Bridesmaid gifts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Bridesmaid gifts

Hi ladies,

My wedding is about 3 months away now (eek!) so I'm starting to think about what to get my bridesmaids for gifts.  I already bought them all necklaces that I want them to wear for the wedding (a nice, totally rewearable, modern necklace - gray multi strand pearl).  However, I know that the jewelry doesn't really count since it's what I want them to wear, so it's really for me.  haha. 

So, what other cute ideas do people have for bridesmaid gifts?  I like the isea of personalized totes or cute purses etc., but don't know where to get nice ones. 

What did you girls all do???

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Bridesmaid gifts

Hi, twinklie - I'm generally more in favor of getting each woman a more personal gift instead of a one-size-fits-all.

I think a great rule of thumb is, what would you get <insert BM name here />  if it was a milestone birthday?  A rare book, some lovely wine glasses, a Coach wristlet, concert tickets, nice earrings? 

Whatever you come up with that reflects her personal self is great -- as long as it's not from Things Remembered and is not wedding related.  

More work than ordering tote bags from L.L. Bean, but definitely more thoughtful. 
    Hope this helps....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Yeah - something non-wedding related is good.  Lovely wine glasses are a fantastic gift, but how often will your friends use them if they're engraved with

Mr. and Mrs. Twinklie
    A Twinkling Love as Eternal as the Stars
    August 1, 2010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Twinklie!  Can you believe how fast our weddings are coming up?  It is scaring me!!

I agree with PK.  I think that matching tote bags are not really all that useful and I also don't think BM gifts need to be the same.  I'm planning to give my girls a gift card that is geared towards their interests (like for a fabric store for my friend who loves to sew, a wine store for my friend who loves wine, etc).  If I can think of an actual gift, I'll do that.  But I feel like that is a lot more special than a generic gift to all of them.

Fi will likely do the same for his guys (probably restaurant gift cards).  He was in a wedding recently and the groom gave everyone baseball bats with their names on them.  FI was like, what the heck do I do with this?  The groom is a big baseball fan, but FI (and some of the other GM) are not, so it was a totally useless gift for him.  I'd like to avoid that for our wedding!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

If you do like the purse idea, this is neat.  There is a store in Boston where you can either take your BM or go yourself and design your own purse!  That way it is at least unique for the BM.

http://www.1154lill.com/

PS.  Lucy: so true!  One wedding we went to gave out engraved glass votive holders as the favor.  Why would I want to display something in my house with someone else's name/wedding date on it?  Most people didn't even take them home!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I got my girls personalized cookbooks from Tastebook.com and designed aprons for them with their favorite colors and had their first initial embroidered on the pocket. Yes, they're all the same, but every one has a little flair about it that makes it hers.

We got the groomsmen shaving kits from The Body Shop. We need something else to go with them, but no clue what!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Actually, I think jewelry, even though it is "required" for the wedding, can nicely count as a gift if you want it to.  They'll wear it again and remember participating in your wedding fondly every time.  Sounds like a nice gift to me.

However, if you WANT to give them something else, too, by all means that's nice. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I know that for a wedding I am in soon, I am getting some jewelry that ALL of the bridesmaids are getting, it is all matchy matchy, and to be honest, I will never wear it again. So, it is a good idea to think of each BM and her personality.

If you go the jewelry route, it is ok if they don't all match, get them something you know they will love, and will wear again, and again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

what about music boxes?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

These are cute, and not too pricey....

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/33381?parentCategory=504173&feat=504173-tn&cat4=504161

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I agree with PK.  I think that matching tote bags are not really all that useful and I also don't think BM gifts need to be the same. 

OMG Trex, did you confuse me with PK?  I can't decide whether to laugh or cry! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I agree they all don't have to match.  I for one love bags of any type but other may not have a use at all.  I personally would not want a music box and am not a knick knack type person and consider that something you must dust.
    I would look at each girl and decide what they like.  Some might like PJ's and you get a really nice pair.  Some may like wine. 
    No need to keep giving examples just make it thoughtful and it will greatly appreciated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

In Response to Re: Bridesmaid gifts:
    I agree with PK.  I think that matching tote bags are not really all that useful and I also don't think BM gifts need to be the same.  OMG Trex, did you confuse me with PK?  I can't decide whether to laugh or cry! 
    Posted by cosmogirl

OOPS!!!  I totally did!  That's what I get for reading too fast... sorry, Cosmo!  :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I agree that it's nice to get something different for each bridesmaid, but sometimes that is tough!!  My friends/family and I don't tend to exchange gifts very often, so I had a tough time with it.

I got each of the girls the necklace and earrings that they wore.  I also went to the Coach outlet and got them each something different.  For the BM who has all kinds of designer stuff, I got her a wristlet in a fun color.  For the two who would never in a million years buy themselves something like that, I got the traditional Coach pattern because I thought they would like it.  I got my sister a wallet because she is always hunting for a new wallet and I got my other MOH a funky evening bag that only she would appreciate.  Even something semi generic can be tailored to each BM.