How did fiance propose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: How did fiance propose?

In Response to Re: How did fiance propose?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did fiance propose? : lol, good point, Kar. I have a feeling he doesn't know, but I'm not going to ask to find out!
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

Ignorance can indeed be bliss!!!  ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

We knew we were gonna get married it was just a matter of when.  I also knew that he wanted to shop without me but was afraid of getting me something I didn't like, after I had said that I did not want a yellow gold band and that I am not a huge diamond girl.  So I simply asked him if he would feel better if I gave him pictures of some styles that I liked that he could use as a guide.  He said yes and went shopping with a girl friend of mine and got me an amazing three stone ring without a prominate diamond. I am in love.

For the actual proposal I knew it was coming because he was jumpy all week (I later was able to confirm he picked the ring up on a Tuesday and proposed on the Friday.) but I didn't know when each time I thought it would happen it didn't.  So on Friday he knocked on the door which is weird, and so I answered it and he backed  away to be outside and asked me to tell him that we were not on a bus*. I did that twice, and then he got down on one knee and proposed in the doorway where we had our first kiss.

*One of our first dates we saw Walk the Line and Johnny Cash proposes on a bus and June turns him down and tells him never propose to a woman on a bus.  As we left the theater I made a comment that June was right.  So that is why that line is perfect for us but if you don't know the back story just seems weird.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

We had been together for 3 and a half years, all was going well, so we decided to plan our first "real" vacation. To make it more fun, early in the planning stages we decided that only one of us would do the planning so that the other could be surprised, adding more anticipation and excitement really. At the time I had much more free time on my hands so I dove into the planning. I picked Mexico - A cute boutique hotel on The Mayan Riviera. I tediously kept secret the details of our travel plans, so that he would not know anything until we arrived at the airport, and then still, he wouldn't know of our final destination until we got there. So I was nervous once we got to Mexico because the drive from the airport was long and I thought that he might not like the place that I picked (after all the planning, so far in advance as well). I was definitely second guessing myself...Well, we finally arrived, he loved the place, I loved the place so we headed to the hotel's quaint restaurant for dinner - live acoustic guitar player is there to set the mood and all - and DH heads right into the kitchen? He says he wants to ask one more question about the seafood special that they were having that night?! He's a big chatter and was so excited to be there so I really thought nothing of it at the time, I was just slightly embarassed, as I suspected that they didn't speak english all too well ;) Dessert came and voila a ring box on the plate - SO shocked and confused...how did HE pull this off??? The waitress brought us a bottle of our favorite champagne and we headed to the beach for drinks and a celebratory cigar! Then we called my mom!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I love all of these! It makes me wonder how and WHEN my SO will do it :)

I can't help it.... hehe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

oh god

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

dougas, go check the thread about me changing my reception site, you'll LOVE it...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Did you change it again?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Sorry to hijack your thread, Peonie!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Danielle44. Show Danielle44's posts

Kar - apparently he was going to ask me the next weekend.  He had no plan in mind.  Although he is actually pretty romantic, he's not that creative, so I'm not feeling like I missed out on anything!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HTuck. Show HTuck's posts

This was fantastic!!!

[QUOTE]I knew it was coming because we were in the process of buying a house and we had been talking about it for a while. Two days before we closed, he took a couple days off work (I thought to get ready to close, but he was getting the ring). I should preface all of this with that I had told him that I didn't care about a fancy ring and he could get me something out of crackerjack box and I'd be happy. I got home from work and he asked me to grab him a beer. I opened a fridge and said, "Why is there a box of crackerjacks in the fridge?" And then the room started spinning, because I knew what was coming... He said, "You have to look at the special prize inside." He had tucked the ring into the crackerjack box and resealed it, lol. I love this story; FI dies of embarrassment every time I tell it, though.
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

We'd been dating for about 2 and half years at that point. We had plans to go out to dinner that night. DH kept calling me at work to make sure I wouldn't be late.
    Now, the night before, DH had a few too many and when he called me to say goodnight, and because he's awful with secrets he said "I have something important to ask you tomorrow."
    So I said "What? Why can't you ask me now?" So, in order to cover his misstep and not spill the beans, he asked me to move in with him.

So the next night I pull up outfront of his apartment, and I walk up to the door carrying a huge bag of my stuff so I could start moving in.
    I see a trail of rose petals and candles leading up to the front door.
    On the front door is a note card that says my name. I take it off and flip it over to see what it says but it's blank on the back. So, I go through the front door and there's more petals and candles and on the mud room door is a card that says "Will"
    At this point I figure otu what's going on and my heart is pounding. I went through the door and through the kitchen and foyer are more candles and petals leading to the living room door. On that door is a card that says "You..."
    I opened the door and there was DH, on one knee with the ring and he said "Marry Me?"
    I dropped all my stuff and gasped, put my hand to my face. I stood there a minute then nodded yes after i realized I hadn't answred and he was starting to look worried.
    DH had set up his video camera behind him, so I have picutres and a video of th whoel set-up. It was so romantic and surprising. I knew he was going to ask me, but I had no idea he would plan it so thoroughly!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Pink, I just got the chills reading that!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

So great that you got it on video! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

omg, pink, I kind of started crying while reading that! That is sooo sweet, and I love that
    he recorded the whole thing!

He's a keeper. That's adorable!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Thanks ladies, I loved reading your stories too! This thread is awesome.
    DH is a hopeless romantic, I love when he plans things, but that was huge. And the fact that he took pics and video so we could keep it was awesome. I wish I could show you guys the video, but it has our full names and everything in it because we used it as a engagement announcement via email to our family.
    I'm totally guilty of watching that video when DH is out of town camping or something.

I still have some of the petals and one of the candles in a memory box.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

[QUOTE]We'd been dating for about 2 and half years at that point. We had plans to go out to dinner that night. DH kept calling me at work to make sure I wouldn't be late. Now, the night before, DH had a few too many and when he called me to say goodnight, and because he's awful with secrets he said "I have something important to ask you tomorrow." So I said "What? Why can't you ask me now?" So, in order to cover his misstep and not spill the beans, he asked me to move in with him. So the next night I pull up outfront of his apartment, and I walk up to the door carrying a huge bag of my stuff so I could start moving in. I see a trail of rose petals and candles leading up to the front door. On the front door is a note card that says my name. I take it off and flip it over to see what it says but it's blank on the back. So, I go through the front door and there's more petals and candles and on the mud room door is a card that says "Will" At this point I figure otu what's going on and my heart is pounding. I went through the door and through the kitchen and foyer are more candles and petals leading to the living room door. On that door is a card that says "You..." I opened the door and there was DH, on one knee with the ring and he said "Marry Me?" I dropped all my stuff and gasped, put my hand to my face. I stood there a minute then nodded yes after i realized I hadn't answred and he was starting to look worried. DH had set up his video camera behind him, so I have picutres and a video of th whoel set-up. It was so romantic and surprising. I knew he was going to ask me, but I had no idea he would plan it so thoroughly!
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I love that story!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

[QUOTE]We'd been dating for about 2 and half years at that point. We had plans to go out to dinner that night. DH kept calling me at work to make sure I wouldn't be late. Now, the night before, DH had a few too many and when he called me to say goodnight, and because he's awful with secrets he said "I have something important to ask you tomorrow." So I said "What? Why can't you ask me now?" So, in order to cover his misstep and not spill the beans, he asked me to move in with him. So the next night I pull up outfront of his apartment, and I walk up to the door carrying a huge bag of my stuff so I could start moving in. I see a trail of rose petals and candles leading up to the front door. On the front door is a note card that says my name. I take it off and flip it over to see what it says but it's blank on the back. So, I go through the front door and there's more petals and candles and on the mud room door is a card that says "Will" At this point I figure otu what's going on and my heart is pounding. I went through the door and through the kitchen and foyer are more candles and petals leading to the living room door. On that door is a card that says "You..." I opened the door and there was DH, on one knee with the ring and he said "Marry Me?" I dropped all my stuff and gasped, put my hand to my face. I stood there a minute then nodded yes after i realized I hadn't answred and he was starting to look worried. DH had set up his video camera behind him, so I have picutres and a video of th whoel set-up. It was so romantic and surprising. I knew he was going to ask me, but I had no idea he would plan it so thoroughly!
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

Pink, I actually just started crying at my desk at work!  Thanks for sharing that was amazing!