Help - tux we wanted is now discontinued!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Help - tux we wanted is now discontinued!

Hi,
    So our girls are wearing Navy with Pink Sash (from Aria Dresses it is the silk shantung incase yon need a color point) and we were planning on the guys in Grey Tuxedos (a lighter grey) with pink ties.  We just purchased the ties, contacted the bridal salon to order the guys tuxedos and low and behold the tux is discontinued.

So now we are searching for new grey tux - my fiance doesn't like any of them. 

So what do you all think of a black tux and navy dresses? Our wedding is now in the 20's with days left - HELP pleaseUndecided

Thanks in advance!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Help - tux we wanted is now discontinued!

navy and black would bother me, IMO. Does FI have the option of wearing a different tux than his groomsmen? So he can wear the black one he likes and the other guys can wear a grey one to match the BMs? DH wore a different tux than his groomsmen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I've seen this before and I think its fine, really. It's a classic look.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

My girls wore navy blue dresses and my DH and the groomsmen (and the dads) all wore black tuxes.  I thought everyone looked great.
    Of course it was an easy decision for us - my DH would never consider any tux color other than black.  Also all our groomsmen (and my dad) already owned black tuxes and it seemed silly to make them rent something else.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

And, the pink in the dresses and the ties will pull it all together, I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

My first impression was..hmm ya navy and black don't go. But the other's comments about the pink ties and pink sashes actually will pull the look together.  In your pics, you will be in between the black tuxes and blue dresses, they won't be right next to each other for formal pictures.  
      I had a similar problem with brown dresses and black tuxes and thought it would look weird (beside the point, we are doing a more casual wedding now and are having khaki suits instead) but people on here posted to another bride that brown and black are okay and looked great in pictures. I think you will find the same thing with the navy.  Also just to let you know, my friend has navy BM dresses and black tuxes for the guys...so it is being done!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Thanks all; I had a BM send me her dress so we can see what it looks like in real life! we are going to text with a black tux and charcoal.

Thanks again!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I love charcoal, it's one of my favorite colors for clothes. It always looks good!

Thanks all; I had a BM send me her dress so we can see what it looks like in real life! we are going to text with a black tux and charcoal. Thanks again!
    Posted by katie1980

Sections
Shortcuts