Hurricane Bill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Hurricane Bill

Hurricane Bill is supposed to hit Bermuda this week. One of FI's friends is there on his honeymoon right now! I feel so bad!

Also, does this map indicate that we may get some of the aftermath? Does anyone remember Hurricane Bob? I thought that was so fun. A huge tree fell on our street and blocked us in, and my friend got stuck at my house for two days, we had a ton of fun :)

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/hurricanes/0809_hurricanebill/#wind_radius

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Re: Hurricane Bill

I didn't live here then, but happened to be up visiting my grandparents during hurricane Bob.  There was no damage to their place, but the yard was trashed with debris.

My uncle came home drunk one night during the storm and was out on the tire swing laughing and yelling at the weather.  The rope broke and he went flying.  I was so mad the next day - I was just a kid and really liked that swing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I honeymooned on a cruise to the Bahamas during huricane Hugo.  Our parents were all terrified.  We were just fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: Hurricane Bill:
    I honeymooned on a cruise to the Bahamas during huricane Hugo.  Our parents were all terrified.  We were just fine.
    Posted by downtoearth

Wow, that is scary.  I bet your family was worried sick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: Hurricane Bill:
    I didn't live here then, but happened to be up visiting my grandparents during hurricane Bob.  There was no damage to their place, but the yard was trashed with debris. My uncle came home drunk one night during the storm and was out on the tire swing laughing and yelling at the weather.  The rope broke and he went flying.  I was so mad the next day - I was just a kid and really liked that swing.
    Posted by dkb6248

That is hilarious!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I knew quite a few people who lost their cats due to hurricane Bob.
    Our outdoor clothesline that was made of metal snapped right in half.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Geez, not fun. That is so sad about the kitties :(

My parents neighborgood has lost so many cats to coyotes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

poor kitties!  I'm getting sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

It is sad! That is why my parents always kept their cat inside. And why he got sooo fat!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

well I don't know why a hurricane would make cats disappear, but apparently they do. They must get disoriented or just try to run away from the bad weather.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

That actually doesn't surprise me. Now that I think about it, there was one winter, can't remember which one when we had a huge blizzard. One of the neighborhood cats somehow got in a garage and hid there. And the snow got so deep that the people couldn't get their garage door open for like a week, so the cats owners thought they lost their cat. They didn't find him until the they finally got into the garage! All of the houses on our street are about 50-75 years old, so they have old school garages that you have to open yourself, and there is no door that connects to the house. That poor cat!

Sections
Shortcuts