Makeup for engagement shoot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Makeup for engagement shoot

Hi gals!

So we are going to schedule our engagement shoot for April or May and I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get my makeup done for fairly cheap. I wear makeup everyday (pressed powder, blush and mascara) but I honestly don't think I'm that great at it and I want to look very natural and have an even tone for the pictures (I am so worried about my face looking too orange for the shoot if I do my own makeup). I would only really need help with my foundation and blush application, and maybe eyeliner.

Anyway, any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Makeup for engagement shoot

I'd go to a makeup counter. Sometimes you have to buy one or two things, but it's cheaper than what you'd pay for just a makeup application.
    For what you want I'd recommend Bobbi Brown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Thanks, pink! That's what I was thinking I could do. Should I tell them it is for something specific, or would they charge me for that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

they shouldn't, just say you're willing to purchase 3 items (that's usually the limit)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bobbi Brown is great, but I also like Bare Essentials.  I don't know how good they are at makeovers, but the makeup is natural and light feeling.  I use it regularly and did my own for the wedding, too.

I agree with Pinkkie about going to a makeup counter instead of a makeup artist.  That way you can get tips and products that will make you feel more confident and look better every day, not just for pictures.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh yes, if you live near Natick the Bare Escentuals store there does great makeup applications. I just know there's bobbi brown counters in almost every department store, and her makeup is really natural, yet so expert at camoflauging anything!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

The Laura Mercer counter at Neiman's doesn't charge for makeup applications, but they will guilt you into buying something! I had my makeup done as part of a birthday party and all I bought was the lip gloss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

That's good to know, Friar! I live near the Chestnut Hill Mall, so I would go to Macy's for Bobbi Brown. I think the closest Neiman's to me is Copley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I second Bobbi Brown.  I went to a makeup artist but supplied my own makeup for my wedding and love how it came out.  Now if only I could do that to MYSELF every day...

ETA: Before my wedding I went to the counter in Burlington to look for lipstick, and the girl there was very helpful and ended up doing my full makeup right then just so I could see what it would look like altogether!  Didn't charge me, I think I bought a lipstick and a couple of eyeshadows...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

I truly can't recommend Bare Essentials enough.  I went to the store in Natick to try it out and then I did my own makeup for my engagement photos - to see how they'd come out, and to see if it was good enough to do my own makeup for my wedding.  I practiced and practiced and my makeup was PERFECT for both.  I needed lipgloss touchups and that was it!  Not orange, not ghosty...my skin was dewey and fresh and bright and looked so great in the photos.  I had to go heavier on the eyemakeup so it would show up in photos...but otherwise I just did everything I normally do, but a bit more exaggerated. 

So that's my recommendation...Don't waste the money!  I did a makeup trial and cried it off as soon as I walked out the door.  I don't regret the thousands I spent on my wedding, but I do regret the $100 I spent on that stupid makeup trial!  YOU know your face BEST! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Interesting... I have never had a makeup counter say I HAVE to buy something.  I did purchase maybe 4 items around the time of my wedding, but she never made me feel that I HAD to.  I just felt it was the right thing to do since she couldn't accept payment.

I've also heard good things about Bobbi Brown.

Sections
Shortcuts