Hosiery & Shapewear

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Hosiery & Shapewear

Hi, ladies. 
    Anyone have a good rec for hose I can wear with my peep toe shoes in November?  Alf, I know you've mentioned a brand you like, but I can't remember the details, other than the little in-between-the-toes loop that sounds like a fantastic idea.  I think I want thigh-high stockings/tights, but I'm not ruling out the regular kind, either.  Not opposed to help holding in my tummy.  :)  Oh, and plain would be fine, but I'd sort of like something fun, like fishnets a pattern . Might be weird, but I figure only DH will see it, and I think my legs look a lot better in the fun stuff than plain. 

Oh, and I'm curious about shapewear, too.  I've been going to my fittings without anything other than a strapless bra, and I think it'll be fine if I don't bother with more at this point, but provided it'll fit under the dress, what do y'all recommend?  Since I'm not dying to buy it, anyway, I'll probably limit my search to something cute.  If it's something I won't want DH to see, I won't bother with it.  Do they make sassy stuff that's worth wearing?  Something that might cover more than the bra but also have cups to give more shape/oomph up top? 

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Hosiery & Shapewear

Calvin Klein, Hanes and Hue all make toeless hose. I usually buy whatever is on sale. I am scarily white, so I usually go w/ the one that has the lightest nude too. 

Shapewear is meant to s-uck [seriously BDC this is a bad word?] you and and move you around to where you want to be, not look sexy or cute.  I highly recommend Spanx. I also highly recommend removing the Spanx before you have DH remove the dress.  Nothing kills the mood like watching the woman struggle and wiggle out of Spanx.  lol. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Macy's has a whole shapewear section, and some of it is lacy and quite pretty! I know that ever since Mad Men came on there are a great amount of high-waisted shaping breif that are really quite an attractive, pin-up style.
    You might pay a little more for them, but I figure you can easily wear them again!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thank you both!  I can't decide whether I need the shapewear...  I hate to spend the money and not use it.  Hopefully, it's out for trying on, not in a sealed package. 

Sections
Shortcuts