E.L.F. make-up - $1 sale on line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

E.L.F. make-up - $1 sale on line

Nordstrom is changing the logo on their makeup, so they're selling everything for one dollar on line. The make-up line E.L.F. (eyes-lips-face) has been bought out by Nordstrom and will be re-packaged with the Nordstrom name on it. They are getting rid of the entire make up in the ELF packaging. They are selling everything for $1. You do have to pay shipping. They have everything powder, mascara, lipstick, a mineral line, brushes etc. The website is http://www.eyeslipsface.com/shop.asp
    When you check out there is a space for a coupon code. Use * CAROLINA * and save an additional 50%, up to $7.50. 
    I just went on line & very few things are unavailable yet!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: E.L.F. make-up - $1 sale on line

Thanks Tibird!!!  What a fabulous deal!  I just got a TON of stuff from there and only spent $20.  Have you used their products before?  I'm sure they're pretty good if they're sold at Nordstrom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Nope, I've never used it, but for $1, I ordered a bunch of brushes, make up remover, travel kit etc.  I wish I had seen this before I went on a make-up binge before the wedding :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenv1230. Show jenv1230's posts

My co-workers and I just placed ordered on that site. We did find out they are not being bought out though. Someone we know uses their products and had some high reviews.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/elfcosmetics.asp

Nordstrom is changing the logo on their makeup, so they're selling everything for one dollar on line. The make-up line E.L.F. (eyes-lips-face) has been bought out by Nordstrom and will be re-packaged with the Nordstrom name on it. They are getting rid of the entire make up in the ELF packaging. They are selling everything for $1. You do have to pay shipping. They have everything powder, mascara, lipstick, a mineral line, brushes etc. The website is http://www.eyeslipsface.com/shop.asp When you check out there is a space for a coupon code. Use * CAROLINA * and save an additional 50%, up to $7.50.  I just went on line & very few things are unavailable yet!
    Posted by tibird

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

yup, my mom buys lipgloss fromt hem because it's always been $1.
    I just wonder about the quality, IMO you get what you pay for when it comes to makeup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Wow! So that is an everyday price?  Thanks for checking Snopes!  For what it's worth, the 50% coupon code worked when I used it. 
    And the email gimick is a good one, I bought more than I would have if I'd known I could go back any time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from this site. What I like & don't like:

Good
    - The lip glosses that twist from the bottom. They look good on and the applicator is decent. I bought a more expensive one at the drug store recently and can't tell the difference! The tube is a good size too, not too small. Could last you a solid month (I think) if you're crazy about applying gloss. I usually put it on once or twice a day unless I'm out somewhere so it lasted me a bit longer.

- The nail polish is just as good as any other expensive brand. I bought a very dark purple and it only took 2 coats to completely cover my nail just like it would any other polish. Plus the bottles are a normal size, not a "trial size". I have the french manicure kit from them as well and the pink is perfect for a french. Not too pink with just a tiny shimmer. When I don't feel like really doing my nails I will use 3 coats of just the pink to make my nails look finished.

- The mineral makeup. It's more than a dollar, more like $5, but I like it. I've used their mineral veil and thought it worked as well as my Maybelline one. The mineral eyeshadows are great, shimmery and they last all day on me. I usually get creases from my eyeshadow but this one seems to last all day. I used one of the eye shadow kits to do my makeup for my friend's wedding and everyone thought I got it done professionally.

Bad

- Not a huge fan of their pencil eyeliner. the one that came with the mineral makeup set doesn't seem to go on very smoothly no matter how soft/hard it is or sharp. It never looks right to me, even though I still use it in a pinch.

- The colored liquid liner also doesn't seem to work that well. I bought the purple and the black. The black works well but has kind of a strong smell. Looks decent on, but the Almay I have worked better and didn't stink.

This is all I can think of for now, hope this helps!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

Thanks so much!!! I also just ordered a ton for like 11.00. This was a great post!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

DO NOT ORDER THE CLARIFYING POWDER!
    It has Talc AND mineral oil in it, both of which clog your pores!!!!!

Almost all of the products contain either beeswax or mineral oil- good for moiturizing, but they clog your pores like crazy!

Alot of their powders also have Mica as an ingredient, which, if not properly milled, can irritate skin and make it rough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sher. Show sher's posts

i guess we'll see how well this stuff works! interesting that it's this price all the time. i agree that you usually get what you pay for so i am interested to see how well this stuff stays on (eyeshadow).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Be careful buying mineral makeup fromt his place! The concentration of some of the ingrediants can cause a SEVERE allergic reaction!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Ooops...I just bought a bunch too.  I hope it turns out to be decent quality, if not...at least its only $1 each!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Ick! The second ingredient of the lipgloss is PLASTIC! Wouldn't want to be swallowing that all day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

every single thing, the first, second, third and sometimes fourth ingredient is all oil oil oil oil. If you have combo, oily or sensitive skin, I would not recommend this stuff at all!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scrabulous. Show scrabulous's posts

I bought their eyemakeup remover pads and they sting!  My roommate bought a bunch of stuff that she loves, including the lipgloss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

a lot of this stuff also contains a ton of parabens. Parabens have been linked to breast cancer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Thanks for the warnings!  I'm glad I stuck mostly with the brushes. Even if they're crud, for $1 they might be good for travelling.  Disappointing aout the eye make up remover though.  Guess I'll just stick with the BE variety - I love that they are like little Q-tips!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

Just did a quick search and it seems that what they use in their lip glosses are industry standard...doesn't make it right or wrong, but just saying...the first ingredient in their lip gloss is the same as the one in the $14 MAC lip glass that I also love....MAC seems to have polymers making up the first few ingredients in quite a bit of their lip products.

Not picking on any one company in particular, I just did a quick search for a company that I consider to have a great reputation...Maybe I'm wrong?

EDIT: Just checked out the parabens, seem to be common in MAC products too...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Mineral oil, along with beeswax, is the first ingredient in many lip glosses. It's the plastic polymer that's the second ingredient that made me raise my eyebrows.
    I don't use MAC lipgloss either. Same reason. I don't want to eat plastic.

I've worked in cosmetics. You get what you pay for. I've seen and compared the ingredients in many products, and I can tell you first hand, there's a difference.
    It's like how McD's sells cheeseburgers for $1, sure it's $1, but just because it's cheap doesn't necessarily mean it's a deal. It's not something you'd want every day.

Alot of the main ingredients in these products are fillers, not pigment. Pigment is what costs money, which is why the more expensive the cosmetic, the more pigment and less filler you get. Which means you use less of the product because you don't need as much. So the product, while more expensive, lasts longer.
    More expensive products also usually use fillers that are actually good for your skin, not relatives to lead or plastic.

Just did a quick search and it seems that what they use in their lip glosses are industry standard...doesn't make it right or wrong, but just saying...the first ingredient in their lip gloss is the same as the one in the $14 MAC lip glass that I also love....MAC seems to have polymers making up the first few ingredients in quite a bit of their lip products. Not picking on any one company in particular, I just did a quick search for a company that I consider to have a great reputation...Maybe I'm wrong?
    Posted by Txgrl82

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

I totally agree, but I also believe that more expensive doesn't always mean better...

Either way, I found this site and you can type in any product and it will give you a quick hit of what problems are associated with it, I think many of us will be surprised: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Pink, what brands do you suggest? I'm asking sincerely, since I have read your posts about makeup before and know that you worked in the industry...thanks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

It truly depends on the product and your skin type and what you want in term so performance, I haven't found one brand that gets everything right.
    I do buy some of my makeup from the drugstore, simply because I don't have the money to be spending on the more expensive stuff I used to get for free from Sephora.
    Pixi from Target has some good stuff, L'Oreal True Match is a good bargain foundation that's oil-free, a ton of mascaras from the drugstore are really great, like Covergirl, L'Oreal and Maybeline.

I totally agree, but I also believe that more expensive doesn't always mean better... Either way, I found this site and you can type in any product and it will give you a quick hit of what problems are associated with it, I think many of us will be surprised: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ Pink, what brands do you suggest? I'm asking sincerely, since I have read your posts about makeup before and know that you worked in the industry...thanks!
    Posted by Txgrl82

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I think make up, like most things, take a lot of trial and error before you find what works for you.  For example, most people rave on and on about how fabulous Maybeline masacara is... I hate it, I end up looking like a raccoon after an hour.  Similarly, people love MAC foundations, I have never had a color of theirs that actually works for me.  Loreal eye make up remover stings my eyes like h*ll (yet with any other eye product I'm fine).  Generally though, I do tend to be a bit of a brand snob when it comes to cosmetics - it was a big step for me last year when I actually purchased a cleanser at CVS and not Macys/Nordtrom!!
    Hopefully one or two of the purchases I made on E.L.F are okay, and even if it is only half that are okay, no biggie, it's not like I have spent my entire pay check on the stuff!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Just wanted to say I am in no way saying every single product from e.l.f. isn't good.
    Their brushes look great and some of their cream stuff looks pretty standard. I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who's like me and used to try everything only to break out and be disappointed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

yeah, Great Lash never worked for me either. I've had better luck with Covergirl Lash Blast and L'Oreal Voluminous. Also love Too Faced Lash Injection, Fresh Supernova, Dior Unlimited (DiorShow give sme raccoon eyes), Clarins Long Lash, and my all time favorite Givenchy Eye Fly.
    And I agree about MAC foundation. Some people can't live without it, it makes me look like cr*p. I've had better luck with L'Oreal, Make Up Forever, Lorac and Cargo. I'm super fair and have sensitive combo skin. I like buildable coverage with a dewey finish.

I think make up, like most things, take a lot of trial and error before you find what works for you.  For example, most people rave on and on about how fabulous Maybeline masacara is... I hate it, I end up looking like a raccoon after an hour.  Similarly, people love MAC foundations, I have never had a color of theirs that actually works for me.  Loreal eye make up remover stings my eyes like h*ll (yet with any other eye product I'm fine).  Generally though, I do tend to be a bit of a brand snob when it comes to cosmetics - it was a big step for me last year when I actually purchased a cleanser at CVS and not Macys/Nordtrom!! Hopefully one or two of the purchases I made on E.L.F are okay, and even if it is only half that are okay, no biggie, it's not like I have spent my entire pay check on the stuff!
    Posted by Prill

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Pink, what do you know about Clinque...God I hope it's good things. Fot the past five years I have ONLY used Clinique pressed powder, eyeshadow, blush, and mascara...I seriously have tried every mascara out there and ONLY use Clinique..I absolutley love it. I plan on using a Clinique rep to do my wedding makeup as well. I will be honest though, the CVS brand eye makeup remover is AMAZING, it is the same thing as Neutrogena eye makeup remover, but like $3 less, and it is the only eye makeup remover that I have ever gotten to take off my water-proof mascara!

I have heard good things about Origins makeup, but it is a little expensive.

Sections
Shortcuts