How long to walk down aisle? (Song length)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

How long to walk down aisle? (Song length)

Hi ladies!

Of course the answer depends on many factors, but any input would be greatly appreciated.

If the weather is nice, we will have an outdoor ceremony and I will walk down the "aisle."  I finally found a version of the Beatles's Blackbird that I like, but I especially like the last 1 1/2 minutes.  Is that long enough for my father and I to walk down the aisle?

If the ceremony is indoors, the walk will be a lot shorter and I think 1 1/2 minutes will be fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: How long to walk down aisle? (Song length)

I think it will be plenty of time, and you can always put it on repeat. 1 1/2 minutes is a lot longer than it sounds. And if you hear it ending you could always just speed up a bit. :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]I think it will be plenty of time, and you can always put it on repeat. 1 1/2 minutes is a lot longer than it sounds. And if you hear it ending you could always just speed up a bit. :-)
    Posted by amschnittger[/QUOTE]

Maybe I can count to 90 mississippi in my head to keep from looking at my fiance and/or crying :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe I can count to 90 mississippi in my head to keep from looking at my fiance and/or crying :o)
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

haha perfect! :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

you know it's funny, I have no idea how long it takes to walk down the aisle.
    It felt like 2 seconds to me.

And I was all misty-eyed. As soon as I saw my whole family standing there and DH, forget about it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I never seem to cry when I think I will, only on surprise occasions like last week's episode of House.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, Fram,

I think that should be enough time.  Bring it to the rehearsal and adjust your walking speed if necessary, but I'm sure you won't have to jog in any case.  :)

P.S. Or get a stop watch and walk it to see how far you get at different speeds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Kar!  People just don't understand how much goes into planning a wedding!  I mean seriously?  I have to practice walking down the aisle with a stopwatch?!  :o)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

It doesn't take nearly as long as you might think. One and a half minutes should be more than sufficient unless you are a very slow walker and have an aisle the length of the Canterbury Cathedral.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Kar!  People just don't understand how much goes into planning a wedding!  I mean seriously?  I have to practice walking down the aisle with a stopwatch?!  :o)
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

I know! It's just nutty sometimes!  ;)  It'll put your mind at ease.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hi Frame,
    1 and 1/2 minute is a long time. You will be surprised.
    Our house alarm is set to beep 45 seconds, when turned on. When we put it on at night before going to bed -  I go crazy listening to it. Believe me 1 and 1/2 minute is a very l-o-o-o-o-n-g time.
    I agree w/ the other poster, who said walk around w/ a stop watch and see for yourself how long 1 and 1/2 minute is. That will set your mind at ease.
    Think you are getting butterflies in your stomack for things you don't need to be worried about.
    Best of luck!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Pingo!  Don't worry - I'm not worried :o)  Just trying to figure out what to tell the DJ.  I think I will go with the final 1 1/2 minutes of the song and try to walk slowly enough to hear most of it :o)