Marriage License

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Marriage License

Did you need to show your birth certificate when you applied for a marriage license?  Or was your driver's license a sufficient form of ID?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Marriage License

Birth certificate.

ETA: I got mine in Boston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

It depends on the city/town.  In my town, you only need a driver's license.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

We got ours a week ago. It really depends on the city/town. I called our town clerk before we went in and she told us exactly what to bring...we just had a license and passport.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I believe just my license but I had my passport as well since at the time I didn't have my birth certificate in my possession.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I finally got ahold of the Town Clerk's office in the next town (it's cheaper than our town), and they said we only have to be over 18.  No ID required.  Weird!

Obviously we'll both have ours on us anyway, but it was odd that they said they didn't ask for any form of ID.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

So, you have to be over 18, but with no ID?  That is weird.

Next time I go to a bar, and they ask for my ID, I'll just say, "Hey, I'm over 21.  Just believe me".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

kmt --are you from bedford by any chance? ours told us we didn't have to bring anything...but we brought the passports just incase. the clerk never asked for any ID which was surprising.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

In Response to Re: Marriage License:
    [QUOTE]kmt --are you from bedford by any chance? ours told us we didn't have to bring anything...but we brought the passports just incase. the clerk never asked for any ID which was surprising.
    Posted by preserves[/QUOTE]

Nope, we're going to Kingston Town Hall.  I was a little surprised myself.  Ah well, at least they'll be easy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]So, you have to be over 18, but with no ID?  That is weird. Next time I go to a bar, and they ask for my ID, I'll just say, "Hey, I'm over 21.  Just believe me".
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I'd agree, but now I take being carded as a compliment.  It doesn't happen often anymore.  :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Thankfully, I still get card nearly every time I go out to a bar.  It's a nice feeling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I still get carded 90% of the time.  (I'm 28.)  It's been a while since people consistently commented on how young I look, but when I was at the salon on the wedding day, one of the other hairdressers was shocked when my hairdresser started to put the veil on ME.  She said, and I quote, "Oh my goodness I thought you were one of the little maids!"  Then at the makeup counter someone guessed I was 21.  So, all in all, a good day for me :o)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I still get carded 90% of the time.  (I'm 28.)  It's been a while since people consistently commented on how young I look, but when I was at the salon on the wedding day, one of the other hairdressers was shocked when my hairdresser started to put the veil on ME.  She said, and I quote, "Oh my goodness I thought you were one of the little maids!"  Then at the makeup counter someone guessed I was 21.  So, all in all, a good day for me :o)
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Well just based on what I can see in your avatar, you do look very young!  Smile

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

We only needed a drivers' license.  My DH had an out of state license too. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Framingham, you need a certified copy of your birth certificates. Call ahead to the town hall where you will be applying; it's different by town, although, it technically isn't supposed to be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]I still get carded 90% of the time.  (I'm 28.)  It's been a while since people consistently commented on how young I look, but when I was at the salon on the wedding day, one of the other hairdressers was shocked when my hairdresser started to put the veil on ME.  She said, and I quote, "Oh my goodness I thought you were one of the little maids!"  Then at the makeup counter someone guessed I was 21.  So, all in all, a good day for me :o)

Fra, I feel your pain. I'll be 24 in a few months and look like I'm 14. I know I look young and don't mind getting carded, but it pi$ses me off when people comment about it! I know I look like I'm in high school, thanks. I don't tell people, "wow, it looks like you have one foot in the grave. I was about to call the morgue and see if they lost a cadaver." ARG!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage License : Fra, I feel your pain. I'll be 24 in a few months and look like I'm 14. I know I look young and don't mind getting carded, but it pi$ses me off when people comment about it! I know I look like I'm in high school, thanks. I don't tell people, "wow, it looks like you have one foot in the grave. I was about to call the morgue and see if they lost a cadaver." ARG!
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

LOL I have had similar thoughts!  Such as, "I don't tell you you're prematurely wrinkled and look 8 years older than you are!" 
    Only when someone is rude/weird though.  One time a guy commented that it was nice of my parents to buy me a car (in a boy-you-must-be-spoiled kind of way).  I said, Huh? I bought that car for myself?  He said, Yeah right!  Apparently he thought I was 18.  (I was around 24 at the time.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

In Malden we needed no i.d. whatsoever when applying for the marriage license!  i thought it was very strange...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage License : Fra, I feel your pain. I'll be 24 in a few months and look like I'm 14. I know I look young and don't mind getting carded, but it pi$ses me off when people comment about it! I know I look like I'm in high school, thanks. I don't tell people, "wow, it looks like you have one foot in the grave. I was about to call the morgue and see if they lost a cadaver." ARG!

WPP, you're a baabbby!!! Or I feel old :(

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Malden we needed no i.d. whatsoever when applying for the marriage license!  i thought it was very strange...
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

So, you just filled out the form then went back to pick up your license?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I don't tell people, "wow, it looks like you have one foot in the grave. I was about to call the morgue and see if they lost a cadaver." ARG!

This is the funniest thing I have read all day.  LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Helloooo Ladies!

I know some things vary from town to town, so I thought I'd ask about your experiences.

When you applied for your marriage license, did you need to fill in the name and address of the person who would be performing the ceremony and signing the license?

A city hall is telling my friend she can come in and apply and they will give her a list of JPs.  I don't see how she can apply without already knowing who will do the ceremony.  She doesn't have much time left so I hate to see her wasting her time going to city hall just to have them say, Oh wait you need to fill in the JP!  I told her she needs to find a JP before applying, but she doesn't believe me... Maybe I am wrong!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Thankfully, I still get card nearly every time I go out to a bar.  It's a nice feeling.
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking, I only get carded when I am with my SO.  That makes me feel like a dirty old woman every time.

However, I get carded on the rare occassions that I buy cigarettes.  So, I look 21, but I don't look 18.  Undecided

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Helloooo Ladies! I know some things vary from town to town, so I thought I'd ask about your experiences. When you applied for your marriage license, did you need to fill in the name and address of the person who would be performing the ceremony and signing the license? A city hall is telling my friend she can come in and apply and they will give her a list of JPs.  I don't see how she can apply without already knowing who will do the ceremony.  She doesn't have much time left so I hate to see her wasting her time going to city hall just to have them say, Oh wait you need to fill in the JP!  I told her she needs to find a JP before applying, but she doesn't believe me... Maybe I am wrong!

Nope, it doesn't matter who does the ceremony with respect to applying for a lisence.  There are no questions relating to that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marriage License : Nope, it doesn't matter who does the ceremony with respect to applying for a lisence.  There are no questions relating to that.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Weird!!  When I applied for my marriage license, I had to fill in the officiant AND his/her address - in addition to the address where the ceremony would be held.  So I guess it does vary from town to town.