I can't keep track anymore!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: I can't keep track anymore!!

In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!! : Anyone have any tips to help try and remain calm in the last couple weeks?  I'm not quite there yet, being that we're getting married in October, but I know myself (I know I will panic).  So, I would LOVE some tips on how to remain calm.  LOL!
    Posted by Goodness1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cherrywebb. Show cherrywebb's posts

I just joined too. Got engaged last month and planning for sometime in 2010. We honestly haven't started the planning yet but will probably start soon. I'm excited but will definitely need a lot of help since I have no idea where to even start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!!:
    In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!! : Anyone have any tips to help try and remain calm in the last couple weeks?  I'm not quite there yet, being that we're getting married in October, but I know myself (I know I will panic).  So, I would LOVE some tips on how to remain calm.  LOL!
    Posted by Goodness1

LOL kmt!  But seriously that is good advice.

Don't commit to to much and don't get too frazzled when you get last minute calls.  My best friends came in 2 days early to see Boston for the first time and to try to hang out.  I thought I would be able to spend a lot of time with them, in the midst of all the hair, nail and waxing appointments, but it just didn't happen.  They understood, but I was bummed.  And we got a lot of annoying calls with people asking dumb questions or asking us to do stuff that we didn't have time for and wasn't our responsibility, so try to shut off the phone if you can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

If you need to calm down, it sounds like a cry for help to calmdown himself. I can help you forget those silly wedding duties with a night out at a local Day's Inn. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Hey Wag,

He's not training. He's been stationed where we are for 3 years [he's in his 12th or 13th year of service].  He was here for a year before we got married and I moved here. I worked from home for a year, so it's only been the last year that I've been out of work and super bored.  We have a 'strong verbal' for DC and are just awaiting written orders.  We should be moving in November.  I am waiting till August for the written orders and then, if they haven't arrived by that time, I'm going to start applying for jobs.  I can't wait to get back to work.

lol. We have been BD full time, but no results so far.  Though something weird has started to happen.  I'll know in a few weeks. 

How are you doing?  Are you better from your health scare a while back? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from calmdown. Show calmdown's posts

If you ladies need a dancer for bachelorette parties, I have a few weekends open.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!! : LOL kmt!  But seriously that is good advice. Don't commit to to much and don't get too frazzled when you get last minute calls.  My best friends came in 2 days early to see Boston for the first time and to try to hang out.  I thought I would be able to spend a lot of time with them, in the midst of all the hair, nail and waxing appointments, but it just didn't happen.  They understood, but I was bummed.  And we got a lot of annoying calls with people asking dumb questions or asking us to do stuff that we didn't have time for and wasn't our responsibility, so try to shut off the phone if you can.
    Posted by dkb6248

I think that's part of what I'm planning on doing.  Turning my phone off randomly through the last few days, so I can focus, get my tasks done, and relax.  I want it to be a nice time beforehand.  I don't want to be running around trying to get things done the last couple weeks. 

Thanks, girls!

kmt, I love the picture of the wine!  SO perfect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

kmt, I love the picture of the wine!  SO perfect.
    Posted by Goodness1

It never fails to calm me down!  Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

It never fails to calm me down! 
    Posted by kmt09

Same here!!  Embarassed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

My Uncle Charlie used to also run to alcohol to calm him down.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

August 1, 2009...only 30 days to go :)
    Posted by niki0930

I'm in a wedding on August 1st!! My MOH is getting married on that day...she is also my MOH! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I think 8 is our number.  Got engaged 12/8, getting married 8/8, 8 mos. between engagement and wedding, and FI's birthday is on 3/8!
    Posted by kmt09

Kmt, maybe you'll have 8 kids!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

or maybe 8 marriages

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!! : Kmt, maybe you'll have 8 kids!!!!!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

Oh no Liz, don't even joke about that!  Yell

LOL!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

LOL...

P.S. shut up, dougas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I'm getting married July 31...FI woke up this morning and said, "Only 29 more days!" I was like, "Aww, you've not only memorized the date, but you're counting down!"

It sounds like there are a bunch of us that weekend!

Liz, if you don't mind my asking, why did you decide on a long engagement (a year and a half, right?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well, we got engaged in March, 2009

I was in a wedding June 20th

I have a friend getting married July 4th (this weekend) I'm not in the wedding, THANK GOD!

I'm in a wedding August 1st

I have a friend getting married June 27th, 2010

So, with all these weddings, I just felt like I needed my own time for my own wedding. Plus we really wanted a September wedding (Actually FI REALLY did, I could care less), and planning a wedding for September 2009 (in 7 months) was too fast for me.

Also, I just graduated with my Masters in May....so I was busy with that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

A year and a half!!  There is something more to this, was he unfaithful? Let it out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yes dougas...you got it. You sould be a psychotherapist.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Well, we got engaged in March, 2009 I was in a wedding June 20th I have a friend getting married July 4th (this weekend) I'm not in the wedding, THANK GOD! I'm in a wedding August 1st I have a friend getting married June 27th, 2010 So, with all these weddings, I just felt like I needed my own time for my own wedding. Plus we really wanted a September wedding (Actually FI REALLY did, I could care less), and planning a wedding for September 2009 (in 7 months) was too fast for me. Also, I just graduated with my Masters in May....so I was busy with that.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

I really like Fall weddings.  It's going to be beautiful, Sept!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Yes dougas...you got it. You sould be a psychotherapist.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

I keep picturing this...anybody recall the World of Warcraft episode of South Park?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Yet you people have time to watch South Park?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I keep picturing this...anybody recall the World of Warcraft episode of South Park?
    Posted by kmt09

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    OMG KMT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is hysterical!

I am home sick, and that totally cheered me up! :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!! : I really like Fall weddings.  It's going to be beautiful, Sept!
    Posted by Goodness1

Thank you Goodness. My mother keeps trying to convince me to have a "fall-themed" wedding. And I really did think about it. But I wanted to have a more summery feel to it. And like I said in another post, we are technically getting married in the summer ;) First day of fall is not until September 22nd in 2010.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

September is risky with the weather, people are busy getting back into school mode, there will probably be a Patriots game on or a Red Sox game. Think of others before declaring your own month. 
    Posted by dougas

I don't know why I am even wasting my time with you....but have you ever even been invited to a wedding?

Sections
Shortcuts