisses

Thanks Pugs!  I've been pretty relaxed about everything from the beginning...I'm a very go with with flow person...with the exception of a few family members creating drama as always.  Just as it gets closer, I'm losing my appetite more (guess thats good for weight watching) but also just more anxious for it too come also. 

Also, Congrats on the little one on its way!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

20 years last week! 6/24/90

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MScGirl. Show MScGirl's posts

May 2011. Still need to nail down, um, everything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

May 2011. Still need to nail down, um, everything.
    Posted by MScGirl

Well, that's not true.  You've got your date and your groom.  I'd say you're doing fine.   Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Congrats, Pugs! When are you due?
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

Thanks WPP!  I'm due February 22nd.  Quite an anniversary gift, huh?  :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

cant wait to hear the reviews from the 2 weekend weddings - the weather could not have been better!!

the big day is 10-7-11.....it will be wedding number 6 for us over a 5 month period.
    2 in end may, 1 in july, 1 in august, 1 in sept - and ours (finally!) in october.
    2011 will be a VERY busy year...but all for the right reasons....:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Pugs beat me by 3 days - I'm due 2/25/11 :o)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Yay Fra & Pugs!!  I'm not on here much, so missed if there were posts about your good news already.
    CONGRATULATIONS!! 

Our wedding was 5-17-09.

To anyone out there planning, think about what makes weddings/parties fun for you.  Focus on those things.  Did the color of the flower on the table ever ruin your day?  Don't let it on your wedding day!
    And also, try to get a moment alone with your new hubby.  It'll be a crazy time, but take a minute to say hi & and that you love him!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Oh, Pugs and Fram, you can set up play dates! Fram, I didn't know you were pregnant, congrats!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Congrats Pugs and Fra, that's so exciting!!!

My wedding was wonderful.  I miss it already!!!  I now know what everyone means when they say it goes by SO FAST.  When I get some energy (and/or air conditioning), I'll post reviews, especially since we're not going on a honeymoon immediately....