OT- Brazil Butt Lift?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

OT- Brazil Butt Lift?

I'm so embarrassed to admit that I'm even contemplating buying a workout DVD program called "Brazil Butt Lift," but, well...I am.  I saw an infomercial for it on TV, and for some reason was really intrigued (usually I tune infomercials right out).  

When I've done "butt" exercises before, even with a trainer, the squats and lunges had far more impact on my thighs than my butt, even though I was doing them correctly (i.e. putting weight in my heels for the squats, etc.).  In fact, they made my thighs a little bulkier (not what I was going for).

Does anyone have any experience with this workout?  I know it seems a bit gimmicky, but it also seems fun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: OT- Brazil Butt Lift?

There's a Brazilian Butt class at my gym.  Honestly, it's a lot of lunges and squats.  It was actually funny - she gave us these weighted poles, and had us squat all the way down, then back up.  But, since I'm a whole lot shorter than the instructor, I spent most of the exercise either standing and holding a pole, or squatting on the ground.  And, for some reason, she had us put weights on our necks and do sit-ups (last time I checked, my butt was big, but not so large it swallowed my stomach).  I only tried it once.

Anyway, you can check to see if they have it on Netflix, if you're a member.  The other thing I would do is go to the Boston Public library's website.  If *any* library in the network has a copy of the DVD, they'll forward it to the one nearest you and let you check it out for a week.  That way, you can try before you make a decision.  And, if they don't have it, you can go in and browse the other exercise DVDs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Rather than squats or lunges, you might be better off trying Dead Lifts.... probably best to google it - as it is somewhat hard to explain without pictures!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

That looks interesting... I may try it, if I can do it without falling over.  :) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I have no experience w/ teh Brazil butt lift, but I have been intrigued by the commercials.  I haven't seen one yet b/c DH would laugh me into next week if I did.  We tend to watch TV together, so it's not like I can sneak a look. :-)

Anyway, I agree w/ the dead lifts. Also, check out Target. Bally sells something called a core training ball. Basically, it looks like an unweighted medicine ball. Their DVD that comes w/ it is actually decent.  Do the move where you hold the ball behind your knee while you are on all fours and do what are essentially donkey kicks.  There is also something called the fire hydrant, which is exactly what it sounds like - you lift your leg holding the ball like a dog peeing.  It works like crazy.  If you don't feel that in your butt, your can probably already crack walnuts.  I think the ball cost me like $10 or so.

GL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Thanks for the suggestions!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

if you want to thin out your legs and butt, but not bulk up, I can recommend bar ballet training. If you don't have a bar (and who does?), you can use a chair to balance.
    It's all about slow, controlled leg-lifting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I thought this was a post about lipo. haha

Sections
Shortcuts