Melting Pot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Melting Pot

I'm headed to the Melting Pot in a few weekends for my friends bachelorette party.  At first, I didn't want to go since I have heard it is pretty pricey, but people on here said that you don't need to order the amount they tell you to order (fondu for 2 can feed more?)  Kar was it you?  Anyways, ladies who have been can you recommend how much food we should order for 7 people?   I told some people who were hesitant to go that they would not have to spend a lot since we wouldn't order the recommended amount...  thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Melting Pot

I've never been, but can't you just order more if you need it?  I'd order less than you think you need [or less than is recommended] and then add if you need it.  I do this when I  go out for tapas.  I learned that my eyes are bigger than my stomach when it comes to Spanish food, so I order 2-3 tapas and then order more if I'm still hungry. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Christinymarini. Show Christinymarini's posts

From my experience they key is not to get sucked into their "Big Night Out deal" (cheese, broth and chocolate fondue) which is always way too much food.  We go and choose 2, usually cheese and chocolate and that is still more than enough food to be satisfied.  Also, I don't remember if they tell you this, but as long as there is still something in the fondue pot they will usually bring you more sides to dip. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't remember anything about pricing, but I did post about how much I love it there for how conducive it is for visiting.  Nothing fosters conversation like everyone waiting for their bite of meat to cook. :)    I agree with the others; order less than recommended, and order more if necessary.

P.S.  You could definitely just do cheese and chocolate.  Or, you could have a dessert party and just do chocolate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I second Christiny - the big meal deals are WAY more than enough.  I think we got one that was like $94 for the two of us.  (Why on earth do I remember that number?)  It had a little bit of everything (beef, salmon, lobster, chicken, pork), but was totally unnecessary.  We were stuffed by the time the chocolate came... but of course we ate some anyway!!
    Of the three courses, the "entree" was my least favorite; the cheese and dessert were definitely better!  So you could either do just those two, or order one of the meal deals and split it between 4-5 instead of 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MM379. Show MM379's posts

We always do cheese and chocolate.  I think if you are only doing cheese and chocolate, sticking to their recommended "numbers" works.  Last time some girlfriends and i went (there were 4 of us), we did cheese (2 different pots), side salads (1 each) , chocolate (1 pot), and we were more than stuffed.  We probably would have been stuffed without the side salads, but I think our guilt over just eating cheese and chocolate won out.  With a few drinks, I want to say were all in the upper $30s. But if you are doing a full 3 course thing with meat, you can definitely double up on people-per-item.  I would say a 2-person "big night out" feeds 3-4 easily. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks for the tips! We'll def go the order less and then get more if we need to. Good tip on the main course not being the greatest!  I like that they bring more sides as well if you run out.    Hope it's yummy! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Ooooh, the Melting Pot.  I tried to go there for lunch once and had to leave immediately because the smell was completely offensive to me!  I've never had that happen before!  I've walked in a couple of times since then in different locations - same issue.  I hope that doesn't happen to you or any of the guests! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

My sister, mom and I went today for an early mothers day and we got the big night out for the 3 of us.  It was more than enough and DELISH!

I also went for a friends birthday..there were 6 of us...we got 2 big night outs and also had leftovers of the meats/fish. 

1 of the big night outs is definitely better for 3-4. 

Enjoy!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

My DH and I went with a friend (so 3 total) and we got a special for 2 it came with a 2 salads, cheese, main and chocolate and we ordered an extra salad and it was plenty for three, but we did kind of eat a lot it probably would have been good for 4.

I did like it but it was kind of pricey.

Sections
Shortcuts