cards after the wedding--keepsake ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

cards after the wedding--keepsake ideas?

We got some really nice cards for our wedding, and I was wondering if any of you more creative ladies had ideas on how to keep them.  It seems wrong to throw them out and a little useless to keep them in a shoebox somewhere.  Did anyone scrapbook their cards?  Or any other ideas about how to keep them around?  I don't have much scrapbooking experience so any suggestions (on technique or supplies) would be welcome! Thanks! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: cards after the wedding--keepsake ideas?

I would buy a huge scrapbook from Michaels or some place like that, and then glue the back of the cards to the pages, so that way you can still open them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I'm going to put a few in my scrapbook (when I get around to making one), either because the card itself is pretty or because the message inside is touching.  The rest I will toss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I just bought a scrap book and glued them all in - the fist page was the newpaper engagement announcement, then came any engagement cards we received, then all the wedding cards.
    Nothing flash - it was literally, just gluing the cards on the back (so they can still be opened) and whacking them in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I wonder if I will have the patience to do this??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Most of my cards are just signed with no message, so I don't feel bad tossing them.  But the rest I will keep :o)  I always write a heartfelt message on wedding cards sheesh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You could make a collage.  Get a poster sized frame from Micheal's, and card stock to fit.  Use the front of really pretty ones (nothing too important inside) and the insides of the ones with personal notes you want to remember.  Glue them in an overlapping non-patterned fashion and stick it in the frame.  Decorate the frame if you like with whatever strikes your fancy in the craft shop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

ooh--cool idea kar!  I'll ask my husband.  He's such a sentimentalist though that I'm not sure he'll let me cut the cards.  hmmm...  Backup plan is the scrapbook! 
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

I put our Engagement cards in a scrapbook and there is plenty of space for the wedding cards right behind them. Coming from me though, I keep all cards and until recently I did not realize I am almost the only person in the world who does this. Now FI keeps cards too in a brown lunch bag because I was so bummed when I found out all through the years he had been throwing my cards away : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

haha GK--we have role reversal.  My fiance keeps every card everyone has ever given him, it seems.  I'm much less of a saver.  When he was writing his vows though, he went and found every card I ever gave him and re-read them, for inspiration.  It was the sweetest thing. :)