LL - Should We Elope?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

LL - Should We Elope?

Today's letter is awesome.  "I don't really want to get married, but since we're going to be somewhere tropical, maybe we should just elope.  Everybody wants a really big wedding but me, but I don't know if I'm ready for a big wedding - I'm totally ready to elope, though, because I'm going to be in the right place."

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2010/09/should_we_elope.html?p1=Upbox_links

Don't get me wrong.  Eloping is a fine option.  I think about it often.  But eloping because you're going to be on vacation already?  Really?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: LL - Should We Elope?

Wow, sounds like she isn't into marriage but has convinced herself that it's the right thing to do by taking online "are you ready to get married" quizzes that she's calling "pre-marital guides." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I could be wrong, but I feel like marriage is not the right thing to do if you're not ready and/or don't want to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, maybe you're right. ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I read that one too and thought it was ridiculous.  To get married because you happen to be going on vacation is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.  LL advice was good, get engaged and wait a year.  But I'm sure people do stupider things.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I don't know, Trex.  I mean, the more I think about it, the better it sounds.

"Hey AwesomeGuy, you know how we'll be in Phoenix for Thanksgiving this year, visiting your parents?  We should really get married while we're there!"  Sealed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if you have to ask whether or not you should elope, you shouldn't. The whole point of eloping is not asking anyone's permission, you're both in love and dead-set on getting married righthisminute or ASAP.

Sections
Shortcuts