Chocolates wrapped in silver foil

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Chocolates wrapped in silver foil

In Response to Re: Chocolates wrapped in silver foil:
    The Baci chocolates are the ones that are wrapped in sliver foil with the navy blue stars...don't know if that would work for you...but such a cute idea, either way!
    Posted by katel

Yesssssssssssss!  Thank you!  I knew I didn't make it up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

another idea...do you know of anyone who makes their own chocolate?  was at a wedding a few years back where the favors were chocolate lollipops...perhaps if they made the chocolate, wrapped it in clear wrapping and you can do a "placecard label" on each piece? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdd01. Show jdd01's posts

It's a possiblity.  I'm looking into all options, especially the more affordable ones.  We might just end up with regular tented place cards that match the programs and menus.

If it works with our budget, I'll wrap my own chocolate and have a nice little DIY night before the wedding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Better plan on doing it at least a few nights before the wedding.  I have made chocolates before and it can be pretty time consuming.  Don't wait till the last minute.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Good point, allready.
    JDD - you can always freeze them as you make them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

Becareful about freezing them...any moisture on hand made chocolates will destroy them.  Chocolates can be done weeks a head of time...just make sure sure bag them well and store in a seal tight plastic/metal container in the fridge.  If you have a empty college fridge even better that way you don't have to worried about the fridge smell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Does chocolate need to be frozen?  I had a bag of Cadbury mini-eggs hidden in a dresser drawer for two months, and they were just as delicious in May as in March.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Sounds like you know better than I do, tomarra!  I was just worried about melting, especially if she is making them during the summer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Actually the fridge is a risky idea, because it can cause the chocolate to "bloom", i.e. develop that grey/white cast to it.  It doesn't make it taste bad, but it doesn't look as pretty.  Best to store in a cool dark place of your home, but not in the fridge.  Freezing is better than the fridge, as long as they are well sealed.

see here for details:

Sections
Shortcuts