DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator

http://offbeatbride.com/2009/12/diy-floral-fascinator#more-3476

from the awesome folks at OffBeat Bride

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator

I am a terribe female.  I clicked on this link expecting it to be something pervy.

"Feather fascinator?  That sounds dirty!"  Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL I would be concerned about any make-your-own pervvy item. that stuff is best left to the pros.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator:
    LOL I would be concerned about any make-your-own pervvy item. that stuff is best left to the pros.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

LMFAO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Posted by pinkkittie27

I agree 100%.  But, if someone sent me a link, I would still check it out (and share it.  But not make anything it suggested).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

very true, but I think I'd share that on the relationships boards. ;)

In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator : I agree 100%.  But, if someone sent me a link, I would still check it out (and share it.  But not make anything it suggested).
    Posted by lucy7368

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I hope my best friend would shoot me point blank in the face before letting me walk down the aisle with something like that on my head! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

and I would hope that my best friend would shoot me point blank in the face before letting me walk down the isle in some tired updo or pretty pretty princess tiara.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. I wasn't asking for opinions. Way to hate, cos.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

The blue rosette  in the second picture is you, Cos.  You could put it on when sitting on the porch,  start a few conversations in the neighborhood.

OT - Do you know where the feathers in your fascinator come from?

When our tenant called up to me on the deck 1 day last August, to ask if I wanted the green and white feathers piled up on the small table on the patio, I said, no, I meant to throw them out, got side tracked.

It wasn't til weeks later when she showed me a picture, that I realized the feathers on the beaded and befeathered headpiece the bride to be (friend of tenant) was wearing for her hair trial (the picture)  were those irridescent green and a few fluffy downy under feathers I had said I did not want.
         I decided not to tell her she had hotglued to her comb and brooch  the feathers I took from my dogs mouth after he stole them from the bucket of feathers I was plucking from the dead duck.     
         Dipping the duck carcass in boiling water briefly to loosen the feathers must have washed off most of the blood, though there had obviously been enough left for the smell to interest the dog.
        Oh well, I believe in recycling our natural resources.

Maybe I should get her a "Mallard in Flight"
    logo hunting cap she can wear with casual clothes,  when the fascinator does not go with her outfit.  Shower present?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amarie978. Show Amarie978's posts

Posted by pinkkittie27

Ooh I love those veils - those look amazing!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

waggie, that totally cracks me up!

cos' sarcasm is meant to be funny, not hateful.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'd doubt you'd say that if I made a similar comment about someone else's chosen bridal acessory.

If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

[QUOTE]waggie, that totally cracks me up! cos' sarcasm is meant to be funny, not hateful.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

OMG I love your avatar!

you can get net veils like that from the craft store, usually inexpensive because you don't need more than a yard.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator : Ooh I love those veils - those look amazing!
    Posted by Amarie978[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Those are cute Pink.  Did you wear a birdcage veil?  Seems like they would suit you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I desperately wanted to, but none of the ones I bought or made looked right with my dress. I ended up going with a regualr veil, but I kind of regret that. I kept all the little hats though, I pull them out for dressier occasions.

[QUOTE]Those are cute Pink.  Did you wear a birdcage veil?  Seems like they would suit you.
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I'd doubt you'd say that if I made a similar comment about someone else's chosen bridal acessory. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

You don't think I'd defend you?

Anyway, I said that because it's come up before, and that's just how she participates sometimes.  I didn't think it was a personal attack because of historical converations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I didn't think it was a personal attack, but it certainly was an attack on the item I linked to.

Imagine if you posted a link of a dress and someone said "I hope my best friend would shoot me point blank in the face before letting em wear that"

Or if someone had said on the eharmony thread "I hope my best friend would shoot me point blank int he face before letting me sign up for online dating"?

I know it's the way she is, I just don't care for it. It's snarky and such a mean girl way to be.
    There's nicer ways to say something isn't for you. She chooses not to use them.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator : You don't think I'd defend you? Anyway, I said that because it's come up before, and that's just how she participates sometimes.  I didn't think it was a personal attack because of historical converations.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I agree, but we know that's just her way.  Seems like the bigger thing just to let it go knowing that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I would have let it go and left it at that, but you felt the need to defend her. I can't abide by that.

I don't expect her to apologize, I don't expect her to change. I'm sure she thinks my reaction is hysterical, just like dougas thinks making us upset is hyusterical. But I expect myself to call people out when I thinkt hey're being less than kind. That's my way, and it's not going to change. better for you to let that go, especially since I'm doing the right thing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]There's nicer ways to say something isn't for you. She chooses not to use them. In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator :

I agree.  I personally like tiaras, and would never consider wearing a veil.  I didn't even know what a feather fascinator was, so I obviously wasn't planning to get one.  :) 

But there are less offensive ways of saying that it's not my style.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Pink - this is totally off topic.  You get your hair cut at Shag right?  Who do you see?  I just made my first appointment for next week and I am seeing Nate.  Any feedback?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Well, I used to see Sean, but he left for greener pastures (a salont oo rich for my blood). He recommended Nate to me, so I assume he's good. :)

[QUOTE]Pink - this is totally off topic.  You get your hair cut at Shag right?  Who do you see?  I just made my first appointment for next week and I am seeing Nate.  Any feedback?
    Posted by dkb6248[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]I would have let it go and left it at that, but you felt the need to defend her. I can't abide by that. I don't expect her to apologize, I don't expect her to change. I'm sure she thinks my reaction is hysterical, just like dougas thinks making us upset is hyusterical. But I expect myself to call people out when I thinkt hey're being less than kind. That's my way, and it's not going to change. better for you to let that go, especially since I'm doing the right thing.

I didn't defend her before you called her hateful.  We all know she really isn't a hateful person so I couldn't let that stand. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I used to see Sean, but he left for greener pastures (a salont oo rich for my blood). He recommended Nate to me, so I assume he's good. :) In Response to Re: DIY- How to Make a Feather Fascinator :

Thanks!  I'm excited...I need a new look.  I feel like my old stylist was getting lazy and stopped listening to me.