Color Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefmay. Show stefmay's posts

Color Question

My bridesmaids dresses are a deep purple, sort of a plum color. I am meeting with my florist tomorrow. I really like deep red for flowers. Would that look silly with purple? Can anyone suggest some ideas I should talk to my florst about? I really don't want a lot of purple in the bouquets. Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: Color Question

I think deep red flowers would look amazing against the deep purple dresses.  Also, what about ivory colored flowers?  That would also be a nice contrast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Hmm, well I was going to suggest ivory roses with deep purple calla lilllies, which are gorgeous! But if you want to stay away from purple, I think deep reds could work. Purple and red work together, but I would add some purple into the bouquet as well. Maybe deep red roses and purple calla lillies? Or ivory and red roses with the callas?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

In Response to Re: Color Question:
    [QUOTE]I think deep red flowers would look amazing against the deep purple dresses.  Also, what about ivory colored flowers?  That would also be a nice contrast.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

We read each others minds!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

What about something like this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Color Question : We read each others minds!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

HA, I think we did!! 

I am a HUGE fan of deep red roses.  I LOVE them so much. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I second Goodness's suggestions

I really like the look of these flowers it is a bridal and bridesmaid's bouquets

And a google image search of purple and red flowers, which is where I found the above link.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I just thought of something. Purple and green look awesome together. What about red and purple flowers with those green berries?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

blue looks great with purple too. You could go for a peacock color theme, purple blue and green

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

It's in the same color family; it will look lovely. We had purple BM dresses [think Easter purple or iris purple] and had purple, white and various shades of pink/red flowers. It looked lovely. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefmay. Show stefmay's posts

Thank you guys! I thought it would look good but wanted to make sure others agreed. Wendy, I love dahlias, especially deep red ones. And Peonie, the green berries sound like a great idea! I can't wait to meet with my florist tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't think deep red and purple compliment each other very well.  I love the idea of ivory against the dark dresses, personally.  It would lend maximum contrast that is super complimentary.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ohhh purple! I love that color! I think it could work, but I would add ivory with it, and some purple so it matches the dress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I love deep red/deep purple together - I think it's a rich and gorgeous combo  In fact, that was the color scheme of my wedding until at the last minute I decided to go with EVERY color (since we were getting married in a garden where there would be every color).  You can sort of see those 2 colors together in my bouquet (below), especially near the center.  I have better pics of the red/purple combo that I found online to give my florist as examples, but I think they're at home... I can post over the weekend if you want to see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

this is a bouquet made of peacock feathers and kale.

kale-bouquet

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

these are the centerpieces from the same wedding:
    www.olivialeighweddings.com/blog/images/sbwed/sambenweddingbests-123.jpg" alt="" />

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

you can do purple and red--it works, imo--but you might break it up with a cooler color too  (green, ivory/white or even some blue)...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

here's another couple of examples of purple with red/dark pink.  I also love purple and green, as Peonie said.

and i also love dahlias, as you said!  I bet they would look amazing next to the purple, maybe with a light color also mixed in.  I also like Pink's idea of a purple/blue/green theme.  Ah, so many colors, so little time!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Love the bouquet with fuschia colored flowers with purple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefmay. Show stefmay's posts

[QUOTE]I love deep red/deep purple together - I think it's a rich and gorgeous combo  In fact, that was the color scheme of my wedding until at the last minute I decided to go with EVERY color (since we were getting married in a garden where there would be every color).  You can sort of see those 2 colors together in my bouquet (below), especially near the center.  I have better pics of the red/purple combo that I found online to give my florist as examples, but I think they're at home... I can post over the weekend if you want to see.
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

Heather that bouquet is stunning. What flowers are those purple ones? I never thought of doing all types with some deep red mixed in. Just gorgeous.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefmay. Show stefmay's posts

This bouquet was my inspiration. Found it on Lindsey Lorings website.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Heather, your bouquet is beautiful! Stef, those dahlias are awesome!!

I also found this, it has red and purple!

Here are some pictures that show purple and red weddings are beautiful!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If you want the most 'pop' against purple, use yellow. It's it's complement/opposite and looks phenomenol. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Is anyone else wondering why all the men in that picture are wearing Keds?

I'm actually with Kar on the red and purple.  I would probably do bouquets mostly with white and lilac (maybe a little deep purple), then incorporate deep purple into my bouquet.

ETA: Then again, I end up going to my roommate a couple of mornings a week to ask if I match.  I pair almost everything with white, black, or denim to avoid just this problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Guys in tuxes and sneakers is old hat.  For whatever reason, they feel more comfortable and 'young' when they were sneakers w/ the tux rather than the rented shoes.  I think it's silly myself, but I also think it's silly when the bride wears flip flops.  It's supposed to be a lighthearted look.  I think it shows that they are light on brains, but to each their own.  :-)