Bridesmaid Gifts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Gifts:
    lucy, all the men in my family cook and wear aprons.  No one wants to get their clothes all flour or grease, not even a man unless he's at a BBQ or eating while reclining. ;)
    Posted by kargiver

I know.  For some reason, I just had this vision of Friar Girl wearing this frilly pink apron with ruffles, then pictured him wearing it.  Laughing  He and I actually have had conversations about aprons... I don't know if he would wear one.  Maybe if it said "Bacon" on it....

When I was in Venice, I found an apron that had a full-size picture of Michaelangelo's David on it.  I bought it for a friend who wears it all the time - although, I think, when he got married, his wife tried to throw it away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: Bridesmaid Gifts:
    (Think I'll skip the apron, though)
    Posted by lucy7368

why would you do that when you could get him this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, yeah, you'll be relieved to know that the men I know wear Williams Sonoma plain cotton ones.  Dad's is hunter green.  Very manly.

LOL about the David apron.  I love it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Now, that's hillarious!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Oh, no, DKB.  I really might.  Where did you find it?

(Kar, I really was thinking about going to William Sonoma until about 30 seconds ago)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

best. apron. ever. I think that's the one I'll buy and wear over a slip.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I was going to post the David apron, but then I realized that full frontal male nudity probably is frowned on by BDC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

my apron kind of looks like this, except the trim is plain black. the cowgirl pattern is almost identical. It looks like a skirt. I love it! I wish it was a skirt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

He would look fantastic in that. ;)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Lucy, I was an image I saw on google..not sure where to actually find it.

Pink, that apron is adorable!  I'd be afraid to get it dirty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Yeah, cookies, cookbooks... You can see we like to eat!

Lucy, you know me so well! The apron I was wearing at the time was actually a very plain chef's apron, but given the choice, I would always go pink frills. Maybe you can find a bacon fabric and have his apron made out of that! If you didn't go for the Chippendale one, which would be equally as awesome!

I'm glad this is of some use to you! CLC, great job finding the jewelry set on sale! Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

thanks, the pattern actually hides a lot of food snears, and it's cottn so it's easy to clean it.
    sometimes DH wears it when he's doing the dishes :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

lucy, I think I've found the fool-proof way for you to pop the question: http://bacontoday.com/bacon-marriage-proposal/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

PK, I love you.

Unfortunately, I won't be proposing.  He's old-fashioned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

awwww. he doesn't know what he's missing. bacon hearts and all. ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

CLC:  have you given the necklaces to your girls yet?  I'm thinking of getting them as well for my girls (they are on sale again!).  For $33 it is a great deal, they can wear them for the wedding if they want to, and I can still afford to get them a personal gift each!  Did you think the quality was good? 

Also, do they come in a gift box?  I bought my own pearls off overstock.com but they came in a bag, not a box.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

CLC--so glad I was able to help!  i'm sure your ladies will love the pearls.  :)

trex--I found them to be good quality, but you can hear clc weigh in.  They come in little Macy's jewelry boxes.  (I bought mine in store, but I don't see why it would be different online.)  I like the look of freshwater pearls better than the fake pearl beads that you see on a lot of other jewelry at that lower price point.  The pearls aren't huge, but I thought they were large enough.

Re: aprons & cookbooks--I love that idea!  All the ladies at my shower contributed family recipes to a cookbook that I now have, and it is really nice.  I don't know if you have found the aprons yet, but
    anthropologie has super cute aprons.

Or, you could probably order custom aprons on etsy with the ladies' names embroidered on them.  I bought one like that for my sister while I was on my honeymoon.  It was a cute white apron with yellow ruffled trip, and her name in yellow, and it said something like "a wonderful cook" but in Italian...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Ok, well, I made a Tastebook with 42 bacon-related recipes.  I then found an apron that says "everything is better with bacon" (with a picture), and a card that says "You're the bacon on my cheeseburger."  Cool

So, I'm all set.  Thank you to all of you for the ideas and your input.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

OMG Lucy! That's fantastic!

Jas, I love those aprons!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Jasmine:  thanks for the advice on the pearls!  Went to check them out last night and found a gorgeous set that after the *awesome* sale was $20 each!!  They are very nice quality, great for the girls and leaves me enough to still get each a nice personal gift.  Great tip!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

YAY!  I love the set jas suggested, too.  What a great price!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Sorry girls, I don't usually check in over the weekend, spending ALL week in front of the computer is enough for me! 

Trex, it seems that you already bought necklaces but just in case anyone else is interested...I do like the quality of the jewelry.  I would have liked the earrings to be a little bigger but that's a personal preference.  And they were shipped in jewelry boxes.  Also you can't beat the price!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Jasmine - thanks for the link, those aprons are so cute!

Pink - I love the bacon proposal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

jas- LOVE those aprons!!

Sections
Shortcuts