Chocolates wrapped in silver foil

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Chocolates wrapped in silver foil

Yes, I lured you all in with chocolate :)

So I am trying to re-create the place cards below, and although we love Ferrero Rocher chocolates, we do not have anything gold in the wedding.  The colors are a deep eggplant and gray/silver.  What other chocolates can you think of with silver foil so that we can use instead of the gold?

(-I'm aware that Ferrero makes Ferrero Garden which comes in a silver wrapper, but they are only sold in their Collections variety pack.  I can't find them sold individually.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: Chocolates wrapped in silver foil

Hershey's kisses?  York Peppermint Patties?

Tell you what:  Give me the big bag of chocolates, and I will happily tell everyone where to sit.  Sealed

ETA:  I will wear purple and silver.  Those are my favorite colors, anyway.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Hershey's Kiss?  Although they may not be big enough.
    Hershey's Nuggets?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'm pretty sure Dove comes in silver wrappers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Chocolates wrapped in silver foil:
    I'm pretty sure Dove comes in silver wrappers.
    Posted by ALF72

Isn't it silver wrappers with hearts on them?  Good for a wedding.

You can also personalize the inside of the wrappers, if you want:
    http://www.dovechocolate.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

What a fabulous idea!

ETA: Lucy, you are so GD funny....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

bulk candy places usually have lots to choose from. here are some silver foil stars I found.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I can picture something similar to the Ferrero Rocher that's navy blue with silver stars.  Anyone know what I'm thinking of???  I know navy isn't one of your colors, but at least it would go better than gold.  Cute idea by the way!

ETA: I'm definitely not thinking of Lindt's but thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Fra
    Do you mean Lindt's chocolate?  They have a dark blue and silver one and now I'm loving this idea even more. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Hershey Nuggets milk chocolate come in silver foil.  some places to try:  Godiva, Phillips Candy House, Hilliards Chocolates, or Furlong's...

I believe Phillips Candy House in Dorchester can Customize chocolates/wrappings to order...   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Here are some other silve options from an online bulk candy store.  I bet Yummies in Maine is a great source, too, but their online store is closed at the moment.  Can't even search until tomorrow (anticipated).  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lindt's dark chocolate truffles are wrapped in deep purple.  Mmm.

P.S.  Oops, it's dark blue.  That won't help....sorry.

ETA:  OK, I knew there was a deep purple one; it's their Amaretto flavor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Aren't the usual Lindt's wrapped in red?  Or am I thinking of something else?  Red would look better with purple and silver than gold does.  And be delicious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The red ones are milk chocolate.  Each flavor has its own color.  The Amaretto is the deep purple, and I don't remember ever seeing a silver one...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Wow...great ideas, ladies!

Lucy, you're too funny!  You'll just stand there with a mouth full of chocolates saying, "You sit here, You sit there"...lol

I wish hershey kisses came just a little bigger because I think they will be too small to hold up a place card.  Also, I looked into getting the little message to say "Just Married", but it was only available in 25lbs of kisses.  What would I do with 2000 kisses?!

Dove doesn't personalize anymore.  Bulk candy is an idea, but I can't find anything that I like.  Lindt only comes in round wrappers so I don't know how stable it would be to hold up a place card.  At least the Forrero has a little cup to stabilize it.

I may look into Phillips House and Hillilards.  They may be able to wrap a truffle for me.  Hopefully not for much!  I can always buy truffles and wrap them myself as well.

These Brazilian chocolates also come in silver foil once you take the pink wrapper off of them, so that is also an option
    http://www.mercadobrazil.com/catalog/sonho%20de%20valsa.JPG

If any more ideas come up, let me know!  Thanks so far :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

What would I do with 2000 kisses?!
    Posted by jdd01

So, so many ways I could answer that question.  Wink

That's weird that Dove won't personalize, because they advertise it on their websites.

Would Michael's have some sort of paper cups you could buy in bulk to stabilize the Lindts?  Or - I accidentally bought 100 foil mini cupcake wrappers a couple of weeks ago for about 99 cents.  I bet they would be the right size, and they're more stable than paper.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

You could use silver foil cupcake wrappers and fill them with purple M&M's and stick the Placecard in them. It's be like putting a fence post in a bucket of gravel, only edible ;)
    of course that would probably take a lot longer than the pic in the OP, but it'd be really cute!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

You could even personalize the M&Ms, if you really wanted.  Although I'd probably go with wedding bells, rather than trying to squeeze "JDD01 and Mr. Perfect, October 1, 2010."

I think you can also put a picture on them, but that strikes me as a bit odd.  I don't know if I'd want to eat it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

If you want to buy bulk truffles and wrap them yourself, this company online has great prices:

http://www.truffletrolley.com/favors.html

They also will make boxed favors with your colors/ribbon for liek $2 per box of 2.  That's a steal.  I think that is what we will do unless we decide to punt the favors altogether.

I need to order the sample box to see which flavors we like.  I can't wait to do that!  YUM!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

You could even personalize the M&Ms, if you really wanted.  Although I'd probably go with wedding bells, rather than trying to squeeze "JDD01 and Mr. Perfect, October 1, 2010." I think you can also put a picture on them, but that strikes me as a bit odd.  I don't know if I'd want to eat it.
    Posted by lucy7368

Lucy, personlized M&M's are so expensive. Huge rip-off, which stinks, cause it is such a cute idea.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Chocolates wrapped in silver foil : Lucy, personlized M&M's are so expensive. Huge rip-off, which stinks, cause it is such a cute idea.
    Posted by Peonie

I'm not surprised to hear that and, honestly, without having any idea what the price is, I would agree, but I try not to guess what other people will want to spend their money on.  If, say, my parents gave me money for the wedding, and I was determined to spend every penny, I might spend it on something like that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

You could buy the silver foil squares (a pack of 50...near the chocolate/candy making area) at Micheals, AC Moore or any other craft store and recover the chocolate of your choice.

You could also make your own chocolate if you wanted too!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I have a craving for chocolate now......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

Mmmm...chocolate!  Thanks for the help, ladies!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

The Baci chocolates are the ones that are wrapped in sliver foil with the navy blue stars...don't know if that would work for you...but such a cute idea, either way!

Sections
Shortcuts