OT: Apocalypse storm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

OT: Apocalypse storm

I went to NH for the day, and when I came back my town was in crisis! A bunch of roads are closed, there are felled trees EVERYWHERE, my neighbor's pool has a giant tree through the middle of it, fences are down, cars are caved in. What happened??

Did anyone else have a ton of damage in their town? Who was hiding in the bathtub while the house shook? I just can't believe a wind storm caused this much turmoil!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: OT: Apocalypse storm

I'm from CA - we don't hide in bathtubs over some measly house shaking!  Sealed

One of the trees in my front yard fell, partially blocking the driveway.  My car was in the driveway, but it didn't get hit.  I also had to race around the house closing windows - when I got to the last one, approximately 60 seconds after the rain started, there was huge puddle on the sill.  Crazy.

And the poor kitty was outside during the storm - he was M-A-D when he came in!  (He looked like I had just given him a bath.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We saw such damage on the news just now!  What wild storms.  Nothing that bad in our area, just run of the mill thunderstorms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I was over at a friend's house in Framingham and after the downpour her street was flooded right in front on her house. It was up to the neighbors knees in one section but because of the dips in the road it only covered a couple inches of my tires. RT 9 in that area got flooded as well. However, about an hour later, all the rain on her street was gone. Crazy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Route 9 flooded out by Chestnut Hill, too.  That was fun to drive through. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I knew it was happening because I had a flight that would not leave to head in to boston till the storms were over. It was not a fun sunday sitting in an airport for 8 hours!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Trees down all over storrow drive and DH had a hard time driving out of Beacon Hill because on almost every street a tree is down.
    We were driving back fromt he grocery store when it hit, dodging branches on the road. Branches were whackingt he side of our car as they were being carried on the wind. It was crazy. I think the most disturbing this was how quickly the storm was over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, I heard it was all of 8 minutes!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

It was just a crazy micro-burst. People in the mid-west have them all the time. Hence the tornado warnings.

Funny thing is, I napped through the whole thing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I had Lucy's experience - house was soaked before I got all windows closed!!  Then, after the crazy, it got sunny out so I opened them again - then it rained like crazy again!  Best part was the wind stuck it's arm through my bedroom window and pushed everything off of my bedside table all over the floor - including 1/2 cup of coffee I hadn't finished that morning.  Lovely.  I owe my friend a new book...

Also, funny, I ran out to the store after the storm was over and saw tons of huge branches down all over the street.  When I came home I commented on them to my husband (who also went outside for something after the storm) and he was like, "What branches?  I saw a few sticks but that was it".  Ummm... honey, ALL over the road HUGE branches!  Men and their attention to detail.
    Tongue out

Sections
Shortcuts