Fading tan lines?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Fading tan lines?

Okay, here's my newest skin dilemma.  My wedding is in August and I (dumbly) fell in love with a strapless dress.  I get horrible tan lines in the summer and my original plan was to jsut stay out of the sun until August (haha, right?).  However, I'm starting to run and I'm already getting tan lines!  To get rid of tan lines, my american friends always either tanned or spray tanned to even them out.  But I'm Indian and have medium dark skin already, so I don't really want to have to darken my skin to get rid of the tan lines (not to mention, I have no idea how spray tan would even work on me). 

Does anyone know of a way to lighten skin to even out tan lines?  I've heard lemon juice might reduce melanin production, so I might try that.  Any other advice would be much appreciated!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Fading tan lines?

a lot of places make grapefruit, orange or lemon body salt scrubs. those work really well to even out tone, BUT if there's a big, big difference between the tanned skin and the untanned skin, I'd opt for SPF 60 sunblock and minimize the area's sun exposure as much as possible.
    Worst comes to worst, you can always use foundation to blend.

and anything you use to brighten or even out skint one makes your skin more sensitie tot he sun. wear SPF!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Trex, with your Indian genes, I don't think you have to worry. You have an absolutely lovely skin color, envied of most. I do understand your problem, and I am not taking it lightly.
    Can't you just put a light bolero or such over your shoulders, when you run?
    I know my Indian friends, just have to look out the window, to get the most gorgeous tan, envied by all. But as soon as they go inside, it disappear. My husbands Indian tennis pals gets lines, where their sox stop. But after a beer or two, the lines disappear. (Yeah, they usually kick off their shoes and sock to air out their feet after the game. Good they are playing outside. LOL) Oh boy, wish I had that problem to worry about. I get red like a lobster in the sun.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Pingo:  I wish that was true for me, but no such luck!  Your friends must be from different part of India than my family.  Once I get tan lines, it takes months for them to fade.  I'm hoping to find something to wear to cover up while running, but no matter what I will end up with tan lines somewhere.  Sunblock doesn't really prevent them either.  Oh well, I'll just try to cover up, exfoliate a lot, and then cover with makeup I guess! 

It just seems like since they make sunless tanner, their should be an opposite product, like un-tanner?    Maybe I should invent it... haha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

there is "self-tan remover", but it's just a citrus salt or sugar scrub. a fake tan only changes the color of dead skin cells, a real tan affects the skin on a deeper level, so it won't work as well fading a real tan as it will for a fake tan.
    prevention is really the way to go.

In Response to Re: Fading tan lines?:
    Hi Pingo:  I wish that was true for me, but no such luck!  Your friends must be from different part of India than my family.  Once I get tan lines, it takes months for them to fade.  I'm hoping to find something to wear to cover up while running, but no matter what I will end up with tan lines somewhere.  Sunblock doesn't really prevent them either.  Oh well, I'll just try to cover up, exfoliate a lot, and then cover with makeup I guess!  It just seems like since they make sunless tanner, their should be an opposite product, like un-tanner?    Maybe I should invent it... haha!
    Posted by trex509