Honeymoon Registry

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Honeymoon Registry

I was wondering if anyone used a honeymoon registry they were happy with?  FI and I have already registered at BB&B, but also would like to have a honeymoon registry.  The one have been looking at is honeymoonwishes.com.  Please let me know if anyone has any recommendations.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Honeymoon Registry

Dreamer, I haven't read anything about anyone here having done this in the last 5 years so I'm assuming you probably won't get a lot of responses on this unless people decide to weigh in on the concept in general which has been discussed before with opinions varying quite widely on the subject.

However, I did find this one review online FWIW:

Honeymoon Wishes Review

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

As kargiver alluded to, you probably won't get many recommendations from us because it's not a concept that's gained acceptance yet in this area. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thailand will be very expensive, and if you don't need household stuff, I can see why you'd consider this option.  Maybe if you do it and have a great experience you'll start a trend. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I had friends recently use Travelers Joy - and they liked it, and, from a guest/gift buyer point of view it was easy.

Thailand once you are there will be super cheap (yay!), it will just be airfares that will be a little pricey.  Well worth it though if you are spending two weeks there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I used thehoneymoon.com as a Honeymoon Registry

I've mentioned it before, I'm surprised Kar didn't remember that.

I was very happy with it and almost every guest contributed. A lot of my friends and family commented on how they thought it was a fun new thing.
    Of course, opinions will vary. If you friends and family are very traditional, they might not go for a honeymoon registry. My friends and family were into it, a few have even used thehoneymoon.com for their wedding registry.

DH & I went to Amsterdam. Nothing we registered for was over $40 per person. We did things like museum passes, tickets for a canal tour, dinner out, breakfast in bed. I think that if you keep the prices reasonable people overall shouldn't have a problem with it.
    It's just like when you see a regular registry and someone's registered for a $700 serving platter or a $3,000 television. People will only be annoyed if they think you're being presumptuous. So, be careful about registering for airfare or hotel nights.

For our TYNs DH & I sent people pictures of us doign the thing they gave us on our regsitry. Us in front of the museum, us at a restaurant, on the canal boat, etc. It was a fun way to share the experience.
    It was the trip of a lifetime, and it was only enhanced by the fact that our friends and family decided to give so generously towards it. we would have gone anyways if no one had given us anything off the registry, but almost every itme off our registry was bought. Some of museums we got to go to twice :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pinkie - sorry, I had forgotten.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

lol, I was kidding. I only mentioned it because you're so good about remembering things ;)

In Response to Re: Honeymoon Registry:
    [QUOTE]Pinkie - sorry, I had forgotten.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Thanks ladies!  I'll look into Travelers Joy and Thehoneymoon.com. 

FI and I have already lived together for a year and a half and are fortunate enough to have pretty much everything we need.  We registered for a few things hear and there at BB&B to give people a few options. 

Regardless of what people decide to do we are going on the honeymoon no matter what.  : )

Thailand is REALLY inexpensive and the biggest expense is the flights...so I break everything into small increments.  ($7 hour long foot massage! *Heaven*, elephant ride, trekking thru the jungle, kayak rental etc.)

Pinkie - my plan is to do the same thing with TYN's.  Ahh I'm so excited!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it sounds like you're set for success with this. giving people options is everything :)
    Good luck!

[QUOTE]Thanks ladies!  I'll look into Travelers Joy and Thehoneymoon.com.  FI and I have already lived together for a year and a half and are fortunate enough to have pretty much everything we need.  We registered for a few things hear and there at BB&B to give people a few options.  Regardless of what people decide to do we are going on the honeymoon no matter what.  : ) Thailand is REALLY inexpensive and the biggest expense is the flights...so I break everything into small increments.  ($7 hour long foot massage! *Heaven*, elephant ride, trekking thru the jungle, kayak rental etc.) Pinkie - my plan is to do the same thing with TYN's.  Ahh I'm so excited!!! 
    Posted by Dreamer-6-19[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]lol, I was kidding. I only mentioned it because you're so good about remembering things ;) In Response to Re: Honeymoon Registry :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I figured, thanks.  Not to hijack, but I've been down on myself today, hence the sad response. :(