Music suggestions/poll?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Music suggestions/poll?

In Response to Re: Music suggestions/poll?:
    [QUOTE]Randomly, my favorite song to dance to is "I Will Survive."  It may not be wedding-appropriate, but it's awesome.  I haven't been to a wedding sober in just over 16 years, so I can't offer much help on the other stuff.  I haven't slow-danced since my high school prom, and I think it was "Wild Horses."  I love that song.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Ha!  I love I Will Survive too!  It is a great hustle also, so I think it is already on our must play list.  :)

Random fact:  I scored a 96 (out of 100) on karaoke to that song too.  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music suggestions/poll? : Ha!  I love I Will Survive too!  It is a great hustle also, so I think it is already on our must play list.  :) Random fact:  I scored a 96 (out of 100) on karaoke to that song too.  :)
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

The only song I can sing halfway decently at karoake is "Let's Hear it For the Boy."  That would be an interesting wedding song, considering that my SO is much younger than I am....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music suggestions/poll? : ooh, I love "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" especially because it's slow enough, but really upbeat too!
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

There is Muse cover of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." Sadly, it might not be too danceable. Starlight was probably not a favorite of my neighbors either! When I was first dating FI, I lived in CT and would drive to Boston just about every Friday night. Starlight almost always came on the radio during the last half hour of the drive, so it always had the happy associations of getting to my sweetie and getting off the road.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from meanbean220. Show meanbean220's posts

3. Still working on this, current pick is Starlight by Muse.

This was our last song- we really wanted it to use it for our dance, but DH doesn't have much in the way of rhythm (despite being a drummer)!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Music suggestions/poll? : The only song I can sing halfway decently at karoake is "Let's Hear it For the Boy."  That would be an interesting wedding song, considering that my SO is much younger than I am....
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Love love love that song!!!  Although it doesn't really apply to DH since he has plenty to say.

Also love It's Raining Men lol.  Can't think of I Will Survive, without thinking of that song too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

Our first dance was to "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge and we entered to "Love Will Keep Us Together" by The Captain and Tenille.  Both had some significance.   You didn't ask but our last song was "Save the Last Dance for Me" by Michael Buble.

For fast dances, I agree with everyone who says to start with mo-town, move through the 80s and add some current stuff.  Your DJ should be able to help you with this but I think it's a good idea to give some songs you like (and don't).  For slow, I love Michael Buble and Sinatra.  Totally cliche but "The Way You Look Tonight' always gets me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

(Hi, Gonzo - long time, no see!  Hope you are doing well.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't ask but our last song was "Save the Last Dance for Me" by Michael Buble. For fast dances, I agree with everyone who says to start with mo-town, move through the 80s and add some current stuff.  Your DJ should be able to help you with this but I think it's a good idea to give some songs you like (and don't).  For slow, I love Michael Buble and Sinatra.  Totally cliche but "The Way You Look Tonight' always gets me.
    Posted by Gonzo130[/QUOTE]

Save the Last Dance for Me is one of my favorite songs.  And The Way You Look Tonight always gets me, too.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

We're using Save the Last Dance for me as our last dance as well!  Love it!  Bonus, it is a great cha cha!

Sections
Shortcuts