May Brides....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

May Brides....

It's HERE!

Happy May Day!  The count down really begins now; I hope all your planning is going well, I hope you are enjoying every moment, and I hope you are as excited as I am!

(Side note ours not so smooth; 2 things wrong with invites, 1 vendor MIA, tuxedos now missing - the ones we wanted are discontinued.... let's hope that's all that goes wrong!)

I am so excited and can't believe the count down is almost to the TEENS!  YEE HA! Sealed

(PS Don't forget to get your marriage license!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

Re: May Brides....

[QUOTE]It's HERE! Happy May Day!  The count down really begins now; I hope all your planning is going well, I hope you are enjoying every moment, and I hope you are as excited as I am! (Side note ours not so smooth; 2 things wrong with invites, 1 vendor MIA, tuxedos now missing - the ones we wanted are discontinued.... let's hope that's all that goes wrong!) I am so excited and can't believe the count down is almost to the TEENS!  YEE HA! (PS Don't forget to get your marriage license!)
    Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]

Katie - It now seems so real that it is so close.  I married last May, so I know the feeling.  But when you look back at all the little "diasters" that happens right before and didn't make a hiccup in your day, you'll look back and realized it was just a little thing!  We all have them right before the wedding (and even on the wedding day) and it will give you a good chuckle when all said and done!

Good luck - everything will come into place for your special day!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Katie - congrats!  I was a May bride too.  I completely agree with Jag - there are always little mishaps - and they won't make a difference once the big day arrives.
    My venue even served the wrong meal! (we ordered sliced beef tenderloin and they served filet mignon).  No one knew but DH and me so it didn't matter.  As a matter of fact I didn't even notice until DH pointed it out. :)

And I did see your post about the tuxes.  Don't fret - either black (so traditional and lovely) or charcoal will look great with navy dresses.  I wore navy as a maid in a friend's wedding and I had my girls in navy at our wedding. Both times the guys wore black - everyone looked great.  I think the charcoal will look quite spiffy too!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Yay for May!  Only 22 days to go for me!!  What date is yours Katie1980?

It's just about time to withdraw a chunk of money from ING to pay everything off and I am freaking out a tiny bit.  I don't have all the rsvps so how can I know how many centerpieces I need??  Or table numbers??  Ahhhhh!  It will all be straightened out in a week or two though :o)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So far no mishaps, but clearly there will be some... 
    Well OK kind of... my hairdresser left the salon I have been going to for a couple years, but the woman they scheduled me with instead is great... If only the makeup artist didn't stink!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I was a May bride, can't believe it's almost been 2 years!
    The good thing about mishaps happening now is that you know that same thing can't go wrong on the big day! And like Miss Lily said, even if something does go wrong, no one will notice but you :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Fram we are date twins!

So much fun!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oooh that's right!  I remember you mentioned in your hotel thread that you're wedding was on the holiday weekend.  Woo hoo!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

I am getting so excited too. I am a May bride for next year, but I cannot believe that it is soon going to be a year away!!!! I am going to look at the venue again in a couple weeks to see how all the flowers and trees look in preparation for next year. Can't wait!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

You know what is unfortunate?  Right now there are so many pretty bushes and trees in bloom by my house, but that will all be gone in a few weeks!  Not the end of the world, of course, but something I noticed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Fra - I thought the same thing on my way in today!  We only have 16 (EEK!!) days left, but I know the buds & flowering trees will probably be gone by then.  Hopefully, so will the allergies though!  But still, it was enough to put me in a springy/wedding mood :)

And we just applied for our license yesterday - big steps now!

Katie - what vendor is MIA?  you may have posted over in vendors, but I haven't been over there yet.  You still have time.  I know it seems like crunch time, but I'm conviced things can work out as quickly as they have to!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Hi Fra - I thought the same thing about the trees... oh well - green is great though! TiBird - Event Nanny they are now MIA!!!

But we have a cousin watching kids now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I made the mistake of making myself a new to do list today... Stress city!  Then I told myself I was being silly and there were at least 5 things I could do right way.  Welllllllllllllllllllll right off the bat I discovered that my spa went out of business!!!  There goes my gift card!  Gotta find a new place for waxing! 

I'll feel better by the end of the week because there are plenty of little things I can check off if I just focus :o)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

I hear you - I am just about to do my "TO DO" for this week and the weekend.

So many things to do (why do we put pressure on ourselves?)

SO EXCITED Sealed

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

My issues for the week... or maybe just the day Frown
    1) Spa where I was planning to go for all my waxing needs apparently closed.  There goes my gift card!  Not the end of the world - can find another place for waxing.
    2) The only people who booked hotel rooms through my block are me & fiance, one uncle, and one couple.  Other people may have booked rooms some other way - not sure.  Now the hotel is booked.  We have transportation to and from and only 5 freakin people are staying there!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Fram,
    Do you have a contact at the hotel? Send them your guest list and see if they are there -  a few people on ours booked through ORBITZ so they are putting a mark on the reservation to show they are with our party.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Oh lord... I'm glad you girls posted this!  It gave me a reminder to make my weekly list.  Big one this week - follow ups & finalizing!  But the first one went so bad I think i'll call it a day. 
    Fra - I should have learned from you & not started off with the hotel! 

Katie - good suggestion about checking the entire guest list!  And I'm glad the childcare things worked out!

Are we seriously the only 3 May brides?  Wow, no wonder it's so slow on these boards!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks Katie,  I might try that.

We found another hotel right up the street so the transportation could easily go to both... Here's the thing, though - we can't FORCE people to book rooms there.  There are several people from out of town who NEED rooms, but all I can do is send them the link.  My mother-in-law is up in arms trying to figure out what to do about the hotels and transportation.  Meanwhile she is one of the people who said she wanted to stay where we are and never booked a room!!  Welcome to my world lady - it's tough figuring out what to do do and how to accomodate everyone!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oh yeah - she wanted us to switch to a different hotel for $70 more... a hotel where we had a block which has expired... so we could have got a room for $50 less but now it's too late... sigh...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

either that or the other May brides are so wedding-talked out, they can't bear to post. I know I felt that way some days! It was like "If one more person asks about the wedding, I'll scream!", lol :)

[QUOTE]Oh lord... I'm glad you girls posted this!  It gave me a reminder to make my weekly list.  Big one this week - follow ups & finalizing!  But the first one went so bad I think i'll call it a day.  Fra - I should have learned from you & not started off with the hotel!  Katie - good suggestion about checking the entire guest list!  And I'm glad the childcare things worked out! Are we seriously the only 3 May brides?  Wow, no wonder it's so slow on these boards!
    Posted by tibird[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I'm another May bride here.  And yes, it's getting overwhelming.  I wrote out a to do list miles long this afternoon.  Sigh....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

12 more days wow!!!!

Only 6 for you Tibird!  How's it going?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

So far, so good!  I gave my final counts this morning & then checked my email to find someone had to cancel.  But on the bright side, I got to drop my fiance at his mom's yesterday & then quickly excuse myself for wedding errands!  Yeah, I'm milking the excuse, but I figure it's the only time I could get out of bowing down to her will :)
    Other than the last minute stuff of picking up the license & tux and dropping off favors, card box, etc at the venue, we are pretty much set.  The rehearsal is Thrusday & I think after that I will be all clear till Sunday!

How is it going with you?  All the little things working themselves out?  Did you find a place to press your dresses?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, ladies!  The finish line (or the starting line, actually) is in sight!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]So far, so good!  I gave my final counts this morning & then checked my email to find someone had to cancel.  But on the bright side, I got to drop my fiance at his mom's yesterday & then quickly excuse myself for wedding errands!  Yeah, I'm milking the excuse, but I figure it's the only time I could get out of bowing down to her will :) Other than the last minute stuff of picking up the license & tux and dropping off favors, card box, etc at the venue, we are pretty much set.  The rehearsal is Thrusday & I think after that I will be all clear till Sunday! How is it going with you?  All the little things working themselves out?  Did you find a place to press your dresses?
    Posted by tibird[/QUOTE]

Isn't it funny how that works?  I will probably still run around every night this week, but then I have next Thurs & Fri off and, if all goes well, I will have almost nothing to do, except the rehearsal and mani/pedi.  KNOCK ON WOOD

I have to say, I was pretty glad to drop off my fiance yesterday too  :o)  Hugs all around and then, Gotta run!!

Things are coming together.  I'm dropping off my dresses at Bridals by Valerie tomorrow.  I bought a steamer for $30 at Walmart, but I just don't think I can handle that mound of fabric and beading, so I'll be returning it.

Sections
Shortcuts