Hairstyles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Hairstyles

So we don't hijack Goodness' thread anymore!!

I wish I could say I am as pretty as this woman, but my hair looks exactly like hers!! This is how I plan on wearing my hair for my own wedding, I will literally bring this picture to my hairstylist and say "re-create this, please"

What about you ladies?? And for those of you who already are wed...what did you do with your hair?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Hairstyles

That is too funny!  This was one of the hairstyles I considered, but I have a long face so it didn't look that good on me, but I love it!

Posted this in the bouquet threads, but this is what I gave my hair stylist:

This is how it actually looked:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hello there,
    I don't have the patience for posting photos on here, but I used the link below to find updos to show my hairdresser:

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/be_byte6/

I wore it all up and curled, with the veil under my updo.  Unfortunately, the hairdress didn't get it quite right :o( 
    It still looked good, but no matter how much I tried to communicate what I wanted she didn't make my hair messy/wavy enough.  I even had a photo from when I was a BM so I could say I wanted it wavy like that and that the other hairdresser had curled my whole head first, but she just could not get it!!!  I was looking at a photo of me and my BM/SIL at the wedding and I thought, darn I should have pointed over to her and said I wanted it messier like that!!!
    I swear I am not a miserable person, I am just finding through all of this wedding stuff that I don't communicate as well as I thought I did :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I shouldn't say my hair looks exactly like hers. It is long and brown and thick. So, I am sure it can be done. I just think it is such a nice look.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I'm just doing a very simple updo with a thin crystal headband and a short veil under the updo.  My hair is straight and just past my shoulders, so I don't think I could do much with it down.  Plus, my hair looks a thousand times better up with the dress.  Something similar to this.  Must have side-swept bangs due to five-head!  LOL!

rose bun back viewrose bun side view

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

This is pretty close to mine, it was not quite so messy and I had it side parted and swept to side in the front.

I  had a big flower on the other side of the side do too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ohh, I like both!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I found this picture about a year ago and have been saving it on my computer ever since. I still love it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Okay, this is my first try posting a photo in the new software.  I hope it works and isn't too big of a photo.  (I can't figure out how to resize anything.

This was a pic from my hair trial.  For the day of, I loosened up the curls, and my hair was a couple inches longer.

Here are a few pics of the day of:

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I had normally worn my hair in a super-short pixie, so when it came to wedding time it was really hard to find inspiration. There are almost no pictures anywhere of brides with short hair except OffBeatBride. So, I came up with my own ideal look, an homage to 1920's silver-screen siren Louise Brooks:

I came pretty close after having to grow my hair out a little 'cept I didn't go for black hair:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

ARG!  Sorry that post is soo long!  I tried to edit it and cut out one of the pictures and condense, but it won't work...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: Hairstyles:
    [QUOTE]This is pretty close to mine, it was not quite so messy and I had it side parted and swept to side in the front. I  had a big flower on the other side of the side do too.
    Posted by ilovebeagles[/QUOTE]

I love that, too.  That's what I'm thinking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

That is beautiful Jasmine! I wish I could do something like that. I have very fine hair. I have a lot of it, but it is very fine, and shoulder length, so it does not hold curl very well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]I had normally worn my hair in a super-short pixie, so when it came to wedding time it was really hard to find inspiration. There are almost no pictures anywhere of brides with short hair except OffBeatBride. So, I came up with my own ideal look, an homage to 1920's silver-screen siren Louise Brooks: I came pretty close after having to grow my hair out a little 'cept I didn't go for black hair:
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Pinkie, you did a good job at matching it almost perfectly!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, this is my first try posting a photo in the new software.  I hope it works and isn't too big of a photo.  (I can't figure out how to resize anything. This was a pic from my hair trial.  For the day of, I loosened up the curls, and my hair was a couple inches longer. Here are a few pics of the day of:  
    Posted by jasmine09[/QUOTE]

Jasmine...SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Girls, all of these hairstyles are gorgeous!  Here is mine - my hair is actually pretty long (center of my back) but you wouldn't know it from this hairstyle.  And I stuck 3 or 4 sparkly hairpins in.

As you can see, a few of the curls fell a bit, but I didn't mind.  took me about half an hour to get all the pins out afterward, though! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Thanks! Rose at Salon Red on Newbury Street cut my hair. At $75 including tip it was the most expensive haircut I've ever had, but I figured since I wasn't paying to have my hair styled for the wedding and would have need a haircut anyways, I saved money in the end.
    We did have to tease the crown a little and use lots of hairspray to get my veil to stay put, but only because I have fine hair and my veil was 2layer, cathedral and elbow-length. Big veil + short fine hair = stability problems.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hairstyles : Pinkie, you did a good job at matching it almost perfectly!
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

heather- LOVE your veil! So pretty!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Heather, that's so beautiful and romantic looking.  When I had my trial, it came out exactly how I wanted.  Very beautiful.  Although, thinking back on it now, I want something different.  Something like your style or the pic above of Taylor Swift.  I want something loose and romantic.  My trial was beautiful, but it was tight and neat... that's not my style.  I'm more messy with my hair.  Any which way it goes is my style.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]Girls, all of these hairstyles are gorgeous!  Here is mine - my hair is actually pretty long (center of my back) but you wouldn't know it from this hairstyle.  And I stuck 3 or 4 sparkly hairpins in.       As you can see, a few of the curls fell a bit, but I didn't mind.  took me about half an hour to get all the pins out afterward, though! 
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

Gorgeous!!! I love your veil! I wanted a veil like that, but it wouldn't go with my dress.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

thanks ladies!

Heather--very elegant!  love the little delicate curls.

And pinkkittie that is an awesome cut.  You have the perfect face shape for it--looks great on you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Wow Pink - You nailed the look, even your make up!!  beautiful pic!

dkb - That pic is similar to what I had asked for, but my stylist wanted it all up. We compromised & I did all up with ringlets hanging (sort of).  It was so hot in the dress that I was actually glad it was up.  Plus I kept my light veil on.  The bigger one "fell" off immidiately after the ceremony.  (My mom knew I didn't like the puffy one & only wore it to appease the in-laws, so when she hugged me she "accidentally" pulled it out!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

same here, I even bought one only to try it with the dress and be disappoointed. :(

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hairstyles : Gorgeous!!! I love your veil! I wanted a veil like that, but it wouldn't go with my dress.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Heather, I always pictured you with dark brown hair!  Funny.

Georgeous photos ladies!

So how are you posting them?  Through photobucket?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Thanks, actually my friend Heather who I worked with at Sephora did my makeup, and we'd been exchanging Louise Brooks photos talking about how we'd acheive the look for a long time ever since I saw a poster of Louise at Heather's apartment.

[QUOTE]Wow Pink - You nailed the look, even your make up!!  beautiful pic!
    Posted by tibird[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts