Google weddings!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Re: Google weddings!

In Response to Re: Google weddings!:
    [QUOTE]i love the pew foundation the pew charitable foundation how can you not love a charitable foundation that allows you to say pew all the time?
    Posted by JEnvie[/QUOTE]

HA!!!!!!!!!! pew pew pew

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Not at all Alf.  I too love the library.  I worked at one when I was 13 for  peanuts, but I loved it.  Love Love the smell...  It's ok to drop a book, get it wet or just not be nice to it, it will still be there when you need it : )

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

[QUOTE]Not at all Alf.  I too love the library.  I worked at one when I was 13 for  peanuts, but I loved it.  Love Love the smell...  It's ok to drop a book, get it wet or just not be nice to it, it will still be there when you need it : )
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I'm also a bookworm but I do own a kindle too. I never thought I would because I too was a "real deal" kind of thinker until my sister got her kindle. I love it my kindle now too, particularly for those summer light reading books that I know I will never ever read again. For the more intellectual or fascinating reads that I may want to comb over and over again I always buy the book, hardcover when possible. I have a pretty good library started in my house and it's nice to be able to add more frivolous fare on my kindle too. Even though it may not have that awesome book smell, the kindle starts to feel like the real deal once you start reading it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Interesting venforknot.  I too only buy hardcover but I love the idea of the kindle for frivolous books. I read pretty much everything.  I may have to drop a hint to DD for my birthday this summer : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, too - I want a book pad of some sort this Christmas.  Maybe they'll come down in price even more this year.  Everything ALF loves about books actually deters me from reading, funnily enough. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

One of the only reasons I haven't looked into a kindle is the amount of books I read-145 books last year. I'd be in the poor house if I had to buy all the books I read plus if I really don't like the book, I haven't spent any money and it goes back to the library. And yes, I can get ebooks from the library but mine doesn't have a good selection. and yes, i know they have free books available online but I've never seen enough of them I've been interested in reading to download them. Plus, like Alf, I like holding a book to read it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Perhaps this isn't appropriate to post here, as I think this needs a whole new discussion, but because this has been mentioned often on this thread, I'll add my own thoughts. "Some-guy" needs to go. I've been reading quite a few threads lately because I am newly engaged and find that getting different point of views helpful in planning my own wedding. When I log on, I expect to find helpful discussions from women who have been through this before and I hope to learn from their mistakes. I often ask for their advice, hoping they have more experience than I do in certain situations, and I learn from their own personal experiences. I ask my own friends and family, but getting an opinion from others who don't know me or my situations is sometimes more helpful because it's unbiased. That, to me, is the point of these threads.

You, "some-guy" so often do not contribute anything helpful to these discussions. Every time I see a post from "some-guy" I often laugh at the amount of effort it takes this person to respond in such a negative "look at me, I know everything" type of attitude, and I often wonder how much of a life this person is lacking if they find true enjoyment responding in an online forum behind the security blanket of the anonymous screen name. Seriously "some-guy"...I'm picturing someone who lost every childhood school yard battle and is now making up for lost time by wasting your time, effort, and extremely ridiculous comments by picking fights on here. Yes, you have ruffled a few feathers, but to a bystander like me who doesn't give two sh*ts about what you have to say, you sound like SUCH a loser. I'm only taking the time to write this now because I find your contributions distasteful, distracting, and most importantly SO USELESS...like it's been said a million times before, why are you on here if you don't agree with weddings? Spare us all the "holier than thou" attitude, because no matter how much anger you spew out of that loser mouth of yours, weddings will still happen (including my own) and these threads will continue.

Go find some kiddie park to see what 2 year old you can fight to get that swing you've always wanted....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

You're not getting it, "some-guy"...NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION because you add NO VALUE to these discussions. Your only purpose here, and perhaps in life in general, is to bring others down, and no one needs that. You can certainly make your opinions, it's public, but no one cares to read them. Everytime I laugh out loud at my computer, my finace wants to know what "I have nothing better to do with my life some-guy" has to say. You are a joke, not only to me, but I assume most people on here.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. These threads are for helping others in the wedding planning process, not kicking in your "I hate my life and thus want you to hate yours" opinions. Save yourself some time, and log off because your opinion on here is about as helpful as my dog helping me clean the house.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

His opinions aren't always delivered in the nicest way, but they do often make sense, if you take the time to read between the lines. Sometimes people do overthink situations and it can be refreshing to have a blunt crash down to earth.

If all else fails, there is also an ignore button.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Got your attention enough to mention it though, didn't it??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

[QUOTE]I work in the institutional investment industry, which is a very highly compensated industry.  More men than women work in Wall St firms and the supporting industries, not 100%, but more. Posted by some-guy[/QUOTE]

Me too, and it is more male dominated but that is slowly starting to change.  What do you do?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I would normally agree with you RedFish BlueFish, but he is particularly nasty in this thread for no reason.  You can state your opinion without the direct insults.  I have never seen a post by him that was stated without some form of snarky.  Just over the top today. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Yes you are still here, wasting your time and proving your terrible existence simultaneously...GOOD FOR YOU! (GOD I LOVE USING CAPS! AM I ANNOYING YOU AGAIN???) There's a million ways to skin a cat, and you sir seem to pick the wrong way every time. Keep posting, I don't care, and I will continue to laugh at your horrible delivery (whether or not your opinion is useful) because you apparently are unable to communicate like a socialized human being.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You started it some-guy.  I think you have valid opinions but you get really nasty in your comments.  If you leave them out, your posts will be more received.  I do think you are a rabble rouser and enjoy it.  So I will use the ignore button for the first time on these threads.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Google weddings! : I'm not the one calling people a "loser", a potential child beater, clinically obese, or any of the other direct insults that have been hurled at me.  Or saying you have no life, or saying that no one cares about your opinion.  Go back and read.
    Posted by some-guy[/QUOTE]
    I would have gotten the hint by now....just saying...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Google weddings! : I'm not the one calling people a "loser", a potential child beater, clinically obese, or any of the other direct insults that have been hurled at me.  Or saying you have no life, or saying that no one cares about your opinion.  Go back and read.

Seriously, what do you do in the industry?  I'd like to discuss...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

People only consider the opinions of those they respect. So, if you can't deliver them respectably, no one's going to pay attention.

"Cynicism is the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence."
    Russell Lyens

"Cynicism is the humor of hatred."
    Sir Herbert Beerbohm Tree

"Misery loves company."
    John Ray

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
    Oscar Wilde

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leila32. Show Leila32's posts

[QUOTE]Leila32 - Build/manage performance measurement and research systems. You?

equity research sales...thought if you were in institutional sales, there might be some crossover.