OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?!

As peak wedding season winds down I took a trip down memory lane on my commute home last night - highlights and such from all the weddings I've been to... My personal favorite: I was MOH at my cousins wedding a few years back. While at the reception, just after finishing up his father/daughter dance my uncle (Bride's father) pulls me and DH aside to tell us "just for what it's worth, I completely disagree with all of this, I don't think she should be marrying HIM". DH and I were mistified to say the least, mouths wide open :o

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?!

I'll share the crazy and absurd!

At my cousin's wedding, the best man got insanely drunk (which is what he does every night), called the security guy at the venue a derogatory name for a gay person beginning with an "F", and started a fistfight with another guest at the wedding.

Great guy, huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?!

Craziest thing I ever saw at a wedding: at my Aunt's wedding, they had a big catholic church wedding. The whole shebang.
    When they both knelt down at the altar, my (about to be) unlce's shoes had "Help Me" spelled out in white tape on the soles.
    People gasped and snickered.

Turns out his BM and GMs planned that out.
    Luckily, my aunt thought it was funny.
    I would not have been amused.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I went to a wedding once where the officiant was wearing overalls.  It was outdoors, but the bride and groom were still in a wedding dress and suit...they didn't seem to mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

I dont' know whay you classify this as but my sisters wedding I was MOH my aunt (only 10 years my elder) decides on wedding day to wear her MOH sweater from a previous wedding she was in to "bust my chops". Then at the reception gets sloppy drunk, throws up in the reception room, and has to get wheeled out in wheelchair with a bucket on her lap...I guess that's more of a HA! moment for me :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Wow.  I go to boring weddings!

The general observation I have made at weddings is that no one's is as good as your own!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

Another good one...at a friends wedding nearly 10 years ago (she was the first of the group to get married) one of groomsmen fainted during the ceremony. It was a catholic church with carpeted floors and because he literally fell flat on to his face he got rug burn on his nose! Of course everyone gasped, the ceremony stopped (temporarily) and several "medically trained" guests rushed the altar. He finally came to but had to sit out the formal pictures immediately following the ceremony. Apparently, it was caught on video too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I was at a wedding last year (i think? may have been the year before) and a rather large woman was standing watching the bouquet toss and holding onto a cane to hold herself up.  She fell over and hurt herself and an ambulence had to be called. The DJ continued to play music as if nothing happened. Shortly after,the bride hunted down her son's girlfriend and threw the bouquet at her and told her son "see, now you have to propose, she has the bouquet" . At this same wedding during the cake cutting, the coordinator called the groom chicken for not shoving cake in the brides face.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

Well, I guess I could share the wedding I attended where a brother/sister pair caught the garter and bouquet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I was at a wedding a couple of years ago where all of the women backed away from the bouquet toss.  It sat on the ground for about 10 minutes before I picked it up to give it back to the bride.  They made me take a picture with the guy who caught the garter... who was my best friend's boyfriend and who I absolutely HATED.  I was ecstatic when they broke up.  But, there I am, smiling in a picture with the jacka$$.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?!:
    [QUOTE]I was at a wedding a couple of years ago where all of the women backed away from the bouquet toss.  It sat on the ground for about 10 minutes before I picked it up to give it back to the bride.  They made me take a picture with the guy who caught the garter... who was my best friend's boyfriend and who I absolutely HATED.  I was ecstatic when they broke up.  But, there I am, smiling in a picture with the jacka$$.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]
    haaaaaaaaaaaa!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

A friend of mine from college got married to her high school sweetheart the summer after we graduated from college.  I went to the wedding and at the reception sat with my friends who had all gone to the same college.  Fast forward 10 years, she and the high school sweet heart lasted only two years and she was getting married a second time.  At the reception one of my college friends realizes that we are sitting at a table with the exactly the same people as the first wedding and sitting in the exact same seat order.  (The bride had only invited wives or husbands of her guests and at that time only two of us were married and for some reason neither spouse came.)  We quizzed her about this and discovered that yes, she has used the same seating chart as the first wedding.  She is not to blame for us sitting in the exact same spots,  we did that ourselves.  There are photos of both weddings.  It is very strange.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I would have to say it was a wedding I went to with a HS boyfriend. The groom got so drunk that he pulled his pants down in the middle of the dance floor, and the bride just laughed and laughed. I was like Surprised

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?!:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  I go to boring weddings! The general observation I have made at weddings is that no one's is as good as your own!
    Posted by ash[/QUOTE]

Me too!!  I am racking my brain over here.

I went to a wedding @22 where they had open bar... if by open bar you mean a keg of PBR and boxes of white zinfandel.  Maybe that's how they do things in upstate NY?  (No offense to anyone from NY - serious question!)

And my DH definitely thinks no one's wedding is as good as ours.  It cracks me up.  We have been to 4 since ours and 3 of them were a blast, but if you ask him ours was sooo much more fun.  Oh WOW I have a million stories about the 4th, but it was too recent.  I don't want to risk the bride seeing this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well, I would like to think that everyone thinks their own wedding is the best! :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I must attend the same boring weddings that ash does b/c I don't have any good stories.  :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I don't really know if I should share this, but I attended a wedding several years ago where I got so drunk that a friend and I decided to sing karoake.

We sang "I Touch Myself" and did a lovely little dance that we made up.

... while my friend's grandmother watched.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I've seen a bridemaid faint (it was 100 degrees in an un-airconditioned, not even a fan, church).

I've seen a bride get so drunk that she spilt red wine down the front of her dress (and this was only about two hours in to the reception)... same bride had an ill-fitting dress that kept showing her br@ all day/night.

The most surreal one was the two highly religious friends who had their church band play for the entire reception, and only sung religious songs (which could have been kinda cool if they were a gospel type group, instead they were three pubescent boys who played the guitar, drums and sang badly).

My sister was a bridesmaid for one of her high school friends and at the boquet toss another guest went up and slapped my sister across the face when she caught it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]I've seen a bridemaid faint (it was 100 degrees in an un-airconditioned, not even a fan, church). I've seen a bride get so drunk that she spilt red wine down the front of her dress (and this was only about two hours in to the reception)... same bride had an ill-fitting dress that kept showing her br@ all day/night. The most surreal one was the two highly religious friends who had their church band play for the entire reception, and only sung religious songs (which could have been kinda cool if they were a gospel type group, instead they were three pubescent boys who played the guitar, drums and sang badly). My sister was a bridesmaid for one of her high school friends and at the boquet toss another guest went up and slapped my sister across the face when she caught it.
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

These are all too funny, especially the person who slapped your sister!  Who does that??  I hope she was okay and didn't have little red hand prints on her face.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

My aunt participated in both the bouquet toss and the garter toss at my wedding.  Thankfully, she caught neither.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miss-cellaneousJones. Show miss-cellaneousJones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT - Best, most unique, touching, downright crazy or absurd observation that you've ever made at a wedding?! : Me too!!  I am racking my brain over here. I went to a wedding @22 where they had open bar... if by open bar you mean a keg of PBR and boxes of white zinfandel.  Maybe that's how they do things in upstate NY?  (No offense to anyone from NY - serious question!) And my DH definitely thinks no one's wedding is as good as ours.  It cracks me up.  We have been to 4 since ours and 3 of them were a blast, but if you ask him ours was sooo much more fun.  Oh WOW I have a million stories about the 4th, but it was too recent.  I don't want to risk the bride seeing this!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]
    I'm from upstate NY and YES, you are right - that's just how they do it there. I've been to plenty of weddings where the drink choices were canned beers (with red solo cups) and white zin out of a box! But it's "all you can drink"!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Well misscelaneous, I have another upstate wedding next month so we'll see how it goes!  My DH is a huge fan of PBR so this could be great lol.

When my girlfriend got married she was just getting over a cold.  She was coughing a little at the front of the church so the priest asked the best man to get a glass of water.  He replied, No thanks - I'm fine.  Everyone close enough to hear cracked up laughing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

When the wedding party's dance was to "Let's Get it On" by Marvin Gaye.

I laughed out loud !!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

All in all, I figure this post would go on for years if weddings were planned and organized by the men.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where the bride's grandfather gave her away (her dad had passed away).  As soon as they reached the end of the aisle and he kissed her, his pants fell down!  It was such an awkward moment, and I am a champion of laughing in inappropriate situations, but I somehow managed to hold it together until he and the bride started laughing to diffuse the awkwardness.  The poor man--I felt bad, but he really should have worn some suspenders! 

This was the same wedding where the mother of the bride got incredibly drunk at the reception and almost took out the MOH when she dove to catch the bouquet (honestly, who WANTS to catch the bouquet at their own daughter's wedding?).  She then proceeded to spend the rest of the reception walking around with the bouquet in one hand and a bottle of Patron in the other.

Sections
Shortcuts