New Weddings Discussions Page

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

New Weddings Discussions Page

Hi -- several of you have asked for a page you can bookmark that displays several discussion threads from all of the Weddings forums: Etiquette, Dresses, etc. We finished it! Here it is:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/weddings/forums/

Let me know if it works for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Re: New Weddings Discussions Page

[QUOTE]Hi -- several of you have asked for a page you can bookmark that displays several discussion threads from all of the Weddings forums: Etiquette, Dresses, etc. We finished it! Here it is: http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/weddings/forums/ Let me know if it works for you.
    Posted by BDCDottie[/QUOTE]

It didn't work for me.  Got "operation aborted" error messages and then "page not found".

Thanks for listening to us and creating this page though!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

works for me! Thanks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

It works but I get a bunch of error messages I have to click through before the page loads.

And I wish it displayed post counts for each thread.

But it's an improvement over having to scroll through the entire Lifestyles section.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Works great for me. Love it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

p.s. i'm using Safari as my web browser--so maybe the errors are a safari issue?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

It doesn't work in my IE either. i'll try it at home in Firefox. but thanks for creating it. let's hope it works for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

FriarGirl: Let me know if refreshing the page helps. If not, tell me what browser and version you are using (it's under "Help" at the top, the "About Internet Explorer" or "About Mozilla Firefox" link at the bottom of the drop-down menu).

Jasmine: I just sent a note to our product manager for these community tools asking if the total number of posts can be displayed. And I'll check if using Safari makes a difference.

Northern: Should work in IE ... can you tell me the version you are using?

Thanks...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

version 6.0.2900

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Works for me with Firefox on a mac!  Love it, too, thanks!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

sweet, works on my firefox :-) only minor complaint is that you can't just go back to all the wedding discusions, you have to go back to the lifestyle page...unless I am just navigating wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]Works for me with Firefox on a mac!  Love it, too, thanks!!!
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Everything works on a mac! LaughingTongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

It works on my Firefox at home.  I use IE6 at work (because my company is still in the Stone Age). 

Thanks so much for putting this together!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Northern: No, you're not navigating wrong ... this new index page isn't part of the breadcrumb that you see at the top of every discussion (Forums >> Lifestyle >> Weddings:Details >> etc.) -- it's a separate page we set up to get around the limitations of what came out of the box from the new forums company. You'll have to use the back button to get back to that index page, or bookmark the link and use that bookmark.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

Can you do one for the Parents board too?  I want to be able to see the most recent discussions in all categories - General, Pregnancy, TTC, etc.
    Thanks so much!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

I got the same error as Friar Girl - 6 operation aborted messaged & then a list of "page cannot be displayd"'s.  Got the same thing again after refreshing.
    I'm using Internet Explorer V. 6.0

Thanks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

works, yay! thanks

ETA: there's no way to get back to that page once you're in a discussion. its not included in the breadcrumb nav along the top...thats annoying, but its better than nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Misslily: Here you go:
    http://www.boston.com/community/moms/forums/

amschnittger: You're right, it's not part of the breadcrumb navigation. It's because we wrote the scripts and created that page ourselves while we're waiting for the Forums company to create separate index pages. They say it's on their development list for late summer/early fall. We didn't want to wait that long, so one of our software guys put that page together for us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

The link does not work for me either. I get a ton of popups saying it was aborted and then the page has error messages. I am using IE version 6.0

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

the moms link does the same thing as the weddings one. same error messages and pop ups

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

hey Missy, it won't work for me in IE 6.0 either. but Firefox works just fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

Dottie,  I get this error 5 times every time I go to the page.  I'm on Safari on a Mac.

INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: DOM Exception 5

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm on a Mac OS X 10.4.11, and it works for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Hey, Dottie, I'm getting crazy debugging errors every time I try to load this page.  The individual pages in the forum are fine.  And it happens every time I reload or use the back button, which is fairly frequently.

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that my firm is forcing me to use Internet Explorer, but I was wondering if there's anything that can be done.  It's almost annoying enough to get me to work instead of post.

Also, can we start using the word s-e-x?  I mean - what if I'm talking about having a baby?  A person with transgender issues?  Homosexuality?  Come on...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

kar, everything works on a Mac!

I'll report the IE and Safari issues to Tech ... and I will remove SEX from our banned word list, lucy. the trolls just work around it anyway.