DIY Wedding Programs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: DIY Wedding Programs?

I think the recycling is a great idea.  But how are you all distributing them?  Are you leaving them on a table for people to pick up or are you having someone hand them out?
    Posted by Cyclechic06

I've seen it done a number of ways. 

1.  Used as a great "I want this person to participate but not be in the wedding party task," the person stands at the door to the wedding and hands them out.

2.  Handed out by ushers

3.  On a table at the door for guests to take themselves. 

However, #3 bugs me because being seated is kind of a whirlwind and people may not notice them.  Unlike when there are none at all, if there are programs and one sees other people with them after being seated it's irritating.  All you can think of is how you should have grabbed one.  Where were they?  How did all these people find them and we missed them?  It's so distracting!  But, if someone hands you a program, ah, you have one, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Thanks to you ladies, especially Wendy, I finished putting our wedding program together yesterday!  I found a very simple template online that I liked, and took some ideas from Wendy's to make my own.  We're having a relatively short Methodist wedding ceremony, so it wasn't too tough to organize everything.

Now my question is this:  has anyone had programs printed on both sides?  I'd like to just use one card stock...have the covers printed on one side, and the ceremony/wedding party info printed on the other.  That way I can just fold them in half and be done.  If anyone did this, did they come out ok?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Thanks to you ladies, especially Wendy, I finished putting our wedding program together yesterday!  I found a very simple template online that I liked, and took some ideas from Wendy's to make my own.  We're having a relatively short Methodist wedding ceremony, so it wasn't too tough to organize everything. Now my question is this:  has anyone had programs printed on both sides?  I'd like to just use one card stock...have the covers printed on one side, and the ceremony/wedding party info printed on the other.  That way I can just fold them in half and be done.  If anyone did this, did they come out ok?
    Posted by kmt09

I had very long programs (We were told that our wedding mass might be 1.5 hrs long, I wanted people to have something to read).  I printed on both sides for a booklet - I practiced on scrap paper first to check the configuration but found it pretty easy with the booklet template I had.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Thanks to you ladies, especially Wendy, I finished putting our wedding program together yesterday!  I found a very simple template online that I liked, and took some ideas from Wendy's to make my own.  We're having a relatively short Methodist wedding ceremony, so it wasn't too tough to organize everything. Now my question is this:  has anyone had programs printed on both sides?  I'd like to just use one card stock...have the covers printed on one side, and the ceremony/wedding party info printed on the other.  That way I can just fold them in half and be done.  If anyone did this, did they come out ok?
    Posted by kmt09

I am glad it all worked out for you and you were able to pick and chose and make the program something you are happy with.

GK2bwed - if you want to post your email like KMT did I can email you with the same info or KMT can. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Now my question is this:  has anyone had programs printed on both sides?  I'd like to just use one card stock...have the covers printed on one side, and the ceremony/wedding party info printed on the other.  That way I can just fold them in half and be done.  If anyone did this, did they come out ok?
    Posted by kmt09

That's what I did & worked out fine!  I tested my document on plain paper first & then had them printed on stock.  My MOH & I spent about an hour one afternoon folding them.  No biggie.  Plus that way we didn't need to tie the pages together or anything.  Nice & Simple :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Kmt...was it hard to do?? I know you found the template online, but what paper did you use?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Kmt...was it hard to do?? I know you found the template online, but what paper did you use?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Liz, I haven't had them printed yet.  I just found the template and filled it in with our information.  I still have some info I need to check to make sure it's accurate.
    My wedding isn't until 8/8, so I have some time to look around and find the paper or card stock that I like.  I'll probably check out Office Max, Michael's, Staples, etc. and then bring it somewhere and have them printed professionally.  Once I finish them up I'll let you know how they look!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ok, cool. What website has the template?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Just do a google search for free wedding program templates, and you'll find a ton!

I chose the one from this site:

http://www.mnweddingminister.com/programs.html

Just click on where it says "program template" underlined and the Microsoft Word Doc will come right up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Wendy - thanks so much that would be really helpful! I am at kelw982@yahoo.com.

I appreciate the help!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Thanks, Kmt!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

No problem Liz!  I also found the paper already, too.  Bought 150 sheets of white cardstock with a pearl border on eBay for $50 total.  I also ordered some silver foil heart seals (usually used for invitations) for a few dollars that I'm going to stick on the top instead of using clip art.  Hopefully they come out nice!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I looked at the template. The only thing I am confused about it is that it looks like when you fold it, all the names, etc are on the front, but the rest of the info is on the back? is the middle black? Or am I look at it wrong? Maybe you print it double sided? I am AWFUL with this stuff. I would have to have the FI do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

It's supposed to be double sided.  The first page is both covers, and the second page goes on the inside.  I took out the border because I didn't like how it looked when I printed it out.  The paper I bought has the pearl border and I think that will look a little neater.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to layouts...

Sections
Shortcuts