Guest book necessary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Guest book necessary?

Do I have to have one for my wedding?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: Guest book necessary?

[QUOTE]Do I have to have one for my wedding?
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Only if you want one!  We had one at ours, and it was totally unnecessary.  I think we only had two pages of people's signatures that I'm sure we will never look at again.  :)

Ditch it if you don't want it; you won't miss it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Nope!  :)

My mom wanted us to have one though, so I got one on etsy.  (If she hadn't cared, I totally would've skipped it.  She thought guests would be looking for it and wondering where it was.) Maybe 1/3 of our guests signed it.  It is cute, and it is now on our coffee table.  

Our book, from etsy seller UberArt, was gorgeous, unique and $25 including custom name plate.  So I like the way it looks on the coffee table.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Completely unnecessary.  Not that I have anything against them, but all people write is things like Congratulations! and Best wishes!

We had an album in which people could insert their photo booth photos along with a message on an index card kind of thing... probably 1/4 of the photos were accompanied by a message.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I didn't have one either...I thought about doing one of those ceramic plate things but in the end I didn't.  My Mom thought I was nuts but went with it, and in the end she didn't even notice it was missing.

If you want one go for it but if not don't stress. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't think we needed one, but DH wanted it.  A scroll, actually.  It's still sitting in its box, and I bet it will be forever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

We didn't have one.  We are, however, making a framed collage from all of the cards we received. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

We didn't do one and I don't think it's that necessary. We kept all the cards we got which was more meaningful - some people wrote some great things.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I have no idea where my guest book is.  I think if there is some way to make it meaningful to you and DH it's great, but I personally don't think it's necessary.  For example, my friend who is very into theatre had a Broadway show-type poster made of a pic of her and DH from their engagement shoot, and we all signed that.  It's now framed in her house.  Otherwise... I think, like many wedding details, it's the kind of thing that some of your guests may look for, others may never notice whether it's there or not.

p.s. That's a great idea, dkb! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Total waste of time and money.  Skip it!

goodness, is it this weekend? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

We had one, but it was totally unnecessary. People just wrote their names and we had a small wedding, so that took up about a page and a half.

Skip it, it'll be one less thing to worry about!

Columbus Day weekend, right Goodness?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Thank you so much, everyone!  I really didn't want to have one.  I think it's unecessary, too. 

Yes, that's right WPP, it Columbus Day weekend.  October 11!!  I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

That's awesome! Now is the time to start crossing things off your list. Take three or four things, tell yourself you won't get to them and that's okay, and ditch them. It'll make the next few weeks so much easier!

What do you have left to do?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I need to talk to the florist about the bouquets, flowers for the men, and the moms.  Um, then meeting with our other florist (we have two different vendors for flowers) for the centerpieces.  They're going to show us a sample of the centerpiece on October 2, so we can get an idea of what it will look like.

Let's see.  My dress is still at the seamstress and it should be ready next Friday. 

I think we will have a lot of things to do the week prior.  Right now, I'm just focusing on eating healthy, exercising, and trying not to stress out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

It sounds like you're right on track. Good for you!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ade333. Show ade333's posts

hi, I planned my sister's wedding and she did not do a guest book.  What we did was a signature board.  I went to Michael's and purchased wooden frame, probably 24x30 inches and on sale for $17.  I ordered a custom mat from Etsy for about $12 including shipping (Michael's wanted to charge close to $40!).  I then framed my sister's wedding invitation (a nice photo of the couple would do to!) in the center using glue dots on the back.  At the wedding, people wrote out their best wishes to the couple.  This signature board is now hanging up on their living room wall and it looks gorgeous and is a fun reminder of their special day.