I can't keep track anymore!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: I can't keep track anymore!!

In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!!:
    [QUOTE]My friend's wife HAD to have an October wedding that fell on a frigid Patriots game and a Red Sox playoff game. But hey, its her day.
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

Who gives a sh*t about the Red Sox and the Patriots if someone you love is getting married?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

LOL Fra....THANK YOU!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]You people seem to be very open to criticism. Lets see, you resort to calling me names, saying I play games all the time and troll on the computer for 13 year olds. Oh, yeah, you can take it very well.  
    Posted by dougas[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between constructive criticism and you. Sorry your friend's wife planned a date you didn't like. Go complain to him and leave us alone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

Nice language. Did you kiss the groom with that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't keep track anymore!! : Thank you Goodness. My mother keeps trying to convince me to have a "fall-themed" wedding. And I really did think about it. But I wanted to have a more summery feel to it. And like I said in another post, we are technically getting married in the summer ;) First day of fall is not until September 22nd in 2010.
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

I'm September 12th and I get annoyed when people say it's a "fall wedding"!  It's just a late summer wedding to me :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think that's pretty normal, though.  People associate "Fall" starting in September even though it doesn't technically start until the 22nd. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

A few weeks ago people kept saying, I can't believe it's summer and we have had nothing but rain!  I had to hold my tongue to keep from pointing out that it wasn't summer yet!  I knew what they meant :o)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

[QUOTE]We are getting married in October, and I am not in the least worried about the weather.  I hope it's cool.  It might be hot.  Who cares????  It's your wedding day.  That's all I care about.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

That was my attitude day-of. Ultimately the day is what you make of it, regardless of the weather!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Silly us.  When we pick a date we should also look into our crystal ball and see whether a local sports team is going to make the playoffs.  Honestly, in most cases, the date is picked before your team even starts it's season, never mind makes it to the playoffs.  If you don't want to go b/c you want to go to the game instead, then skip the wedding and go to the game.  It's an invitation, not a command for your appearance. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I completely agree, Txgrl.  Ideally, I would hope for nice weather, and no rain.  I won't let it spoil our day if it rains or is cool.  It's what you make of it :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Like a mischievous child, he's looking for reactions.  just don't give them.  i think it's funny when guys come on here and attack us, then complain when we attack back.  love the cartoon.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

To go back to the wedding dates quickly ...we are getting married November 7. Just a little over 4 months away and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. We are totally having a fall wedding, but we picked November on purpose for that reason. Our total engagement will be a few days shy of a year. I don't post that often, but I want to say that you guys have all been so helpful!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dougas. Show dougas's posts

nbs, I hope you have a great wedding.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

[QUOTE]I think that's pretty normal, though.  People associate "Fall" starting in September even though it doesn't technically start until the 22nd. 
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

I know I do, because I love fall. As soon as Labor Day is over and done with I start decorating my place with all my fall things. :-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

[QUOTE] How long does it really take to plan a wedding??
    Posted by cherrywebb[/QUOTE]
    It depends on the the couple really.  I think mine was planned within about 2 months, that was 98% of the guest list done, invites picked out, venue deposit done, in the church's calendar, florist deposit was in, dj deposit down, photographer and videographer deposit down, and the dress was ordered.  Then I hung out with my FI for  6.5 months, then sent out the invites, and waited for another 7 weeks and then got married.

But I am an organized person, very into planning, and had a good idea of what I wanted even before we got started.  To put it in perspective one of my best friends says that I plan my sponenaity. 

Really you can take as long or as little as you need too. Good luck and I hope you have fun, I know I did.

And for Liz...April 2008 so just over a year now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I really wanted to get married in April, because very few people do, but FI was dead set against it for some reason.....booo!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How long it takes not only depends on the couple but where you want to have it.

Some venues book up a year in advance so if you have your heart set on that one you have to wait, and that will push off some of the other planning accordingly.  Pastors/priests also get booked.  If you want a shorter engagement, you can see if your dream venue and/or must-have priest or pastor is open near the date you want, maybe on a Friday or Sunday night instead of the ever-popular Saturday.

I know a couple that planned a very formal wedding with a Mendhi (I think I spelled that Indian traditional evening right) beforehand, too, in about 3 months.  We had the same wedding at the same church and venue, and we planned for 11 months.  I think I could have done it comfortably in 6 - 8.  Less than that would have felt rushed to me, and more than that would have been TOO long (for us, not as a general statement).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I definitely think you could plan a wedding in 6 months.  I know I could have!  When we got engaged, I already had a list of venues and photographers from recommendations on here :o)  The major downfalls are a) your top venue choices might be booked, especially if you want to get married between June and September and b) you would have to order a dress ASAP, and I mean A.S.A.P.

One fantastic thing about having a long engagement was that money was never an issue. 
    We paid the initial deposits a long time ago, then paid for little things here and there without dipping into savings, and when it was time to pay the final bills we had enough saved that we didn't have to spend our entire nest egg.  People make comments about being in debt after the wedding and I have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.  (I'm sure other people with shorter engagements were able to do the same things, but we aren't exactly rolling in the dough so longer was better!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

How long it takes depends on finding a venue with an open date and other vendors you want. We'll have an 11 month engagement, and it seems long to me; 6 or 8 months would've been fine. There's a woman who used to post on here who planned her wedding in 3 weeks. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

FI and I are getting married June 19, 2010.  We got engaged May 26, 2008...so almost a 25 month engagement!!  I can't beleive we've already been engaged for over a year!!  It's really scary how fast time flies - before we know it, it will be 2010!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

We have been engaged for over a year.  18 months to be exact.  I don't find it to be that much of a problem.  We are got our venue for the exact date we wanted, we got to negotiate with all our vendors, and we didn't have to worry about running around trying to get everything done.  Could we have gotten married in 10 months?  Absolutely.  But, I wouldn't change what we've done!  Everything happens for a reason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

We are getting married May 15, 2010. We got engaged in May of 2008, so it will almost be two years by the time we get married, but the months have been flying by!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

We are getting married in January 2010.  We got engaged in December and I can't believe we are already halfway through our engagement.  We have most of the big vendors done (I'm a longtime lurker so had many recs from you ladies) and now it seems about time to tackle all the little things I've put off. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I was also in so much shock after I got engaged, that it took about a month or two to let it all settle in.....then I got into planning mode.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I get extremely irritated when people judge other people's planning choices.  Just because you're engaged does not mean you need to

a) immediately pick a date, and
    b) get married within a year, and
    c) be polite when rude people ask "why haven't you..." whatever.

It never occurred to me until I got engaged that it is IMPOSSIBLE to pick a date until you have some vendors/venue lined up!  So a month after our engagement, even though we were spending every weekend visiting venues, researching, etc, we still didn't have a date.  I didn't mind at all if people asked if I had a date, it's only when the judgement crept into their question that it bugged me.

We only had an 7+ month engagement, so worked rather quickly, but I would never assume that a long engagement means there is trouble in the relationship (as is often hinted at).  I'm 35 and didn't want to wait, now that I had found "the one", so that drove me.  If I had become engaged while in grad school (I almost wrote "grade school" - haha!), however I would have had a much longer engagement.