Need HELP: Ceremony arch or other ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Need HELP: Ceremony arch or other ideas?

We're planning to have our ceremony in a courtyard outside.  It will JOP, no more than 30 mins total (I think the actual ceremony is like 12 mins!).  We'd like to have some kind of decoration, but don't want to spend much money on it since it will be so short.

Any ideas for where we can rent an arch or something that doesn't look cheesy and doesn't cost a lot?  I have tried web searching and come up with a whole lot of NOTHING.  Most people say to ask your florist, but ours doesn't have anything.

Or, any other ideas for how we can designate the space?  I know we probalby don't need anything but I feel like it will look very boring without it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Need HELP: Ceremony arch or other ideas?

You can get an arch at a crafts store  like A.C. Moore, or one of the brides on these boards might even have one they would give you or sell for a small amount.    (Your florist isn't being very helpful if he/she can't give you any ideas, btw.)

You could rent one at a party rental place like Festive Occasions in Woburn...I checked their website and they do have a lattice arch....you'll have to call them to get a price.  They also sell used items...  www.festiveoccasions.com

As another idea, you could frame where you are standing with some large potted plants, like ficus trees -- real or artificial.  Your florist should at least know where you could get them.... 

But, if money is tight, just keep in mind that there's nothing prettier than a blue sky, a lovely gown, and big smiles!  Best wishes...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

There is also this company that rents them:
    ...though I heard they were a bit pricey.  

Our florist provided ours; I am also surprised that yours isn't interested in providing this service.   So many people want them, you'd think they could make good money on offering this item.  Ours was a chuppah with birch poles and a textile top that we provided (it was a blue & white batik with two doves in the center). Anyway, my point is, if that is the style you are looking for, you could probably create it yourself or talk to your florist about helping you make one.  You could provide a meaningful fabric for the top (you're Indian, right?  A colorful Indian pattern would be gorgeous here...)

The idea of two large planters that cosmo mentioned is also nice.  Talk to your florist.  I wonder if there is anything flowering that might work.  We had dogwood branches trained up the front poles of our chuppah and I love the way the blossoms frame our faces in many of our ceremony pictures.

good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Trex,
    I didn't end up doing this, but for our outdoor ceremony I was thinking of buying some kind of columns on which I could place floral arrangements and then I would have brought the flowers indoors to be put on the guestbook table or the bar or something.  I didn't get too far with the idea, but figured I could get some kind of columns that are intended for a garden, maybe at Home Depot, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fizzz. Show Fizzz's posts

My dad built this for us. I think if you know the right person, it is not a huge project.

BG.jpg picture by aubrey622

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

Fizzz that is adorable!!!!!!!

Trex - i was thinking the same thing for our wedding - an arch of some sort for our outdoor ceremony next fall.  the farthest i got was the mill store that sells them direct...although you would have to finish it/transport it/etc.

my thought was that we could use it for our wedding ceremony and then move it to our garden in our back yard and have it at our home forever.

a bit cheezy and maybe not practical...but a thought.

http://www.millstores.com/category.cfm?cattype=2&catcode=21

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Guys!  Thanks for the ideas!  Fizz, that is awesome!  I can't believe your dad built it!

Candice:  we were thinking a similar thing but it woudln't really work in our yard (no place for it!).  Thanks for the mill stores link!  I found one on Home Depot that I like but it was a little more expensive.  But it is already finished.  Maybe we can sell it after we use it...

Home Depot Arbor

Jasmine:  Thanks for the rental link!  Those are gorgeous!  I'll call them, maybe there is a chance they are in our price range!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I found this when I did a Google shopping search for "Arbor"

$50 ain't bad!