E.L.F. make-up - $1 sale on line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Re: E.L.F. make-up - $1 sale on line

I'm all about a Lancome Mascara and an Estee Lauder foundation... oops, there goes my brand snobbery again..!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Oh also, if you are looking for eye makeup remover that takes off water proof mascara, my MOH uses baby-oil and swears by it. We used to live together and I tried in once, and I didn't like it only because it made my eyelashes and my face oily, but it did work very well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Clinique bases it's brand on being hypo-allergenic. I respect that, as it means they research their ingredients. I find their products to be consistent and of good quality.
    I like their lip products, but I have to say I've never bought anything Clinique. Only because they never came in to talk to us about their products, or gave us anything to try for free. I also can't seem to find any ingredient info on their website or on the outside of their packaging, although I know it's included inside the product. So unfortunately I can't give any insight on it.
    Their products win awards every year and several of my Sephora friends swear by them.

Pink, what do you know about Clinque...God I hope it's good things. Fot the past five years I have ONLY used Clinique pressed powder, eyeshadow, blush, and mascara...I seriously have tried every mascara out there and ONLY use Clinique..I absolutley love it. I plan on using a Clinique rep to do my wedding makeup as well. I will be honest though, the CVS brand eye makeup remover is AMAZING, it is the same thing as Neutrogena eye makeup remover, but like $3 less, and it is the only eye makeup remover that I have ever gotten to take off my water-proof mascara! I have heard good things about Origins makeup, but it is a little expensive.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I've never tried Estee's foundation, but I love their eyeliner. Lancome also makes great eyeshadow. Drew Barrymore's go-to makeup artist is the head make-up artist and creative director at Lancome, Gucci something or other (I can't remember her last name).

I'm all about a Lancome Mascara and an Estee Lauder foundation... oops, there goes my brand snobbery again..!!!
    Posted by Prill

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

When I used to work for Dior and then Lauder in a department store, we used to use Clinique toner to clean our benches.... some of that stuff has some serious alcohol content!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

this is true, some of their toners are intense, which is why before you buy any of their skin products you need to go have a consultation with one of their reps. To do otherwise can be disasterous.

When I used to work for Dior and then Lauder in a department store, we used to use Clinique toner to clean our benches.... some of that stuff has some serious alcohol content!!
    Posted by Prill

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lac1876. Show lac1876's posts

Just wanted to let everyone know that Nordstroms is not buying ELF.  Apparently it is a hoax that has been circulating lately. :(

(Of course I learned this AFTER I purchased a whole bunch!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I've heard that MAC foundation is like spreading Elmer's Glue on your face.  It started as stage makeup, and is NOT intended for every day wear.  And the only mascara I've ever found that I actually like is Art Decco, which I happpened to pick up while I was in Europe, and have never found over here.  I generally use Aveda.

As far as the E.L.F. stuff, I believe one of the reasons it's only $1 is that products are tiny.  Good for travel size or to stick in your purse, but not really practical for everyday use.  I think they talk about it in the snopes article that was posted earlier.

Also, the last time I went to visit my family, I accidentally left my makeup at home, and the $3 eye shadow I bought at Target turned out to be much better than the expensive stuff I usually buy.  I believe it's by L'Oreal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from isabellac3017. Show isabellac3017's posts

I've heard that MAC foundation is like spreading Elmer's Glue on your face.  It started as stage makeup, and is NOT intended for every day wear.  And the only mascara I've ever found that I actually like is Art Decco, which I happpened to pick up while I was in Europe, and have never found over here.  I generally use Aveda. As far as the E.L.F. stuff, I believe one of the reasons it's only $1 is that products are tiny.  Good for travel size or to stick in your purse, but not really practical for everyday use.  I think they talk about it in the snopes article that was posted earlier. Also, the last time I went to visit my family, I accidentally left my makeup at home, and the $3 eye shadow I bought at Target turned out to be much better than the expensive stuff I usually buy.  I believe it's by L'Oreal.
    Posted by lucy7368

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from isabellac3017. Show isabellac3017's posts

Girls,

I placed an order online with e.l.f. Friday night.  Today their customer service called me to verify order. They are not connected with Nordstrom in any way.
    The products are full size and the rep told me they can sell them cheaply because they do not advertise nor do they use fancy packaging.

Also, they are offering a free gift worth $15 or free shipping...not both.  See their
    website.

Thought you would like to know.

Sections
Shortcuts