OT - April Fools Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

OT - April Fools Day

Anyone play any jokes today, or have them played on you?  I am trying to come up with something to do to my coworkers and maybe even DH...I can't think of anything that isn't mean.

I was thinking about planting a weird memo in the fax machine, but with my luck no one would check it today.  Or maybe sending out a memo for a company sponsored fight club.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT - April Fools Day

LOL that's a good one, dkb!

I haven't played a joke in years. I did all the time when I still lived with my mom. Parents are easy to fool with, and they always forgive!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, you know your company, but I'd generally warn against using company property (email) for a joke.  Where I worked that was against company policy and could get you in trouble.

I've always hated April Fool's Day.  I'm terrible at deception of any kind, and I don't particularly enjoy being deceived even if it's for fun.  It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

My old stand-by when I was a kid was to tape down the handle of the retractable hose in the kitchen sink, so that when someone turned on the water they'd get sprayed.  Not terribly creative, but my parents always played along and were good sports. 

One of my (male) friends put Ben Gay on his parents' toilet seat once.  Talk about a mean joke!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I like the tape on the sprayer trick!  'Course, I'd just get myself on that joke since DH doesn't do dishes....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

This morning Mix1041 went on the air to discuss a "pet tax". Aparently as part of the health care package to help subsidize the cost everyone in the country had to log on to a website and registry their pet by next week. You had to enter its name, type and weight and pay a tax every year until the animal passed away. It applied to all animals even fish and hampsters. They even had the representative from Amherst come on and explain the new law. Gotta admit they got me at first until i remembered what day it was and i went to the website. It was a good joke though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Today is actually my birthday, so I'm not a fan of April Fool's jokes either.  However, I can honestly say that I've never had a mean joke played on me in all these years.  I guess I get a free pass!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT - April Fools Day:
    I've always hated April Fool's Day.  I'm terrible at deception of any kind, and I don't particularly enjoy being deceived even if it's for fun.  It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Posted by kargiver

Me, too.  Also, since I rarely look at the calendar, I am likely to believe anything people tell me for about 80% of the day.  I mean - it doesn't feel like April out there.

I do, however, enjoy Google's... er... I mean, Topeka's...April Fool's jokes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

One of my friends who is chronically single and (as far as I knew) only casually seeing someone announced on Facebook that she's engaged and changed her profile to a picture of a hand with a ring on a guy's shoulder. She's carrying it out pretty far, but I kind of want to see until tomorrow if it's still true.

I heard the thing on Mix too and came up with about 10 reasons why it wouldn't work and then went to the website. They got me on that one!

Happy Birthday CLC!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Yea, i thought of a few reason as well and then i couldn't wait to get access to an internet connection to check out the website. I actually heard the joke and thought of you Lucy and your 'lovely' roommate lol. Poor Hobbs could have been impounded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Right, I do know my company and wouldn't do anything that could potentially get me fired.  We receive these official emails with company announcements when people are promoted, and one of the guys I work with has a reputation for going to the gym in the middle of the day.  So his assistant sent out an email in the same format as the company announcements saying that said guy had just been appointed the official corporate pilates instructor and he would be hosting group practices everyday from noon-2 (the time he usually disappears to the gym).  Everyone got a big kick out of it.

I just sent my DH an email saying that I just checked the home phone and there was a message for you from a Mr. Lyon...he needs to talk to you ASAP.  Then I put the number to the Franklin Park Zoo.  He called me at work and asked if I knew who this guy was because the number was to the zoo.  I started laughing and he was quiet for a minute, then told me I'm not his friend anymore.

Mezzo - I saw that trick on America's Funniest Home Videos!  If I had a sprayer I would do that to DH all the time.

NL - my friend fell for that.  She was so mad when she heard it on the radio and checked the website when she got to work and found out it was just a joke. 

The google one is good.  Did you hear about the WolfPigeons joke that Qualcomm pulled last year?  Just read it on B.com...was pretty funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Friar - I hope she doesn't scare off her boyfriend!

Two years ago, my buddy called to tell me his wife was pregnant with twins.  I was so excited, but then I got off the phone and realized OMG he was totally messing with me!!!  But he wasn't... it was actually April 2nd that day :o)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

A couple of years ago, one of my co-workers came in and brought an "urgent" message for another co-worker to call Jenny as soon as possible at 617-867-5309. 
    She asked everyone if we knew who Jenny was, but, naturally, we didn't.  Innocent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

fake mice or bugs go a long way. especially first thing in the morning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

that's amazing!!!

In Response to Re: OT - April Fools Day:
    A couple of years ago, one of my co-workers came in and brought an "urgent" message for another co-worker to call Jenny as soon as possible at 617-867-5309.  She asked everyone if we knew who Jenny was, but, naturally, we didn't. 
    Posted by lucy7368

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

dkb - that was great :)  I wish I could have thought to do something like that to DH!  I'm usually on the other end of these things.

Although, if anyone subscribes to Groupon, they launched a new site today - Groupopon -  Some deals over there :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Happy birthday, CLC! Today is my mom's birthday too, and it was ingrained in me as a child that any joke on this day would result in instant death. 

Every year on April 1, my grandma would call my mom and say, "Look in your backyard. There's a deer out there!" This was her April Fool's joke and every year my grandma would get a huge kick out of it. The thing was, we lived on several acres of land in upstate NY, and at any given moment, there were between 5-7 deer in our backyard. 

What did google do today? I missed it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Google changed it's name to Topeka because Topeka, KS changed its name to Google.  The regular multicolored "Google" on the site was replaced, and you could click on it to read this whole made up story about it.  It was cute.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Thanks girls! I'm looking forward to getting out of work and having a nice dinner out with FI.

WPP - I love that your mom made you fear playing pranks on her, something to keep in mind when I have my own little ones!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday!  Have a great dinner - you know, calories don't count on your birthday so get a couple desserts. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Oh Kar I wish I could.  Unfortunately I gave up dessert for lent, I know what was I thinking?  But I plan to make up for the last 40 days on Easter.  I'm skipping dinner, only apps and dessert for me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Happy Bday CLC!

Everyone have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Doesn't Lent technically end on Good Friday?  So, if it's after midnight, you can indulge whatever you gave up?  And, 9 pm here is midnight in England... and everyone loves England.  Wink

Now, for the meanest April Fool's joke ever:
    http://gothamist.com/2010/04/01/cruelest_april_fools_joke_so_far_in.php

I cried a little when I read it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Skipping the ham?!  That's the best part...mmmm, Easter ham....

Sections
Shortcuts