Exhausted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Exhausted

I don't know about anyone else, but I am exhausted!  My Christmas shopping has been mostly done for weeks but between work and preparing to go out of town, running errands, and baking I am sleep deprived.  I have slept late everyday this week so far.  I have a 4 hour drive to Maine tonight and then I can finally relax (for the most part).

I don't know how all you ladies with children/families do it, especially single parents.  I am not even hosting Christmas, my in-laws are, I am already worn out.  Good luck to everyone and Happy Holidays! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Exhausted

Christmastime is not only busy, but it is often emotionally draining for a miriad of reasons.  You are not alone in being tired and stressed! 

There's light at the end of the tunnel - enjoy your time in Maine!

Merry Christmas!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

My Xmas strategy is do what you can do, don't do what you can't afford, don't want to do, or don't have time for.

I got 1/2 my Xmas cards done and then discovered my address book is missing.  So about 35 people aren't getting them this year.  I will send them an e-card and they know I love them.  Not stressing about it. 

For Xmas dinner, I decided to do baked potatos instead of an augratin recipe that takes time and effort. 

That kind of stuff. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I actually had a nightmare last night where I couldn't get everyone's drinks and they were all waiting and I had too much to do and I couldn't find the glasses and everyone had a question, but my guests were at the door and they wanted their martinis now where did I put that ice bucket.....

It was an exhausting nightmare because I've had too many dang dinner parties in the past 4 months and a couple coming up this weekend!!!!! 

Take a break.  Have a drink and go to bed early.

Merry Christmas everyone!! AB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I hate those nightmares!  Those are like work nightmares.

I am looking forward to my glass of champagne when I arrive in Maine tonight.  Leaving soon. woooo! 

Take care everyone and Merry Christmas!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm with Cosmo- what excellent advice!

I always tell my mom or anyone else that I'm more than happy to bring food- as long as it doesn't have to be cooked first. If people come to my apartment, I'll cook all kinds of stuff, but I hate bringing cooked food places.
    Don't get me wrong, I love cooking and baking, but I don't like transporting it (especially with a dog in the car), and if it's for a party, I stress about it coming out "perfectly". So, I offer to bring chips and dip, soda, ice cream, cheese, wine, salad, etc.
    Plus, my apartment seems to be a blackhole for tupperware. I can never find any lids!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

That's why i only offer to bring cooked food i have made before. I'll experiment with stuff if it's just in my own house but not for bringing places at the holidays. and most of the apps i bring places are super easy that it's really tough to mess up ;-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Merry Christmas dkb, have a great time in Maine!  I know what you mean about being exhausted!!  I thought I was done shopping then like 3 people at work gave me PRESENTS!  I didn't know we were doing PRESENTS! 

Happy and stress-free holidays to all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

This year the holidays haven't been to stressful for me, but I'm still exhausted!

NL: I need your help!  (or anyones!)  I was asked to bring an appetizer for Xmas and I have NO idea what to bring!  It needs to be somethign that doesn't need to be heated up.  Any ideas for something good that is easy?

PS.  Merry Christmas, everyone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

this one is super easy and quick to make. It's also really easy to make double or triple batches of.

4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened (it mixes much better soft)
    3 Tbsp. Salsa
    4 flour tortillas (6 inch size)
    1/2 cup  Mexican cheese
    1/4 tsp. chili powder

Mix the softened cream cheese and salsa together. Spread on the tortilla, add cheese and sprinkle on some chili powder. It says a 1/4 teaspoon but i just lightly sprinkle it on so i have no idea how much I really use. Roll up the tortillas and cut into pieces. If you make it the night before, don't cut the roll ups until the morning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Trex,
    Smoked salmon on a plate with capers and chopped onions sprinkled on top, served with crackers or cocktail rye bread slices on the side is always welcome. Everything can be bought at the store. So can just cooked shrimps and cocktail sauce. No work. No need to stress out. Just present it beautifully, so it looks like you have slaved all afternoon.
    For your vegetarian friends. Knors dried veggie soup mixed in cream cheese and sour cream and served with crudities.
    Good luck and Happy Holidays!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I bring spinach dip.  People absolutely rave and it's just the recipe on the soup mix.

1 container sour cream (I use fat free)
    1 box Knorr Leek Soup Mix
    1 package frozen spinach, cooked, drained, beaten, and strangled

Mix 'em up, buy a big round sourdough loaf, carve it up, and enjoy!  Easy and delicious. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm hosting Christmas dinner and cooking everything from scratch except the apps.  I bought those.  I got a beautiful olive sampler with feta designed for just setting out as-is.  Also, a Cajun crunchy mix and roasted cashews.  Price Chopper, and I'm sure every other chain, has lovely things to bring to parties for apps, and what could be easier than that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Lucy, I just brought that somewhere recently and everyone oohed and aahed over it!  Soooo easy and soooo yummy and soooooooo impressive!!

(I didn't beat and strangle my spinach, however... I'll have to try that next time)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lucy and poppy,
    the next time you make this dip, try to add an 8 oz. block of softened cream cheese. Beat the cream cheese first with the sour cream, then add the rest. The dip stays better when served and easier to scoop.