One Week Away! Any last minute details I'm missing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

One Week Away! Any last minute details I'm missing?

We are now one week away from being married! For the first time in my year of wedding planning I woke up this morning way too early and was nervous I was forgetting things.

I have contacted all of our vendors and sent final payments, details and directions.  Our final-final numbers are due on Wednesday to our reception site.  Centerpieces and welcome bags will be assembled on Monday and delivered Thursday.  Final dress fitting was last weekend and scheduled dress pick up for Wednesday.  Final errands (breakfast for the wedding party, alcohol for post-reception party) will be completed Thursday and Friday.

Am I forgetting anything?  Of course besides to relax and enjoy the day Cool

P.S. I caved and checked the weather forecast for next Saturday - showers.  Hopefully that will change in the next week!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: One Week Away! Any last minute details I'm missing?

it sounds liek you've got everything covered.
    You might want to make a checklist just to put your mind at ease.
    You especially want a checklist to go over before you head to your hotel/venue so that no one has to make any last minute dashes.

And don't worry about the showers- it's good luck! (if you believe in that kind of thing)
    My wedding was 3 years ago on Saturday the 19th and it showered, but it didn't put a damper on the wedding (pun intended) ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats on being in the home stretch!

You should start a list of all the things you want to make sure is in the car on the way to the ceremony.  I actually left my veil in the closet and my almost-DH risked life and limb racing home for it (against my telling him to forget it!).  I never would have thought I'd forget something as important as something I planned to WEAR. 

Start the list now and review/add to it every day, as necessary.

Oh, they can't get the weather report right the day OF.  It could be sunny...let's hope!

Have a great day!!

~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Congrats clc!!

try not to worry too much about the weather... if it makes you feel any better, the weather forcast said it WOULDN'T rain on my day (up until the night before), and it did.  (Which is why I now refuse to ever check the weather except if I want to know the temperature right that second).

AND - cloudy days make for wonderful outside pictures.  The colors really pop.

Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

best of luck clc!!!!
    no matter what happens witht he weather i am sure it will be amazing!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks girls!  Cici - your wedding is coming up soon as well, right?  How are you doing with everything?

Also, one quick question...

We have a big wedding party (10 BM's, 10GM's, 2 FG's and 1 RB) so our rehearsal should be interesting and busy.  I'm trying to minimize the number of people there.  My grandmother has asked to come and I told her that it wasn't necessary, one of my brothers will be walking her down the aisle and seating her but she doesn't need to practice.  I anticipate FI's grandmother wanting to be there as well.  Am I out of line to ask them not to come?  I don't want to be a bridezilla but in this case I'm thinking, the more the crazier!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I second the posts about the weather: they have no idea until about 1 day before.  Don't worry about it!  I bet it will be gorgeous weather!

About the rehearsal: I woudln't worry about it too much.  They go by really fast and they are always kind of chaotic.  I'd be more worried about hurting your grandmother's feelings by asking her not to come.  What is one or two more people? 

I say this from personal experience:  I was told specifically that I wasn't welcome at a rehearsal (because the bride wanted the wedding to be a "surprise") and it did really hurt my feelings.  I was invited to the rehearsal dinner, but not the rehearsal which was a total pain and I thought very odd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

They are all invited to the RD its just the actual Rehearsal that I was asking them not to attend.  My grandmother seems fine with not coming, she wanted to make sure someone was walking her down the aisle and that she was sitting where I wanted her.  I know that my brothers can handle that task so she's okay with not coming.

FI's grandmother (and family in general) are a little difficult and critical.  She has no filter and often says what's on her mind whether or not it's offensive. I was thinking it might be easier not to have her at the actual rehearsal.  But it might be better to let her come if she's going to cause a fuss about not being invited.

We are not going on our honeymoon until August.  FI is a school teacher and baseball coach so he can't take the time off.  But it will give us something to look forward to!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

clc - I do think it's absolutely fine to tell them they don't need to come to the rehearsal, but if you think it may cause conflict then I would let them do what they want.  Our rehearsal lasted all of 15 minutes - even with 10 GMs, 5 BMs, two ring bearers, and the rest of our families.

I will cross my fingers for you that it doesn't rain!  We got married on 5/23 last year.  The forecast for the whole week was beautiful weather... until Saturday when it was supposed to shower!  I was really worried, but finally at like 2:00pm on Friday the forecast changed for Saturday.  It may have drizzled a tiny bit in the morning, but that was it.  I hope you have the same luck!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks Fram - I'm hoping for the same thing.  However, I will not let the weather get me down.  The only portion that is outside is the pictures but I have back up plans if necessary. 

And Pink, if it does rain, I will absolutely be considering it good luck!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

good for you! ro rain, no rainbows :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

CLC - Congratulations! Now, breathe! Your day is going to be wonderful! Pink is right - no rain, no rainbows!

As for the grandmothers at the RD, the more the merrier. If they are uncomfortable with the amount of people, they won't stay long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

CLC & Cici - Congrats!  This is such an exciting time! 
    I second the checklist idea... I am very much a list person and it helps keep things straight.  I would also suggets looking over your photo lists & schedule for the day one more time. 

As for the grandmas... I wouldn't worry about it too much.  It's easier to just go with the flow and honestly, with that many people involved, you may not even notice them at the rehearsal.  I was nervous that 2 IL's in particular would ruin things (sadly is was not people we could avoid having there).  THey were on good behavior, or else I just didn't notice anything.  Either way - I was happy :)

Good luck!