Organic Wine Suggestions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

Organic Wine Suggestions?

To all you wine lovers - we are hoping to serve an organic white and red wine at our reception.  Anyone have any favorites that are reasonably priced?  I have a favorite Riesling, but it's too expensive to buy in bulk and I can only find it in Maine.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Organic Wine Suggestions?

The organic wine I've had I cannot recommend, but I found a book "Organic Wine Guide" just now on Amazon.  It got 5 stars with one reviewer and purports to cover 2000 organic wines.  Maybe if you don't get any suggestions here that work out this book could help. 

I drink wine and shudder to think how much pesticide it takes to grow grapes...good move going organic.  I like Peak Organic Nut Brown Ale, but, of course, that's not wine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

DH is a sales rep for a wine distributor. He's tried everything under the sun, now if he'd just call me back so that I could share his knowledge...!! I will update shortly.

Update: He recommends Naked Earth wines. They have a red and white, and come from France. I've linked the website. Cheers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

Sweet!  Thanks ladies!  I'm gonna call around to a few liquor stores near my place and see if they carry Naked Earth.  It will be a good weekend for wine tasting!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sweet!  Thanks ladies!  I'm gonna call around to a few liquor stores near my place and see if they carry Naked Earth.  It will be a good weekend for wine tasting!
    Posted by dbilodeau

Austin Liquors in Worcester has the largest supply and variety of any other in the state, I'd guess, but they do not have their inventory online so definitely put them on the list to call.  I get very hard to find beer there, and the place is HUGE.  I just found out they have a store in Shewsbury, too.  (20% off cases of 12, you can mix and match)

Austin Liquors Contact Info

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

OMG this post was made for me!  I found out two years ago that I became allergic to the sulfites in wine. So for the past two years I have been trying to find the best organic wines out there.  I have been buying all my bottles at Cambridge Wine and Spirits (used to be mall liquors, in freshpond near alewife) They have a whole organic wine row!  

My absolute favorite chard. is Bonterra, they have a good Cab as well
    Ladybug same company as Bonterra is wonderful as well
    Frogs leap is tasty but pricy
    White Truck/Red Truck makes an organic line 

A suggestion however, if you are going to buy in bulk. Kenwood is actually organic, they have all types of wine, good quality, but not as expensive as the organic (the ones advertised as organic)

Benzinger is another that is not advertised as organic but is, they also carry all types, Cab, Merlot, Chard.  

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info, I have some other ideas too. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

If you want to try Naked Earth call the Wine Emporium on Tremont Street in Boston. Talk to Max. Tell Max the wine is carried by Baystate and he'll be happy to order anything you need. He'll also be able to let you taste it (in person, no over the phone ;) )
    617-262-0379

Sections
Shortcuts