I'm swollen! Or something.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

I'm swollen! Or something.

Our wedding is next weekend, and despite the fact that I've lost weight and it's freezing, my engagement ring is tighter than ever, and I find it hard to put on the wedding ring I picked up (and could rather easily slip on/off) two weeks ago.  

What the heck?  :(

Any thoughts, ladies?  My skin feels dry and, oddly enough, a little rubbery; but could that really make it so hard to put on and take off a ring?  I gave up soda a month ago, I eat very little sodium, I exercise daily...  What gives?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: I'm swollen! Or something.

Do you sleep with your ring on?  If so, have you changed sleep positions for some reason?  You could be affecting the circulation in that arm/hand somehow.  Are you puffy anywhere else?  If so, you might have a hormonal thing going on.  Could you be pregnant?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Yeah, I always have it on, so maybe it's the sleep thing.  I'm not puffy anywhere else, so that's the best explanation I've heard yet.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I sleep with my 4mm wedding band plus my 2mm e-ring so sometimes it happens to me, too.  Of course, if you don't wear a ring you don't notice when one hand is puffier that the other when you get up.  Is it worse in the morning?   If you ever wear a ring on your right hand (or if know how your e-ring fits your right ring finger) you can test the theory with how they fit on that hand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

Are you very stressed out about your wedding? I've had a couple of episodes in which I was super stressed out and puffed up (especially face and hands).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

It could also be weather and barometric pressure changes. Have you been eating an increased amount of salt lately? Salt retention can cause that too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

are you drinking too much water? if you're getting 8+ glasses a day, you might want to cut it back to 7 and see if it helps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If you have seasonal allergies, they may be acting up.  My hands swell when my sinuses are swollen from allergies.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thank you all so much for the ideas.  I'm sure it's not salt, but it could be water or stress, if those can do it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have to disagree with pink - with the recommended 6 - 8 glasses a day you'll pee out, not retain, what you drink if you're sodium is in check.  You'd have to drink a boatload to have the opposite problem and bloating would be the least of your problems if you ingested too much water.

If it's hormonal, a diuretic could help, like a serving or two of caffeine.  Just don't mess up your sleep.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your "rubbery skin" comment and the fact that there is nothing about your regimen that screams "water retention" has me kind of concerned that you have a hormonal imbalance or something else that might benefit from getting looked at by your PCP.  Not to sound the alarm, but it's not normal to swell for no reason or sense that your skin feels "rubbery."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

I second Kargiver. Whatever the cause, your PCP might be able to suggest something to do about the swelling, which you certainly don't want to see in wedding pictures.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i also thought of the pregnancy thing.  are you PMS-ing by any chance?  maybe a thyroid imbalance as well...my skin felt rubbery when I was 1st diagnosed w/an overactive thyroid...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Before calling the doctor, if I were you, I'd take a home pg test even if there's a really slim chance you're pg. 

(Hey, lar - hope you are doing well)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goldevents. Show goldevents's posts

70% diet, 20% exercise, 10% sleep(7-8 hours).  You're on the right path. Daily exercise, don't drink you're calories; burn 500 more calories per day than you take in.  Those calories should come from a plant based diet and some lean proteins. Eat small nutrious meals. BE PATIENT! If you haven't been on this path for very long, you will plateau at various times. The bride is ALWAYS the prettiest person at a wedding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JEnvie. Show JEnvie's posts

correct me if im wrong, but the last thing rirol needs right now is to now worry about being pregnant

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Our rings were a little tight to get on (being outside in August will do that to you!).  It was actually kind of funny when we both had to push pretty hard to get them on.  We laughed!  So don't worry too much about it.

I read this tip later on:  they said to rub a hard soap on the inside of the rings before the ceremony to help them slide on easier.  (not wet soap!!  you don't want them dripping!).  Hard soap will be invisible but help them slide.  So I read anyway, we didn't try it.

Figures, now my rings almost slide off because of the cold!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What is concerning is that she has lost weight, is watching her sodium, drinking enough water, exercising, and it's winter...and her ring is tighter than it has been.  It's a symptom of something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Unless you are cooking every single thing you are eating from scratch, then you are probably still eating a lot of salt.  There is more sodium in stuff than you might realize.  Even candy has salt in it!  So if you are hitting the extra Halloween candy [and who isn't?!], it's probably b/c of salt.  Reeses Peanutbutter cups have a surprising amount of salt in them.  lol. 

Is anyone else confused by goldevent's post?  Is this vendor even reading the OP?  Bizarre. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think goldevent's posts are simply meant to be a little more savvy about advertising his website than most vendors.  If he posts on a bunch of random Wedding threads he thinks he can blend in when his posts turn to advertising.  Or, he just plans to keep them coming so people will click on his link.

None of his posts make any more sense than if he'd quickly scanned the OP and posted something to blend in.  He's probably doing it all over the place so doesn't have time to read each one carefully enough to make sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Hey, all!  I'm pretty sure it's something to do with how I'm lying on my arm at night.  Since Kar mentioned that, I've noticed it slips off easily in the afternoon at work.  :)  Thank you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goldevents. Show goldevents's posts

i guess kargiver's point of view is all that matters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In Response to Re: I'm swollen! Or something.:
    [QUOTE]i guess kargiver's point of view is all that matters.
    Posted by goldevents[/QUOTE]

No, the point was that the OP wanted advice about why her ring was tight. You responded w/ information about diet and exercise and how to lose weight and look great on your wedding day.  You also follow every post w/ a link to your business. You clearly are not reading the posts, but are just responding w/ some general information about something tangentially wedding related in the hopes that people click on your link and hire you. Vendors are more than welcome to post and offer advice or tips, but you are not allowed to advertise, which is what you are doing by including a link to your business. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

ge is just sore 'cause I'm on to him.   It's against the rules to advertise on these forums even if you're fairly clever at it.

Rirlo, so happy you think that's what it was and not a hormonal thing.  What about the rubbery skin?  Transient, too?  Keep an eye on it; "rubbery skin" really is a symptom of a few medical issues worth dealing with.

~kar

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

this board really isn't the place to try and position yourself as an expert then try to profit off of it. it's a by the people, for the people atmosphere here.

sort of like how I offer make up and skin advice sometimes because I used to work in the industry. If I still worked in the industry I wouldn't dream of imposing myself here unless it was totally anonymously with no mention of where I worked or the products I sold. it just wouldn't be right to try and profit off of the advice I give here. I've even gone so far as to turn down a request from someone here to hire me as their makeup artist. That's not what I do and it's not what I'm here for. I wouldn't want anyone here to ever think I was trying to make money or sell them something, it would ruin the trust.

you're either here just to join the fun, or you're here to advertise. there's really little gray area.

and just a helpful tip: snarking at one of the most popular and helpful posters here because she called your bluff ain't going to win you any friends.